IGNORED

Failure's at Kitchen Nightmare go all Fundy on their FB page

clarinetpower

Yes. They have cats that they refer to as their children. And...she meowed on the show. So, you know, that was weird.

I love my cats and consider them like my kids, but the way she talked about her cats still weirded me out. She's nutso! Although one thought I had was that I'm surprised she likes cats, seeing as they're not exactly known for wanting to please their owners. Although I guess they also don't criticize... :?

Her poor cats. I wonder how she treats them when they turn up their noses at their food. (And anyone who has cats knows they WILL occasionally turn up their noses at their food.) From what I saw on the show, the only pet she should have is a pet rock. No, I take that back...she'd probably throw it against the wall if it so much as shifted position.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. They have cats that they refer to as their children. And...she meowed on the show. So, you know, that was weird.

I love my cats and consider them like my kids, but the way she talked about her cats still weirded me out. She's nutso! Although one thought I had was that I'm surprised she likes cats, seeing as they're not exactly known for wanting to please their owners. Although I guess they also don't criticize... :?

When I lived in Nottingham, I had a mate called Lee who worked for Tesco. He told me about a woman in her late forties or thereabouts who came in and asked him for "food for her baby". He thought she looked a bit old to have a baby but was too polite to say anything, and just pointed her towards the baby food. Five minutes later, she was back, ranting "You idiot boy, I was asking for cat food!"

If I had a cat I admit I'd probably spoil it like a child - and frankly, if more people genuinely thought of their pets as children, we might hear less stories of animal cruelty and other shit. But if you're looking for cat food in a supermarket...you ask for cat food. Even if the assistant is as cat/dog mad as you, they may not know whether you are asking about a human baby or fur baby!

I watched the show online and didn't see any reference to the desserts being store-bought. I saw the part with the ravioli, but not the desserts. Are people just speculating about that, or did I not see the whole thing?

I have the show on DVR. At the beginning of the episode Ramsey compliments her on the case of beautiful desserts and Amy clearly states she made them all. It later comes out that she buys them from somewhere else, then Samy says that "well, you don't complain when Walmart resells stuff!" :roll:

I have the show on DVR. At the beginning of the episode Ramsey compliments her on the case of beautiful desserts and Amy clearly states she made them all. It later comes out that she buys them from somewhere else, then Samy says that "well, you don't complain when Walmart resells stuff!" :roll:

I remember him complimenting the dessert case, but I didn't see the other part. I guess I saw an edited version. Makes me wonder what other assholery I missed. I might have to track down the entire episode.

Happy athiest, and any others, I found that Hulu has the episode up already. Granted, it is hulu plus only right now but should open up for free viewing soon... (please!!!). I plan on watching it as soon as it becomes "free". Can't wait to see the train wreck. I know Ramsay has come close to leaving before but never saw him actually leave. this may be a first for me :)

These two are the most epic reality TV show characters since "God Warrior!"

god-warrior-75069810961.jpeg

Can I steal this for my avatar?

I saw that. The fact that they were bought explains why they were edible. These two are straight up crazy. I worry for their cats.

I remember him complimenting the dessert case, but I didn't see the other part. I guess I saw an edited version. Makes me wonder what other assholery I missed. I might have to track down the entire episode.

I think they only admitted to reselling baked goods on Facebook after the episode had aired. Someone noticed that a number of the cake photos ABC had posted were photos swiped from other baker's webpages. (I think, in fact, that one of the photos they had posted as their own came from Martha Stewart; if I'm remembering that correctly, that will not go well for them.)

I had to watch it on YouTube. And while she clearly states at the beginning that she made all of the desserts, I never saw that debunked on the show itself. Samy made some lame statement about that evening's gnocchi being frozen because Amy hadn't had time to make her usual house-made version. That's why Ramsay ordered the ravioli--Samy lied, telling him it was house-made, and eventually got caught in the lie. But the truth about the desserts never came out in the version I saw, and it's my understanding that it was revealed on Facebook when someone recognized them.

I would never have believed she made those desserts. Keeping those cases filled would be a full-time job in itself--where would she find time to do it? Plus, the kitchen at Amy's is not set up to make those kinds of cakes. I don't see where she'd have room. And if she can't bake a pizza crust to the proper doneness, how the hell could anyone believe she could make such perfect cakes? God, the lies are just so blatant and so crazy.

I also thought that it was a front business for money laundering of some kind. The restaurant business is cutthroat and if you piss off enough customers or engage in unsavory business practices, it's likely the restaurant will fold. These two have apparently sucked for years now and yet stay in business - something fishy is going on.

I also thought that it was a front business for money laundering of some kind. The restaurant business is cutthroat and if you piss off enough customers or engage in unsavory business practices, it's likely the restaurant will fold. These two have apparently sucked for years now and yet stay in business - something fishy is going on.

Which begs the question of why they went on TV. You'd think they'd want to keep a low profile.

This is some delicious wank. I love how out of touch they seemed on the show. And, before the show aired, they were even promoting it on their page! lol They can't be serious about running a business, which makes me think that it has to be a front for some sort of illicit activity.

I think they only admitted to reselling baked goods on Facebook after the episode had aired. Someone noticed that a number of the cake photos ABC had posted were photos swiped from other baker's webpages. (I think, in fact, that one of the photos they had posted as their own came from Martha Stewart; if I'm remembering that correctly, that will not go well for them.)

