IGNORED

Advice for men on how to dress so women won't stumble!

IReallyAmHopewell

This is being discussed on another blog:

allauthority.blogspot.com/2013/05/whats-guy-to-wear.html

It's Gabriel, the "treat your wife like an infected foot, because otherwise you'd be treating her like a dirty toilet" guy!

:D

Funny thing, Hopewell, I read this last night, when I was supposed to be sleeping, and I was surfing instead. I did not even get the link from here, but I was following a rabbit trail that started here. I definitely laughed out loud and woke my dogs.

I work at a university, and thus work out in the university gym. I get seriously defrauded, 8 months of the year, in the weight room, but don't notice the shiney shorts with the logos, when the arms are beautiful.

I'm dyin' here. In a room full of engineers, so no possibility of my being defrauded. They all dress straight out of the JC Penny back-to-school catalog.

Hey, I wore one on my coat for years after 9/11. Is there a reason flag pins are undesirable?

It's not so much the pin itself. For me, it's because they most often seem to be worn by a particular type of politician and their supporters: rah-rah-America-is-#1!, conservative, pro-gun, anti-woman-everything, uber-Christian, holier-than-thou. Or the more moderate types who don't dare go against the notion that you must wear a flag pin or you're not a real American. That goes for pretty much every US politician out there, of course, at least when they're running for office.

I have no problem with random people wearing such a pin. It does make me sad that in my eyes, the Republicans have co-opted--I might even say perverted--the flag as "their" symbol. Just my opinion! I love my country, but I'm not blind to its faults.

Plus, I'm a stubborn person. If someone tries to force me to wear something, you can be sure I'm not gonna. Ask my mother what happened when she'd buy me ugly clothes as a kid. :lol: I would have never made a good, obedient Duggarling.

Hmm, now I'm curious. Jingerites from other countries--are flag pins ever worn by your politicians? Is it a must-have?

It's Gabriel, the "treat your wife like an infected foot, because otherwise you'd be treating her like a dirty toilet" guy!

:D

He also said Captain America's tight outfit was distracting but he wouldn't mind having a "friendly tussle" with him.

It's not so much the pin itself. For me, it's because they most often seem to be worn by a particular type of politician and their supporters: rah-rah-America-is-#1!, conservative, pro-gun, anti-woman-everything, uber-Christian, holier-than-thou. Or the more moderate types who don't dare go against the notion that you must wear a flag pin or you're not a real American. That goes for pretty much every US politician out there, of course, at least when they're running for office.

I have no problem with random people wearing such a pin. It does make me sad that in my eyes, the Republicans have co-opted--I might even say perverted--the flag as "their" symbol. Just my opinion! I love my country, but I'm not blind to its faults.

Plus, I'm a stubborn person. If someone tries to force me to wear something, you can be sure I'm not gonna. Ask my mother what happened when she'd buy me ugly clothes as a kid. :lol: I would have never made a good, obedient Duggarling.

Hmm, now I'm curious. Jingerites from other countries--are flag pins ever worn by your politicians? Is it a must-have?

Interesting one...the answer for Scottish Government Ministers in my experience is "kinda".

The ones I've encountered don't tend to wear a Saltire badge (this is the Saltire: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Scotland) but they wear one of two badges, the SNP badge which is their party badge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_National_Party

or the "Yes" badge which means voting Yes for Scotland to be an independent nation in our coming referendum.

I think wearing a Saltire badge would be a bit overkill, after all we are in Scotland, there's not a lack of Saltires ;) and really we are a small country so if you recognise a Minister you can go and have a chat with them (I've spoken to them in a variety of random locations). They don't need anything to prove who they are or that they like Scotland (they're Scottish Nationalists, so one would presume that they are fairly fond of the place).

The whole bit about cheap, scratchy, ill-fitting suits, worn with short-sleeved shirts, and hairy, naked wrists protruding from the jacket cuffs had me in stitches! Be cause oh man, that bit about a well-tailored suit being the male equivalent of lingerie is so, so true, and a cheap, ill-fitting suit is one of the biggest turn-offs ever. There are a lot of reasons why the Pissing Preacher would repel me no matter what he wore, but his crappy suits are like the noxious maraschino cherry on that shit sundae.

As for polo shirts, they need to be faded, slightly frayed, and worn by a guy who looks like he spends all his time on a sailboat. They should never, ever be tucked in. Especially not into pleated-front khakis.

But if a guy is in earnest about not wanting to defraud me, he needn't go to any great lengths. Huge, baggy gym shorts (especially in a shiny synthetic fabric, with the manufacturer's logo prominently displayed) flapping below his knees; an oversized t-shirt bearing another logo or crude, "funny" saying; squishy, oversized athletic shoes; and a ballcap with yet another logo on it will ensure that I keep my legs tightly crossed in a man's presence, no matter how hot he may be. I will never pop a ladyboner for a logo-ized American man-toddler, ever.

Vigorously clapping my hands.

Archived