IGNORED

Rebecca Eleventy had a birthday!

WonderingInWA

Rebecca Eleventy celebrated her 22nd birthday with some family friends and has posted a bunch of photos. They went to McDonalds and then went thrift shopping -- woot! That poor girl deserved a day at the spa.

At the end of the photo sequence, she posted a birthday cake her sister made for their niece's 2nd birthday. They are calling it a cupcake cake, and indeed there are cupcakes, but honestly, the last photo just looks like a big breast with a nipple on it. Way to go, Wilton cake-decorating courses!

Her family isn't very well off at all, so I'm not snarking on the low-key celebrations - though I was sad to see that she had to spend most of the day cleaning the house in preparation for the evening. I was pleasantly surprised to read that she got given a volleyball as a gift and that she enjoys playing (and is allowed to play) the sport, albeit just with family/friends.

If she enjoyed her birthday celebrations (and it seems like she did) and it was what her family could afford, then I don't think it's particularly snarkable.

I agree about the cake though. Way too much icing for my tastes, too.

ETA something I forgot to say. Also, riffle.

I would totally spend my birthday shopping at thrift stores, I love them.

Might the chap with the moustache be looking at Rebecca in a keenish way?

I was thinking that, myself. I don't remember him in photos of the Eleventy's celebrations.

It looks like she had a nice birthday and got some gifts from people who truly know her and what she likes.

Why did all of her candles go on the top left hand corner of her cake?? It was sort of wierd.

What is the name of her blog?

It's hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com.

I'd skip the volleyball, but sister time, thrift store shopping, and Apples to Apples? That sounds like my kind of birthday. I, too, noticed mustachioed Bobby looking at our Ms. Eleventy in a wholesome, non-defrauding, yet possibly precourtship sort of way.

Her family isn't very well off at all, so I'm not snarking on the low-key celebrations - though I was sad to see that she had to spend most of the day cleaning the house in preparation for the evening. I was pleasantly surprised to read that she got given a volleyball as a gift and that she enjoys playing (and is allowed to play) the sport, albeit just with family/friends.

If she enjoyed her birthday celebrations (and it seems like she did) and it was what her family could afford, then I don't think it's particularly snarkable.

I agree about the cake though. Way too much icing for my tastes, too.

ETA something I forgot to say. Also, riffle.

I also won't snark on the low key celebration. But it does like she enjoyed her birthday and she probably had more fun than a Maxwell has on their birthdays.

It's hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com.

I'd skip the volleyball, but sister time, thrift store shopping, and Apples to Apples? That sounds like my kind of birthday. I, too, noticed mustachioed Bobby looking at our Ms. Eleventy in a wholesome, non-defrauding, yet possibly precourtship sort of way.

Bobby has a nice smile. The mustache is special, though!

I'm glad she enjoyed her birthday, but I can't always help but wonder about her and her family's health. The dark circles under the eyes remind me of my niece who was constantly low in iron.

Rebecca writes like a child. My journal entries from when I was six or seven read almost exactly like this. Except that I added the occasional moment of introspection.

Friday was my 22nd birthday. Annah and I spent most of the day cleaning the

house for my party in the evening, Mom and Dad were still getting my presents.

We had one of my favorite foods: pizza! I was given a new volleyball for my

birthday, so when our company came, we played volleyball, one of my top

favorite sports.

We had the Burney family over to our home for the first time, and the Wilkersons

came too. We had barrels of fun! It was late at night though, so the Wilkersons

left before I opened my presents. I waited so long because we were all having

such a good time.

Bobby has a nice smile. The mustache is special, though!

It is a special mustache! Maybe he's going for some Ron Swanson-esque manly appeal.

I would totally spend my birthday shopping at thrift stores, I love them.

I have spent my birthday shopping at thrift stores. :?

I've requested Goodwill gift cards but nobody will buy them for me. And yes, the Goodwill does sell gift cards.

It is a special mustache! Maybe he's going for some Ron Swanson-esque manly appeal.

I was thinking John Waters myself.

I have no memory of my 22nd birthday, but I am going to assume that I had more fun, lol.

Seriously, I love thrift shops and Apples to Apples. I don't think I would ever spend my birthday doing either but it looked like she enjoyed herself. Happy Birthday Rebecca!!!!11!!!

This is exactly how she spent her birthday last year. I feel bad for her, a year older, dresses for her future daughters, and she's so stifled.

Rebecca writes like a child. My journal entries from when I was six or seven read almost exactly like this. Except that I added the occasional moment of introspection.

This.

The way she wrote about it, plus what she actually did, imo, sounded like a party for a much younger person. In any case, I'm glad she enjoyed herself, but it does seem sad and stifling to me considering she turned 22.

In the comments sections re bobby:

AnonymousMay 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Happy Birthday Rebecca, and may this year and all the years to come bring you so many blessings. (now are you going to tell us who that cute Bobby is?)

His Way ServicesMay 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Now, now, now. He's a Burney. Our families are new friends. If you want to pray about it, all right, but as for me, I've committed to keeping my heart for the man God has chosen for me to marry. Annah and I do interact with young men in big group settings, but we keep it on a casual level.

I know what you're thinking. The Lord knows what He has in store. We'll see what His will is.

Thank you for the birthday message. Rebecca

Ooh a courtship for Eleventy?!!? I hope so! Would hate her to be a SAHD into her 30s & 40s.

The modest presents made me realise how spoilt I am for my birthdays!!!

This is exactly how she spent her birthday last year. I feel bad for her, a year older, dresses for her future daughters, and she's so stifled.

I know! When this thread began earlier today, I thought "Didn't Rebecca just have a birthday involving McDonald's, thrifting, and family friends?" I can't believe that was a whole year ago.

If this kind of thing makes her feel happy and special, that's great. It does seem like she has a number of people in her life who care about her, and that's more important than having a lavish birthday bash.

Her reply to the inquiry about Bobby is kind of funny and shows that she's not as naive as she often seems.

I so hope Rebecca has a courtship on the horizon. Her need to be loved is obvious, and I think she'd be truly happy as a wife and mother to a decent man. Her current life seems so sad - not only is she extremely sheltered, but she doesn't have many of the distractions that many other SAHDs do that give then identity and self esteem, such as singing and performing. She also seems to have a very limited social circle.

Me, too. With my grandma and aunts, to boot. (Really, it was more about hanging out with my awesome grandma and aunts than about the clothing.)

I'm a little impressed that they played Apples to Apples. The Maxwells would never be able to do that. Just scanning the cards, there are ones for Ernest Hemingway, Geishas, Dolly Parton, Homer Simpson, Picasso, Stephen King, the Marx Brothers.... The Reversal kids wouldn't know who half these people are and Steve and Teri would consider having to explain the references a satanic incursion into their cult. Planting knowledge and curiosity about the outside world into their kids' minds and all.

I also won't snark on the low key celebration. But it does like she enjoyed her birthday and she probably had more fun than a Maxwell has on their birthdays.

I suspect she had more fun than all of the Maxwells had on all of their birthdays combined.

Archived