IGNORED

Stop the presses!!! Maxwell's washed windows!!

IReallyAmHopewell

Wow! What servant's hearts they have! They washed windows for the "wives"... :pink-shock:

If Teri wanted to bless a young mom so badly, she could have got them to do the toilets. Which were probably a hell of a lot dirtier than the windows. Seeing as how, you know, they get used multiple times a day, and people pee and crap in them. Wouldn't that have made a nice post?

Mom had it on her heart to bless Anna Marie, Melanie, and GiGi with toilet cleaning. She decided we girls could take an hour on Saturday mornings to tackle the project. The first Saturday, Anna Marie’s toilets got cleaned. The next Saturday, GiGi’s, and then last Saturday, Melanie’s. We were each equipped with cleaner, rags, and paper towels. With so many of us working, we flew through the job. What would have taken a young mommy hours to do, we accomplished in one hour. Our toilets will be up next, but they’ll wait until after our next trip.

Maybe this will give you some ideas on blessing another young mom. Clean toilets an awesome thing.

Rejoicing in clean toilets,

Sarah

eta: I love how Teri is pointing the washer fluid right at the baby.

Probably would have taken even less time if they hadn't stopped to take pictures every 10 seconds. Who takes that many pictures window washing?

Oh yeah. The Maxwells.

ETA: Also, is there really a need for aprons?

I need to work on my countenance. I know I've never looked that happy washing windows. :doh:

Of course, silly! Those show they "purpose" to do work. Also, Victorian women always wore them to protect their valuable clothing! :lol:

Probably would have taken even less time if they hadn't stopped to take pictures every 10 seconds. Who takes that many pictures window washing?

Oh yeah. The Maxwells.

I always wear an apron. But I'm a messy bugger when cleaning up.

On the one hand, it's so sweet that they go help out their family by cleaning. I'm not a fundie but when I loved near my sister I went to her house all the time to help clean, it just was a productive way of visiting and hanging out. On the other hand, what the hell does fellow shipping in The Lord Jesus mean? As my 4 yr old niece would say, " huh? now you're just saying words..."

She 'had it in her heart' to 'bless' them by ordering/asking them to wash windows? I know I've been away from FJ and the Maxwells too long when it took me a second to translate. Honestly, who the heck talks/thinks like that other than the Maxwells?

I swear if I had to live in that house I'd be going postal before the day was out.

This blog post just made me sad. The picture of Bethany, who is three-years-old at the most, washing windows is entitled "Happiness". It's so damn depressing, yet so Maxhell, that their definition of happiness for a toddler is cleaning windows. And let's not forget those dead bugs in the window sill, that Bethany was eager clean up. I'm sure that Stevus praised the Lord that these dead insects provided the perfect opportunity to ask little Bethany if she knew where she was going when she died. :angry-banghead: :roll: Stevus, you're an ass. Something to consider. :naughty:

Unless the US truly does become a real life Gilead, all these fundies are doing is creating the next wave of feminists. Unless they literally lock up their girls and allow them no access to the outside world, they're certain to find out that their way of life is far from the norm. Other women do NOT live to serve, to breed, to cook and to clean. It sure to unleash the curiosity their parents try so hard to suppress. In another generation or two, there's sure to be a rebellion.

I really do want to know just how ignorant of the world the Maxwell children are. Given that the lyrics of Row Row Row Your Boat were deemed to be of the devil and knowing Terified's penchant for textbooks, textbooks and nothing but textbooks (surely the most narrow ones they can find), do they even know about Shakespeare? Have they heard Mozart and Bach? Did they learn about any of the great discoveries in science and medicine and who made them (clue: it wasn't Jebus)? Do they know who Nelson Mandela is? Are they aware of events that changed the course of world history? Just how not "of the world" are they?

Is it just me or does Mary's smile seem especially forced in that picture of her and Abby? Might she just be the one to bolt from Maxhelland?

I think the Maxwells' blog is incredibly important- as a deterrent. Anyone contemplating fundiedom should be required to read it.

I need to work on my countenance. I know I've never looked that happy washing windows. :doh:

I know what you mean, I did my windows two weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure my countenance could have frozen Hell.

They had to take a picture of the bug to show that Melanie is not the best keeper of her home.

At least that is what I think.

" I really do want to know just how ignorant of the world the Maxwell children are. "

Me too. The vocabulary used on the blog is so limited and warped, is this how they talk IRL or is it just for blog-show? It's hard to tell without talking to them in person.

I think the weird way they write is probably because they dont read anything other than the Bible, but I can also imagine them speaking in a strange way because theyre so isolated

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!

Hope it does not get on the windows :lol:

Is it just me or does Mary's smile seem especially forced in that picture of her and Abby? Might she just be the one to bolt from Maxhelland?

Not once Daddy Steve reads this! She'll be under armed guard!

I would not have been a very gratefull young mom if they came to me. I would have felt their help as a judgement of my housekeeping. It's not like they did it as a surprise when the young moms were away, the young moms had to help. To me, it would feel like: your windows are a shame to our family, we are coming over right now and we are going to clean this windows. We will show you how it is to be done.

Probably wasn't their meaning, but when my FIL tells me he is coming to get the weed from my garden (without me ever mentioning it), it's a hint for me to start doing it myself.

When I say something about having to paint the garage doors, or having a giant pile of laundry, or can't find the time to clean the windows and then somebody offers to help, that's when I appreciate it.

That's what I thought too until the ladies from FJ paid a surprise visit to one of their conferences and told how Mary made that creepiest ever heart shaped hand sign and told them how much she loved her Daddy Dearest... I just_can't_get_over_it because it is SO damn creepy that words fail me :scared-shocked:

If Teri wanted to bless a young mom so badly, she could have got them to do the toilets. Which were probably a hell of a lot dirtier than the windows. Seeing as how, you know, they get used multiple times a day, and people pee and crap in them. Wouldn't that have made a nice post?

eta: I love how Teri is pointing the washer fluid right at the baby.

I just want to know, how many toilets do they have that it took however many of them an hour to clean them all and it would have taken a young mom "hours"? I'm a young mom but I'm pretty sure given an hour long naptime, I could get both toilets in my house nice and clean and have time to sit down with coffee and FJ...

Archived