IGNORED

Bikini Season / Women are like Chocolate Cake - Merge

Shina

So I clicked on the link and it said "We are making updates to the Made in His Image Website!" Damage control, anyone?

Ugh. Wish I'd taken screenshots.

EDIT: Found their facebook page! It says that the website is down because they've "gone viral" and want to allow people to post comments. (The website already had a comment feature; maybe they're fixing it or maybe it's a BS excuse.)

If anyone else is curious: facebook.com/pages/Made-in-His-Image/201419636590927

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:whistle: I tried to google search and the link came up the same way. Drat, they're on to us. :whistle:

Website's back up! (Can you tell I've developed a minor obsession with this organization?)

Our Mission: To begin a dialogue, a discussion, in a safe and compassionate setting, to foster hope and healing, and to empower women to turn from victim to survivor. Ultimately, to provide holistic medical treatment and healing for women suffering from eating disorders, physical, and or sexual abuse, which entails, educating all women on the nature and dignity of the human person, created in the image and likeness of God.

They're trying to raise money to open a center for these women, where their treatment seems to include being made to play organized sports ( :wtf: )

madeinhisimage.org/our-story/

Website's back up! (Can you tell I've developed a minor obsession with this organization?)

They're trying to raise money to open a center for these women, where their treatment seems to include being made to play organized sports ( :wtf: )

madeinhisimage.org/our-story/

Nothing against organized sports but it's not everyone's cup of tea. I hated organized sports in high school. Last week I was at my granddaughter's track and field day. One little girl, don't know if she was a fundie or not but she was wearing a dress. It was hard for her running and doing the long jump.

Sunglasses protect against more than just melanoma. UV exposure to your eyes can lead to earlier onset of and increase the growth of cataracts and can damage the cornea. My aunt spent summer after summer on a boat on lakes without sunglasses and now has severe damage to her corneas.

Because I have a family history of early cataracts and have a small one already that will likely need to be removed before I am 50 and have extreme photosensitivity due to a hereditary retinal condition, I wear sunglasses outside at all times year round. Our culture tends to view sunglasses as a fashion statement/summer accessory. That is wrong.

I had cataract surgery in both eyes before I was 50, probably because of not wearing sunglasses for most of my life. Although I'm glad that the surgery did correct my severe nearsightedness, it's probably not the best idea to risk surgery on something as important to us as our eyes.

I had cataract surgery in both eyes before I was 50, probably because of not wearing sunglasses for most of my life. Although I'm glad that the surgery did correct my severe nearsightedness, it's probably not the best idea to risk surgery on something as important to us as our eyes.

Yeah, I figure I have this to look forward to. I briefly wore sunglasses in my teens, but when I switched from wearing contacts to wearing glasses full-time due to dry eyes, I went without sunglasses for many years. (I finally bought a prescription pair maybe five years ago. They are the most expensive things I've ever put on my face, and they still don't have great coverage.)

Sunglasses protect against more than just melanoma. UV exposure to your eyes can lead to earlier onset of and increase the growth of cataracts and can damage the cornea. My aunt spent summer after summer on a boat on lakes without sunglasses and now has severe damage to her corneas.

Because I have a family history of early cataracts and have a small one already that will likely need to be removed before I am 50 and have extreme photosensitivity due to a hereditary retinal condition, I wear sunglasses outside at all times year round. Our culture tends to view sunglasses as a fashion statement/summer accessory. That is wrong.

My family also has early onset cataracts and I have always worn sunglasses when outdoors since I was in college, and still had my cataracts removed and new lenses implanted at 40. I still always have sunglasses with me. Of course, I use sunscreen on my face year round, why not have the eye protection as well.

I can't read threads like this without thinking of that one fundie family that went swimming with all their clothes on, including socks.

People should swim in what is safe and what they are comfortable in, and screw what others think. I can understand being more comfortable in a modest bathing suit, but swimming in a long jean skirt is not safe.

One of the most horribly uncomfortable feelings in the world is having cold and wet socks on your feet.

One of the most horribly uncomfortable feelings in the world is having cold and wet socks on your feet.

There is no discomfort that trumps the warm feeling of superiority one gets in winning the "holier than thou" contest.

And how much holier than thou can it get than to swim, but only swim fully dressed.

In the 70s, some abusive Christian school for girls in my state had everyone swim clothed, but they made sure that they separated the sexes as well... fully dressed, same sex swimming-- and bragging about it--imagine how holy they must have felt!

There is no discomfort that trumps the warm feeling of superiority one gets in winning the "holier than thou" contest.

And how much holier than thou can it get than to swim, but only swim fully dressed.

In the 70s, some abusive Christian school for girls in my state had everyone swim clothed, but they made sure that they separated the sexes as well... fully dressed, same sex swimming-- and bragging about it--imagine how holy they must have felt!

I beg for your forgiveness for my ignorance and unholiness.

