IGNORED

Failure's at Kitchen Nightmare go all Fundy on their FB page

clarinetpower

My God, Amy is shades of my SIL! I didn't think it was possible for two to exist. Oh the memories it brought back of family gettogethers.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had no idea that maid work was so interesting. Too bad my former housekeepers aren't here. One of them had found three dead bodies over the course of her career. An elderly woman who'd died in her sleep, a woman who'd been strangled by her husband, and a man who OD'd - he still had the needle in his arm when she found him. Another woman heard calls for help and found a woman who'd gone into labor, almost had to deliver the baby!

I was a housekeeper for 3 years on and off while in college. I never found a dead body but I can confirm that as a job it is intensely fucking bizarre. People say and do things around you that they would NEVER do anywhere else, because to them, the maid is a non-entity whose job it is to clean up your mess without letting on that they are a human who actually has a brain. Around guests we were always discreet, but if you are leaving evidence of doing anything, er, indiscreet in your room, I can guarantee you that the housekeepers will talk about it amongst themselves.

I think the hotel I worked with was a bit more lenient than Flossie's. It was pretty small (92 rooms, plus an 11-room B&B owned by the same people that we were also responsible for on weekends) so there was no time limit on how long we could spend cleaning the rooms. However, dragging your feet to pad your hours was still grounds for firing.

Over the course of my "career" I did work with several male housekeepers, one of whom impregnated our head maid. Good times.

I also will always tip the maid now - $5 per day, going up if we've left any sort of mess that is at all out of the ordinary.

Amy and Samy are still providing the entertainment. After their massive social media meltdown they closed the restaurant and hired a PR company, which set up a news conference for them to explain themselves, and would be followed by a grand reopening. A portion of the proceeds from the opening would go to "a charity organized to bring awareness to cyber bullying." Requests for reservations to the reopening had to be emailed to their PR company, possibly so they could stack the deck and have only people that they could be sure would give a good review could attend the big event.

Then their PR company quit, stating differences in PR strategy.

They hired a completely new staff, the main requirement to work there was that the applicant hadn't seen the show. Then they cancelled the news conference, claiming that Amy felt that it would be too dangerous. There was a lame attempt to compare Amy to Gabby Giffords. Do the people of AZ really take their ravoli, pizza, and desserts so seriously?

Never fear, they now have a new PR firm:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/ ... ares-show/

“Amy and Samy have been in touch with a new PR firm who will help them sort through possible reality show opportunities,†the source said.

They've also decided to dump the original cyber-bullying organization and now say that 10% of the opening night profits will go to the Megan Meier Foundation.

You know TLC will be all over this, but they should hurry up and tape, because US Immigration has been trying for two years to deport Samy. Also, Samy is currently banned from Germany and (I think) France due to criminal activity.

ICE wants to deport him due to failure to disclose his past criminal history, which includes convictions for threats and extortion. Such a winner.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/consu ... ck_check=1

The Grand Reopening happened last night, and locals said it was poorly attended. Maybe whoever handed out the reservations failed to check to see that the people who wanted to attend actually lived in the area?

The whole mess is so schadenfreudelicious... :popcorn2:

Ahahahahahahahahaha! I just read about their PR firm quitting, and about Samy being possibly deported. They really are the gift that keeps on giving, these two.

Also encountered an article about journalists who were kicked out of the restaurant because they found fruit flies in THREE of their drinks. http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/blog ... s-out.html

Oh wow, they are also on Pinterest.

http://pinterest.com/amysbakingco/

The types of things she is pinning under different board titles again speaks volumes as their general level of awareness on the internetz.

The types of things she is pinning under different board titles again speaks volumes as their general level of awareness on the internetz.

A puppy and kitty, sleeping, with lyrics from Golden Slumbers appears in the "Food Design & Ideas" board. ... ... ...

A puppy and kitty, sleeping, with lyrics from Golden Slumbers appears in the "Food Design & Ideas" board. ... ... ...

Yikes! Pets are not food!

Oh dear...I kinda want to follow them, but I also know, after reading a few of her pins, that it will make me stabby. What to do...? :think:

If you are staying multiple nights, you can further endear yourself to the maid by asking for only fresh towels each day, they usually don't care if they get any tip at all if all they have to do is bring more towels. Tipping daily is usually the best way, because many motels switch the maids around each day. Nothing is worse than cleaning a room for five days and finding that the guest checks out the next day, when you're off and the weekend staff picks up a weeks worth of tips (believe me, when a maid gets a big tip, he/she isn't going to track down anyone else to share that bonanza!)

We try to tip daily, because of this very reason. Some people say just to tip at the end, but who knows how schedules are set up! And I do try to make the room rapidly cleanable, for the maid's sake and for my own because I have to be staying in that room, why have it trashed up while I'm there?

Oh yippee!!! They are now advertising on their facebook page for new waiters, kitchen staff, and (shudder), a personal Baking assistant to Amy.

They are doing a great job showing how they still don't understand social media or the internetz in general.

Oh yippee!!! They are now advertising on their facebook page for new waiters, kitchen staff, and (shudder), a personal Baking assistant to Amy.

They are doing a great job showing how they still don't understand social media or the internetz in general.

Baking assistant?! But she doesn't even bake the stuff herself! What is the 'assistant' going to do? Help buy all the desserts? Assist in re-packaging them?

The forums at TWOP are also covering this. Their thread is a bit more active, but the result is the same. Amy and Samy are the gift that keeps on giving, kind of like herpes.

I finally got around to watching the show. So much crazy in one place. Samy kind of terrifies me. Like I could see him playing a hit man on a crime show. Knowing what I know, watching her insist she made all those desserts was hilarious.

I finally got around to watching the show. So much crazy in one place. Samy kind of terrifies me. Like I could see him playing a hit man on a crime show. Knowing what I know, watching her insist she made all those desserts was hilarious.

I thought his whole, "You are no gangster...I'm the gangster" thing he said to Ramsay was hilarious. Chef Ramsay would have mopped the floor with that little putz.

Archived