She said on facebook "I only lied to Gordon Ramsay because he is not American. He does not understand how it works." about the whole pastry thing.

Well, keep in mind that criminal minds aren't exactly the brightest; it's clear to me that neither Samy or Amy are the sharpest folks around. They're dumb and they're greedy and they don't know that because they're utterly lacking in some very basic self-awareness. Like most criminals (and remember, he's a self-described gangster and she's a convicted felon), they think they're the smart ones with a great plan. They don't understand or empathize with other people, so they project their own anger, underhandedness, vengefulness, and criminality onto people who just wanted their food cooked right and served in a timely, polite fashion.

Which begs the question of why they went on TV. You'd think they'd want to keep a low profile.

Amy said it herself: she fully expected Chef Ramsay to come in, see their attractive, immaculately clean restaurant, eat Amy's delicious, perfectly-prepared food, and announce that he could find nothing wrong with any of it. As far as she belived, the only thing that Amy's Baking Company needed in order to improve business and silence the "bloggers and haters" was for Gordon Ramsay to fully vindicate her on national TV.

And since neither Amy nor Samy have any prior restaurant experience, they don't see the red flags that proclaim, "This is a money-laundering operation!" waving. And even if they do, both have such inflated ideas of their own intelligence and superiority over other people (who don't even know what real food is supposed to taste like) that they assume no-one else can see those flags. What ends up getting people like Samy and Amy busted is the fact that yes, there are people smarter than them--something they never accounted for or anticipated.

I think it was her idea to go on the show. The flipside of her inability to take criticism at all is her relentless desire for acclaim and approval. Rather than silence her critics by fixing the problems with the food and service, she looks for the biggest authority she can find to tell her--and everyone else--that all criticism has been invalid, and that she really is a God-given genius.

This is amazing!

3Yh9YZOPWJ8

Damn it all, I just peed again!

Ohhh... their page just updated to say they are having a grand re-opening. The spelling and grammar of this new post makes me think they've hired a PR representative. Meow!!

facebook.com/amysbakingco

Ohhh... their page just updated to say they are having a grand re-opening. The spelling and grammar of this new post makes me think they've hired a PR representative. Meow!!

facebook.com/amysbakingco

They sure have. According to the blurb mentioning the reopening, if you want to make a reservation for the reopening, you book through someone at this link:

rosemoserallynpr.com - Definitely a PR company - wow, do they have their work cut out for them! Hope they are charging Amy and Samy a lot - they'd be hell as clients.

So really, the only question I have is this. Does she KNOW she's just a trophy wife whose real job is to pretend she is a chef so he can cook the books, or does she really and truly believe she has a "God-given talent" which allows her to shun someone she hired who actually went to culinary school and put out a dizzy array of poorly cooked food and repackaged stuff that she purchases elsewhere?

Since she went on the show and openly delcared the only help she needed from Gordon Ramsey was for him to declare there was nothing wrong with her food or her restaurant, I'm afraid the answer to that sad question is no.

I think he went on TV because he thinks he so smart that no one would catch it. She just thinks she's God's gift to cooking.

Also, I assume nobody in Crazy Cat Lady & Mr. Players hometown needs a TV or Netflix anymore, they probably just gather around the restaurant and watch the live show.

I wondered how they've stayed in business for so long, so the suggestion that people come in to watch the crazy made me wonder if that could be it. Then the money laundering idea was floated, so who knows?

I think it was her idea to go on the show. The flipside of her inability to take criticism at all is her relentless desire for acclaim and approval. Rather than silence her critics by fixing the problems with the food and service, she looks for the biggest authority she can find to tell her--and everyone else--that all criticism has been invalid, and that she really is a God-given genius.

I haven't seen the show yet, but the above description of Amy's behavior does lead to the possibility of a personality disorder. NPD is a good possibility.

Well, keep in mind that criminal minds aren't exactly the brightest; it's clear to me that neither Samy or Amy are the sharpest folks around. They're dumb and they're greedy and they don't know that because they're utterly lacking in some very basic self-awareness. Like most criminals (and remember, he's a self-described gangster and she's a convicted felon), they think they're the smart ones with a great plan. They don't understand or empathize with other people, so they project their own anger, underhandedness, vengefulness, and criminality onto people who just wanted their food cooked right and served in a timely, polite fashion.

Amy said it herself: she fully expected Chef Ramsay to come in, see their attractive, immaculately clean restaurant, eat Amy's delicious, perfectly-prepared food, and announce that he could find nothing wrong with any of it. As far as she belived, the only thing that Amy's Baking Company needed in order to improve business and silence the "bloggers and haters" was for Gordon Ramsay to fully vindicate her on national TV.

And since neither Amy nor Samy have any prior restaurant experience, they don't see the red flags that proclaim, "This is a money-laundering operation!" waving. And even if they do, both have such inflated ideas of their own intelligence and superiority over other people (who don't even know what real food is supposed to taste like) that they assume no-one else can see those flags. What ends up getting people like Samy and Amy busted is the fact that yes, there are people smarter than them--something they never accounted for or anticipated.

Wow, do you know my mother?

Archived