IGNORED

Found on Pinterest - biblical child hitting

hollyandivy

raisinggodlychildren.org/2012/06/10-habits-to-develop-for-correcting.html

I don't know if this has been discussed before, if yes, I apologize.

In short: as long as you have a godly/biblical attitude you can beat the crap out of your kids..... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I don't think that we've discussed it but there is a lot of information to keep us snarking for awhile.

This is under the training button at the top

I don’t want to get all “preachy†on you, but I will say this: Discipline is Biblical. As Fathers, we must discipline our children when they disobey us and more importantly when they sin against God. You are a derelict Father if you allow your children to remain in a constant state of rebellion against you and against God

Believing that if your kids don't obey the parent that they won't obey god can make some parents panic and overreact to misbehavior. The parent is not god so I am not certain why it isn't disrespectful for a religious person to even make the comparison.

Pretty much all secular psychologists tell us that “spanking causes psychological damage†and I do believe that’s true to some extent. Unfortunately, too many parents don’t know the proper way of disciplining their children. Spanking, if done out of control can be labeled in some cases as child abuse. No doubt. But does this mean we completely disregard the idea of spanking? Absolutely not! The Bible speaks too much about it as you will see. But remember, this isn’t just all about spanking. It’s about discipline. Some discipline may include spankings, other discipline may not. Good luck trying to spank your 17 year old. Whether you have teenagers or toddlers Biblical Discipline is necessary when they disobey. And if you fail in this department, generations of your offspring will likely fail in this too

You can be abusive when you are in control also. I've seen this line of thinking on other fundie blogs. They believe that as long as the parent is calm, no abuse will happen.

This is their article about I Want It Now

http://pinterest.com/godlychildren/discipline/

raisinggodlychildren.org/2011/07/15-marriage-tips_15.html

This particular marriage advice sounds pretty boring.

5. Beware of cheerfulness degenerating into levity. Let no natural vivacity of temper, no occasionally indulged sallies of humor and jocularity—throw a shadow over the exercise of solid principle. Little foolish things give a color to character, and are more easily imitated, than serious and good sentiments.

The 15 marriage tips are a tad disturbing.

"Wherever you are, in the first place, remember that God's eye is upon you; and then imagine also that your husband and father are present."

So when you are having sex, just imagine that God and Dad are watching too.

"Be friendly with few;"

Yes, cut yourself off from being friends with most people. Always a good plan when you first get married.

"If you and your husband happen to differ in opinion or feeling on any point—remember whom you have promised to love, honor, and obey—and this will settle all things."

Just keep in mind that a woman's little mind is never right. Ignore all your feelings and depend on your husband to tell you how to feel.

"If you and your husband happen to differ in opinion or feeling on any point—remember whom you have promised to love, honor, and obey—and this will settle all things."

Hmm, obey wasn't in my vows, nor in my mom's when she married in 1956. So, a great big "whatever" to that point!

They don't seem to recommend the Pearls, but they do have a transcript of John Piper's "Jesus would have spanked his kids if he had any" speech, and recommend Tripp.

And here are some salient quotes:

Remember children are born with a definite bias towards evil, and therefore if you let them choose for themselves, they are certain to choose wrong.

It is painful to see how much corruption and evil there is in a young child's heart, and how soon it begins to bear fruit. Violent tempers, self-will, pride, envy, irritability, passion, idleness, selfishness, deceit, cunning, lying, hypocrisy, a terrible aptitude to learn what is bad, a painful slowness to learn what is good, a readiness to pretend anything in order to gain their own ends—all these things, or some of them, you must be prepared to see, even in your own flesh and blood. In little ways they will creep out at a very early age; it is almost startling to observe how naturally they seem to spring up. Children require no schooling to learn how to sin.

Never listen to those who tell you your children are good, and well brought up, and can be trusted. Rather, remember that their hearts are always ready to burst into flame like dry tinder. At their very best, they only need a spark to ignite their evil. Parents are seldom too cautious. Remember the natural depravity of your children, and be careful.

