IGNORED

Bates with the Kendalls and Roberts (ATI AND VF)

lexiloumarie

pascolife.blogspot.com/

Because the fundy world is so small, the Roberts and the Kendalls of the S'Morton world partied with the Bates family. Check out the picture with the two Bates boys and two Roberts girls at the table. Courtship or "special friend" possibility?

Idk this family, but this is the first I've seen of the Big Sandy conference actually looking fun...

As for the Bates, obviously something is possible- Big Sandy seems to be one of the only opportunities for most of them to meet potential spouses so I would imagine the whole thing is one big speed dating party. Also, the Bares seem to be more worried than the Duggars and many other families about their children finding partners and not becoming SAH children forever.

That being said, the Bates seem to have opened up about their children having more interaction with people of the opposite "gender," so I doubt it's anything big. I wouldn't be surprised though if they announce a courtship in a few months that was sparked at the Big Sandy Conference.

They do sometimes. They're definitely more VF than ATI, at least that's how they appeared before. It just struck as odd to see Bates kids on their blog because I've never seen any of the ATI crowd connected to them before. They run more with Doug the Tool's brand of fundie.

Lot of opposite gender interaction going on in those pics, and not just of siblings. Interesting.

I guess the thing that strikes me the most about the photos is that they look like normal teenagers/young adults!

Who is this Willie guy? I find him to be quite defrauding; in the fundie-10years too young for me-anti-woman, sense of the word. But still, he could stir up some desires that I can un-righteously fulfill!

• 1 month later...

Looks like they are all hanging out again! New post on the Roberts blog. Daisy really seems to like Trace.

Check out the art + talent = trace picture.

Looks like they are all hanging out again! New post on the Roberts blog. Daisy really seems to like Trace.

Check out the art + talent = trace picture.

Wow, I guess they hit it off. I wonder if they'll be a Bates/Roberts(or Kendall) courtship.

Who is this Willie guy? I find him to be quite defrauding; in the fundie-10years too young for me-anti-woman, sense of the word. But still, he could stir up some desires that I can un-righteously fulfill!

I can't believe Willie Roberts and his brother Edgar aren't married or courting. For years most of us have predicted a Roberts/Sanders or Roberts/Morton courtship, but it hasn't happened.

I think a courtship is definitely possible, Hunter just got back from Alert and the rest are more than old enough.

Some guesses on future "special friends" based on who I see in the pictures :

Nathan Bates and Norma Roberts

Willie Roberts and Christiana Kendall

Trace Bates and Daisy Roberts

Either way, the families are obviously angling for it.

According to Kelly's postings on their blog, Michael(a) Bates is off with some of the J'Slaves this month on a SOS ministries trip to El Salvador & Honduras. I assume its the trip listed here: www.soshope.org/serve-overseas/ that started on the 8th.

Wish I could find out what it costs to go on these trips. The website is frustrating silent on the topic of costs.

It's so weird to see VF types hanging out with ATI types. I'm not sure why - they all hold abhorrent beliefs about religion, women, children, the role of government, education, I could go on - but maybe because of the Duggars and Bates, I've always seen ATI as more for "hillbilly" types with the big hair and the frumpers, and VF as a group that views itself as more intellectual (even though they're not, but it seems to be how they want to be seen) and Calvinist and like the upper class of some Victorian ideal while wearing more modern clothes. I'd always gotten the impression that people into VF would see themselves as superior to people into ATI.

Archived