I get bladder infections real fast once I cannot keep my feet safe, warm and dry for a short period of time, but I think what comes of that, the burning sensation, the blood in my pee or just some pee in my blood, the pain that makes me curl up and cry once the meds wear off (31yo woman here) are totally worth it for me to go to heaven (and meet all the gothardites and whackos and have no booze and dancing and music there, and no one from FJ, obviously). Thank you for fixing the dimming lighbulb in my head. :worship: :worship:

Please have me in your prayers. :mrgreen:

AVENues,

Who always keeps a boxful of URAL ready (um, small sachets of bicarbonate mix to immediately alleviate discomfort caused by bladder infections).

AVENues, have you ever used hibiscus tea? A couple of cups a day (great when sweetened with honey) along with a daily dose of 300 mg of grapeseed extract could give you some relief from any bladder troubles.

Back OT, fundies should quit fussing and carrying on so much about what others wear to the beach. If they weren't so damned sex-obsessed themselves, they wouldn't care so much about what others are wearing.

Now, I am a person who wears socks all day long, wear them with sandals, wear them to bed. I cannot even imagine swimming with them on however. Because yes, cold, wet socks feel awful. I have swam with a teeshirt over my suit just to try to protect my back where I've already had squamous cell skin cancer but I don't even like the feel of it. As for swimming in denim, that weighs you down and is dangerous. There are cute modest suits available, no one should have to wear clothes swimming.

I beg for your forgiveness for my ignorance and unholiness.

I get bladder infections real fast once I cannot keep my feet safe, warm and dry for a short period of time, but I think what comes of that, the burning sensation, the blood in my pee or just some pee in my blood, the pain that makes me curl up and cry once the meds wear off (31yo woman here) are totally worth it for me to go to heaven (and meet all the gothardites and whackos and have no booze and dancing and music there, and no one from FJ, obviously). Thank you for fixing the dimming lighbulb in my head. :worship: :worship:

Please have me in your prayers. :mrgreen:

AVENues,

Who always keeps a boxful of URAL ready (um, small sachets of bicarbonate mix to immediately alleviate discomfort caused by bladder infections).

I expect you could find some higher up in one or all of the various groups we talk about who would lay hands on you for healing.... just show them where it hurts.... :evil-laugh:

I can't read threads like this without thinking of that one fundie family that went swimming with all their clothes on, including socks.

People should swim in what is safe and what they are comfortable in, and screw what others think. I can understand being more comfortable in a modest bathing suit, but swimming in a long jean skirt is not safe.

Wasn't it the Buckingham-Hales who swam in pools and khakis?

I believe in getting a little vitamin D and when I run at 6 am I don't generally wear sunblock. But if I'm outside anytime after 10 am, I usually have on a minimum of SPF 30. Tis' the curse of being a ginger :evil:

"Let’s try and put ourselves in a guy’s shoes. I think we can all agree that as girls, exercise is important to us. We want to stay healthy and are often working on getting fit. We work out and stay away from carbs or sweets. We use all of our willpower to not eat the chocolate cake on the counter! Now, let’s pretend that someone picked up that chocolate cake and followed us around all the time, 24/7. We can never get away from the chocolate, it’s always right there, tempting us and even smelling all ooey gooey and chocolate-y. Most of us, myself included, would find it easy to break down and eat the cake. And we would probably continue to break down and eat cake, because it would always be there. Our exercise goals would be long gone in no time."

madeinhisimage.org/the-bikini-question/

"Let’s try and put ourselves in a guy’s shoes. I think we can all agree that as girls, exercise is important to us. We want to stay healthy and are often working on getting fit. We work out and stay away from carbs or sweets. We use all of our willpower to not eat the chocolate cake on the counter! Now, let’s pretend that someone picked up that chocolate cake and followed us around all the time, 24/7. We can never get away from the chocolate, it’s always right there, tempting us and even smelling all ooey gooey and chocolate-y. Most of us, myself included, would find it easy to break down and eat the cake. And we would probably continue to break down and eat cake, because it would always be there. Our exercise goals would be long gone in no time."

madeinhisimage.org/the-bikini-question/

Not a good analogy for several reasons. First, women are not chocolate cakes. Cakes do not have any say in whether they are eaten or not. Second, if I ate enough chocolate cake, I'd get sick of it. Also, I can eat a tiny bite of chocolate and be satisfied no matter how often I see the cake. Even if you are on a strict diet, a tiny portion of cake won't hurt your diet if you just adjust your calories for the day.

Actually, this analogy is pretty offensive to men.

This analogy is bizarre and scattershot. What is she trying to say? That guys are trying to lure us with chocolate cake? That if we were made of chocolate and exercised we would melt and force men to cannibalize us? Oh, I'm so confused.

What is this, some bizarre, adult BDSM take on Hansel and Gretel?

Women in bikinis chase men around and jump into their line of sight constantly? dafuq?

If I did that, I'd put men off "chocolate cake" for the rest of their lives! :lol:

Women in bikinis chase men around and jump into their line of sight constantly? dafuq?

Life is like the Benny Hill Show.

I don't like chocolate cake.

Does that make me a trans-confectioned person?

And why are fundie analogies always so ridiculous?

There's already a thread for this

freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17659&hilit=bikini

I don't know- if I were trying to avoid chocolate cake, I probably wouldn't go to a bakery where I know they will be on display...

Archived