Then there's this icky video:

O8qfYk6aNZw

:shock:

He just wanted to make sure his daughter knew she was vile. But it's OK, because everybody is vile. :evil-eye:

raisinggodlychildren.org/2011/10/power-of-your-childs-sin.html

raisinggodlychildren.org/2011/08/would-jesus-spank-child.html

raisinggodlychildren.org/2011/10/train-your-children-or-they-will-train.html

So even if your kids are well behaved, you still need to treat them like they are evil little demons at all times. No matter what they do, children can never earn the trust of their parents. These people really hate children, don't they?

This crap, comparing the kind of "correction" that involves pain, shame, or both, to the benign "correction" that a teacher does, always burns me up:

Approach correction like a sports coach. Like Jesus did with His disciples, good sports coaches constantly observe their players and make corrections. My daughter is a ballet dancer. When she is not being corrected, she feels like her teacher does not value her. Children who are loved know they are being corrected because their parents care for them. Teach your children what Bible says about correction; remind them that they are being disciplined because you love them.

When I "correct" my students, it is to give them advice to succeed at a particular skill -- it's usually saying something like "try this," followed by specific instructions. I hope that's what his daughter's ballet teacher does, as well.

That's not what Dad means by "correction."

It's so fucking dishonest, as well as cruel to children.

:angry-banghead: If your children have a tendency to "evil", you're doing something seriously wrong. Normal "God given" developmental stages are NOT evil. These people piss me off so much!

My 16 month old already loves to "help". He also gets into everything and melts down when he can't always play with his brothers' toys (or plastic bags or the cat food....) because he's a baby and is learning about the world.

I don't want to know what's in that video, do I?

I feel sorry for those kids. They're going to grow up with such self-loathing and paranoia that they're horrible people and will go to hell.

:angry-banghead: If your children have a tendency to "evil", you're doing something seriously wrong. Normal "God given" developmental stages are NOT evil. These people piss me off so much!

My 16 month old already loves to "help". He also gets into everything and melts down when he can't always play with his brothers' toys (or plastic bags or the cat food....) because he's a baby and is learning about the world.

I don't want to know what's in that video, do I?

No, no you don't. That's some seriously disturbing shit.

So Adam and Eve fucked up millions, uh 6,000 years ago and god is still making everyone pay for it? Methinks god needs a crash course in anger management and letting go of grudges.

It is painful to see how much corruption and evil there is in a young child's heart, and how soon it begins to bear fruit. Violent tempers, self-will, pride, envy, irritability, passion, idleness, selfishness, deceit, cunning, lying, hypocrisy, a terrible aptitude to learn what is bad, a painful slowness to learn what is good, a readiness to pretend anything in order to gain their own ends—all these things, or some of them, you must be prepared to see, even in your own flesh and blood. In little ways they will creep out at a very early age; it is almost startling to observe how naturally they seem to spring up. Children require no schooling to learn how to sin.

:shock: Seriously, WHY do these people even have kids? How can they say "Children are a blessing!!!" out of one side of their mouths when they're saying this shit out of the other side?

Besides feeling uncomfortable with the idea of spanking my kids, i'm just convinced that it doesn't really work. It might stop the behavior for a minute, but it doesn't really change their desire to do it. My parents spanked me, and while i'm not resentful towards them for it....I realized a long time ago that it just made me sneakier and more passive-aggressive.

My mom had some more creative and thoughtful discipline processes that worked a lot better than the spanking did. Those are methods that actually changed my behavior AND changed my attitude. I feel like spanking is just kind of the easy way out, if that makes any sense. Real "discipline" takes work and thought, which is something many quiverfull fundies just don't have the time to do. So I feel like they resort to spanking because it's quick and requires no thought.

I feel sorry for those kids. They're going to grow up with such self-loathing and paranoia that they're horrible people and will go to hell.

Agree!

Adults have a tendency toward evil. Babies, on the other hand, are just eating, burping, shitting machines for the first few months. Then they begin to recognize their own selfdom but not yet that of others, so naturally they’re self-centered until they learn empathy – a skill these parents cannot teach if they lack it in themselves.

Archived