IGNORED

Sarah Mally: preparing for the seasons of singleness

Drina Adams

Stopped by the Mally family blog today and noted that Sarah has been preparing herself for seasons of singleness, as captured by her photograph at a meeting. How can anyone take her 'advice' on meeting Prince Charming seriously? I'm younger than she is, non religious and married with a baby and another on the way. Where did it all go wrong for me?!

brothersandsisters.net/gracenotes/

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has been preparing to meet Prince Charming for a looooong time hasn't she?

Hmmm, maybe fundies need to think twice before naming their daughters Sarah. This whole "a woman's destiny is to be a wife and mother" thing doesn't seem to be working out very well for a few of them...

Stopped by the Mally family blog today and noted that Sarah has been preparing herself for seasons of singleness, as captured by her photograph at a meeting. How can anyone take her 'advice' on meeting Prince Charming seriously? I'm younger than she is, non religious and married with a baby and another on the way. Where did it all go wrong for me?!

brothersandsisters.net/gracenotes/

Her book How To Meet Prince Charming is pretty damned obnoxious. It basically tells young girls to not do ANYTHING to attract the opposite sex, just stay under dad's control and a perfect man will drop in your lap.

I'm sure that when you meet the three Mally siblings that they are all ultra sweet but if you read their writings they are really snotty people who have a superiority complex.

It is interesting that their brother hasn't married yet. He is a sports photographer and must have come in contact with plenty of religious women. The limits that have been placed on the sisters don't appear to be put on him.

Families like this always make me wonder what is going on beneath the surface

Note: You is meant in the general term and isn't addressed to Drina

Maybe if they actually went looking for themselves they wouldnt be single forever. Courtship doesnt work.

I get the feeling some of these girls will be single forever.

Maybe if they actually went looking for themselves they wouldnt be single forever. Courtship doesnt work.

I get the feeling some of these girls will be single forever.

Which, for the world, is a win, as it reduces the breeding stock and breeding output of these fundies. And, since they all say, over and over God chooses a single life for some people, they can't really complain too loudly about it, or they are questioning God. Who may well be trying to keep them from making more of themselves. perhaps she needs a cat--or three. :wink-kitty: :shifty-kitty: :wink-kitty:

Yeah, true, at least them waiting is stopping them from producing 19 kids each. If they are single til 25-30, they will have way less kids, maybe only about 2-4 before the baby factory closes down.

Just look at the potential number of Duggar daughter blessings that never got a chance to exist because their potential mothers are waiting for their princes to come. (At this point, they'll probably be as old as Prince Charles by the time they get around to their door.)

Jana - 3 or more. She's a fraternal twin herself, so possibly 4, even 5 lost blessings.

Jill - easily 2.

Jana - definitely at least 1.

Jinger - probably would have one on the way by now.

That's eight or nine potential third generation Gothardites who will never be. If these folks are truly serious about building armies for Jesus, they may need to consider mandatory arranged marriages at age 18.

Just look at the potential number of Duggar daughter blessings that never got a chance to exist because their potential mothers are waiting for their princes to come. (At this point, they'll probably be as old as Prince Charles by the time they get around to their door.)

Jana - 3 or more. She's a fraternal twin herself, so possibly 4, even 5 lost blessings.

Jill - easily 2.

That's eight or nine potential third generation Gothardites who will never be. If these folks are truly serious about building armies for Jesus, they may need to consider mandatory arranged marriages at age 18.

Arranged marriages wouldn't be so different from the current system, after all!

Age 34?? Sarah, your season of singleness has arrived and you are soaking in it.

Ugh. Just read her blog. I'd heard of her but never read her stuff.

How obnoxious, trying to engage people in "spiritual" talk at a St. Patrick's Day parade. Lady, just let us drink our green beer and get out of our faces.

Poor Sarah. I'm a year older than her, but I've been married for 12 years, have three kids, all of whom are now in school full time. Oh, and I'm an evil feminist atheist. Yet, I managed to attract (well, it was mutual attraction) and keep a great man. Huh. Go figure that one.

Ugh. Just read her blog. I'd heard of her but never read her stuff.

How obnoxious, trying to engage people in "spiritual" talk at a St. Patrick's Day parade. Lady, just let us drink our green beer and get out of our faces.

It is hard for a white Christian woman to feel like she is suffering for Jesus unless she does these annoying, pointless and attention getting things that surely result in at least occasional rebuff.

I think the list of homeschool presentations her family offered was the one that included "chalk talk and harp" as part of the presentation.

Who would go to these? Who would offer these? Who would want to marry a woman who, at 34, is crashing St. Patricks day parads with not quite kelly green trifolds?

Her book How To Meet Prince Charming is pretty damned obnoxious. It basically tells young girls to not do ANYTHING to attract the opposite sex, just stay under dad's control and a perfect man will drop in your lap.

I'm sure that when you meet the three Mally siblings that they are all ultra sweet but if you read their writings they are really snotty people who have a superiority complex.

It is interesting that their brother hasn't married yet. He is a sports photographer and must have come in contact with plenty of religious women. The limits that have been placed on the sisters don't appear to be put on him.

Families like this always make me wonder what is going on beneath the surface

Note: You is meant in the general term and isn't addressed to Drina

I haven't read Sarah's book, but after she appeared on 19kac I read reviews on Amazon. I remember one review said something similar about Sarah advising young girls not to do anything and something parents having complete control.

Jill - easily 2.

Just thought about myself and if I had a mandatory marriage as soon as I turned 18 and got pregnant right away I could have 3 children with a 4th on the way easily if we were fertile. I took 13 months in between each birth for assumed breastfeeding for about a year and a month or two to become pregnant on average.

But if took out breastfeeding and imagined I was one of those super fertile people who don't stop having cycles (apparently my mom never got the cycle break while breastfeeding, so it's possible I won't either), I could easily have 6 children, assuming none were multiples of course. I estimated about 12-13 months apart since it usually takes a couple months to get pregnant on average.

I could have an army of children by now! :pink-shock: Of course the fundies would hate my gang as they will surely worship humanism, the devil and evolution while attending a jail that will turn them into robotic factory workers and make them think brown people are just like white people and marrying someone of your gender is okay. In other words, my evil, heathen, devil children hellbound and out to corrupt their obedient, saintly, angel children. And to boot, mine would and will have a rock-loving, tattoed, atheist, and totally awesome mama though if I do say so. :character-beavisbutthead:

Jill - easily 2.

Yeah, maybe it's not the parents insisting on this.

I'm only 2 years older than her, and I'm currently pregnant with my fourth (and final) child. I had my first at 26, and I've got PCOS, but even with the fertility issues I could have had at least 2 or 3 more if I'd started earlier, and could probably manage to crank out another couple before I got too old.

I'm the same age as her. I've got 4 children. And I have lived! I cannot imagine having lived at home with my parents until now.

Oh FUCK, her dad is a streetcorner preacher in downtown Iowa City. I think he's one of the guys who hands a pamphlet to every single person waiting at the central bus location. If Sarah ever writes about a short Jewish girl who screams at him uncontrollably, you can be pretty sure that will be me.

tomorrowsforefathers.com/gracenotes/?p=10679

I'm the same age as her. I've got 4 children. And I have lived! I cannot imagine having lived at home with my parents until now.

By Sarah's age, I had four kids and lived six months in Korea.

Archived