IGNORED

Lori Alexander says Jesus was masculine

Lori's posting from today. I had to crack up at this posting as usual Lori is a bitch towards men who aren't like her asshole husband Ken.

Did you know there are fan clubs for the man who set the Boston bombs off? Yes, women would love to marry him and think they are in love with him! What is it that attracts women to evil, mean men? There are many women who even stay with men who are beating them up.

This was the conversation on the male/female hour on Dennis Prager's radio station. He was saying that men being the head of the household is being mocked to death now and one isn't allowed to even say such a thing, sadly, even among Christians.

However, even in the midst of the feminists movement that has tried to make men and women equal in every way, most women still want an alpha male, a strong and assertive man. Basically, they want a masculine man.

Men today are being taught to be sensitive and have more feminine qualities. Unfortunately, many men are being raised without fathers so they have no masculine role to follow. Mr. Prager said that men call him up and ask him if they should open a door on a date. He counsels the men that of course they should and if the women don't want them to open the door, don't date them.

So women who are in love with mass murders have their desires misplaced. They see murderers as strong, forceful men, something they desire while forgetting the evil, sinister qualities of these men. It is a tightrope men have to walk these days. They need to be strong and assertive but not become mean and act like a jerk in the process.

I think many godly men fit the mold perfectly. Jesus was a masculine man. He truly loved people but rebuked the Pharisees and hypocrites. He overturned the tables in the temple and fought for justice and mercy.

Yes, women should seek to find a masculine man for a husband. One who is not afraid to protect and provide for his family. Yet, in order to do this, she must become a feminine woman. One who wants to be provided for and protected. She must also seek to have a gentle and quiet spirit.

Also did everyone know that Lori is the president of the Michael Pearl fan club?

Hitting new lows. Comparing Ken's teeny wee penis to Jesus.

Getting desperate is Lori.

If I had to live with one of Lori's godly (barf) men, the rest of you would be following my adventures on the eleven o'clock news.

Did you know there are fan clubs for the man who set the Boston bombs off? Yes, women would love to marry him and think they are in love with him!

And men write to that Arias chick who killed her boyfriend, and Susan Smith. And young women still write to Charles Manson. Celebrity seems to be what is the driving force here, not masculinity.

What is it that attracts women to evil, mean men? There are many women who even stay with men who are beating them up.

You tell us, Lori. Maybe some of these women have been told that GOd wants them to stay and submit?

Lori, just because you find hostility and aggression hot doesn't mean that all women do. Stop universalizing your own preferences, and maybe seek some therapy.

Lori, just for you:

manlyjesus.jpg

Reminded me of something I found after I saw a sign I couldn't believe in Waxahachie, TX. A sign, much like the picture you posted, was in front of a gym. I had to google and found not only The lords Gym //lordsgymwaxahachie.com/membership_rules.html, in Waxahachie, but another, similar logoed place in California .lordsgym.org/ which appears to be a ministry. The one in Tex appears to be a Christian owned business.

I have always thought it was creepy to use religious symbols in selling nonreligious goods and services. (Like the little fish symbols added to ads) for many reasons. One, a couple of my friends who are or were practicing Jews found it offputting, so you are losing business. Secondly, it seems it is always the born again, fundie kind of Christian who is all over the Jesus died for my sins, salvation for eternity, doomed to hell without him and I owe him everything types who happily reduce their Christian symbols to the equivilant of the golden arches or a coke logo. Not to mention the louder they play the hymns in the shop, the more closely you should examine their work quality, with a few exceptions I've seen.

Did you know there are fan clubs for the man who set the Boston bombs off? Yes, women would love to marry him and think they are in love with him!

And men write to that Arias chick who killed her boyfriend, and Susan Smith. And young women still write to Charles Manson. Celebrity seems to be what is the driving force here, not masculinity.

What is it that attracts women to evil, mean men? There are many women who even stay with men who are beating them up.

You tell us, Lori. Maybe some of these women have been told that GOd wants them to stay and submit?

Ugh...yes. Lori, dear, aren't you one of the ones saying that women who are abused need to work on submission and stay with their abuser?

Jesus' masculinity is just....not something I've ever thought about? I mean as a Christian, it's just not important. Jesus was sensitive and kind but also confident and forthright in standing up for righteousness and goodness, you can be sensitive but also not a pushover. But every man is different, just as every woman is, and to say that all our personalities should be dependent on our crotch decor is just silly.

No, it's not really a tightrope.

Different women have different tastes, obviously, but the following traits are popular:

1. Shows love and commitment toward his family.

2. Has a sense of responsibility. This includes financial (finding a job, sticking to a budget), but also includes sense of responsibility toward care of children, upkeep of house, etc.

3. Shows respect to wife and family. Secure enough in himself that he feels no need to always maintain control over a wife, does not always have to prove that he is right, and can even accept some advice.

4. Strives to be a good person, help others, etc.

Jesus would be the weeniest of all weenies by her standards. He turned the other cheek. He insisted on generosity. He refused to condemn women or allow stonings. In the end, he submitted to torture and death, begging at the last that his assailants/murderers be forgiven.

Why do fundies know so little of their own Messiah? :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

With apologies to the Jewish cultural appropriation tumblr people, I'm going to introduce a word to Lori and the MRA types: mentsch.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Mentsch

If more guys think about being a mentsch, and less about whether they are being masculine, the world will be a better place. A mentsch is judged by his actions and decency, not his ability to bully or dominate others. His greatest strength is his strength of character.

To my way of thinking, if you feel diminished by a woman who you are not dominating and who dares to have an independent thought, you are actually showing that you aren't much of a man at all.

I had to do a project on school shootings, mostly about the Columbine shooting, and had to do a video project on it. I put it on youtube for easy access for class and got some, well, very disturbed comments from people who seem to think murderers are awesome and such. And yes, a few were female. (Video has long since been removed since the class ended a few years ago and I did not want to ever think about those things again since the stuff is so disturbing).

There's always some very messed up individuals, but there's nothing "masculine" about murder. Yes, it's just so powerful to bring in semi-automatic weapons and start shooting at your classmates while they ate lunch or were studying in the library. Yes, it's just so brave to plant bombs at an event and blow runners up as they finish a marathon. It's just so strong of a man to go into an elementary school and shoot at first graders sitting at their desks to start the school day.

Lori, you really, really, really need help. You are calling murderers masculine and attractive. No, just no. Most women have zero attractiveness to killers. It's like that nutjob who said getting arrested was a point up on the attractive scale for men. Uh, no, no it isn't. If he told me he had been arrested, I'd think twice about going out with him. It's this whole bad boy is what women want and nice guys finish last bullshit. No, they really don't. Men who are truly nice guys have zero trouble having relationships.

And as for Jesus, she needs to read the New Testament again. And that's all there is to say.

I read an article about how the portrayal of Jesus as an uber-masculine guy is a pretty recent phenomenon. It began because, as in many religions, most church-goers and active participants in Christianity are women, and church leaders were afraid that the gentle "turn the other cheek" Jesus was driving away teh menz.

I have never desired an "alpha male," and I wonder if that's a cultural thing growing up Jewish. For 2,000 years, Jewish men were barred from a lot of "manly" professions, either because of religious prohibitions or because of the laws of where they lived. It was hard for a man to be "strong and assertive" when doing so would get you jailed or killed. None of the men in my family, including my husband, are the way that Lori thinks men should be. They are, however, good and responsible people who work in partnership with their wives to do what is best for their families.

Reminded me of something I found after I saw a sign I couldn't believe in Waxahachie, TX. A sign, much like the picture you posted, was in front of a gym. I had to google and found not only The lords Gym //lordsgymwaxahachie.com/membership_rules.html,

Oh, my. Besides this lovely logo:

index_14.gif

they also seem to have had their site designed by a graduate of the SOTDRT, since they proudly claim they are:

index_15.jpg

:lol:

Too bad the Village People didn't have a member dressed like the Masculine Jesus Lori orgasms over.

AO43p2Wqc08

Lori wouldn't be able to recognize a real man if one walked up to her and introduced himself. Sad, twisted woman.

Jesus was a total feminist, Lori. A total feminist. They just did not have a word for feminism back then.

Lori wouldn't be able to recognize a real man if one walked up to her and introduced himself. Sad, twisted woman.

Has she ever said anything about Ken that was actually nice? That showed him as a decent person, worthy of respect? That wouldn't make the average person think, "wow, he's a creepy asshole"?

Has she ever said anything about Ken that was actually nice? That showed him as a decent person, worthy of respect? That wouldn't make the average person think, "wow, he's a creepy asshole"?

Occasionally she will throw out some tidbit about Ken giving her a massage or how they hold hands around the neighborhood. I remember something happened a few months back where he said something against domestic violence shelters in the comments section of Lori's blog. Lori talks about how she is his servant all the time. Ken will always come off as a creepy asshole to me. I've said this before and maybe this sounds crazy, but I think Ken is worse in some ways that Steve Maxwell and the PP.

If Jesus is sooooo masculine, then why is he always depicted as having long flowing hair and robes instead of a manly buzz cut and a wifebeater? Huh, Lori? HUH????

Seriously, all you need to do is stick some flowers in his hair and he's the ultimate hippy love child.

Jesus would be the weeniest of all weenies by her standards. He turned the other cheek. He insisted on generosity. He refused to condemn women or allow stonings. In the end, he submitted to torture and death, begging at the last that his assailants/murderers be forgiven.

Why do fundies know so little of their own Messiah? :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

But he would have looked like a bad-ass. As a Nazarene, he would have had dreads and an untrimmed beard. Probably rail-thin with crazy eyes after wandering in the wilderness for over a month. In short, nothing at all like the blue-eyed metrosexual Jesus whose image dominated the sanctuary in the church of my childhood. I don't think Lori would have found the real Jesus very hot at all.

Archived