IGNORED

Duggar Boys Room

Rita

New video clip featuring Jed Duggar:

duggarsblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/tour-duggar-boys-room.html

I watched it through 3 times, counting beds. Jed says there are 10 for the 8 boys, There are 8 + 1 futon + 1 trundle bed. And why do the boys get one each + 2 spares, while the girls double up? Hmmm? Oh, right, that designer gave them pretty white beds that don't stack and have huge head and foot boards. Well, the girls' mattresses are probably years younger than some of the boys - those are the bunks from their rental houses.

Why did I just waste valuable homework time on that?

The Duggars are too cheap to buy new beds for the girls... They had 3 less girls in the girls room when that furniture was bought for them. Those older girls deserve to have their own beds. Hell, they have no chance of passing a homestudy if they want to adopt with the girls room the way it is.

I watched it through 3 times, counting beds. Jed says there are 10 for the 8 boys, There are 8 + 1 futon + 1 trundle bed. And why do the boys get one each + 2 spares, while the girls double up? Hmmm? Oh, right, that designer gave them pretty white beds that don't stack and have huge head and foot boards. Well, the girls' mattresses are probably years younger than some of the boys - those are the bunks from their rental houses.

In the last episode, Joy was shown sleeping on the top bunk of a white frame bunk bed opposite another bunk bed. If you add those 4 beds to the five original beds for the older girls, it appears there are enough beds for all the girls. I think the little ones just sleep where they drop (fully clothed) and the older ones then sleep wherever.

In my experience it is not unusual for kids to fall asleep in odd places. My boys often climbed into each others beds. I have a beautiful photo of one of them, about 18 months old, asleep on top of a tallboy. (No idea how or why he got up there.) Foster kids were often found asleep in wardrobes or under desks, which I usually thought was a security thing.

What I don't understand about the Duggars is why the kids don't all have their own beds and why the adults don't put the kids into their own beds, even if they have fallen asleep elsewhere? My husband and I always did a lap of the house when the kids were little to check everyone was in bed and covered over before we went to bed ourselves. Doesn't anyone in the Duggar household care enough to do this?

If there are 10 beds for 8 boys, isn't a boy missing. Maybe John David made a successful escape.

the duggars strike me as the type of family that would just line the floor with a bunk of mattresses, letting the kids curl up wherever they fall and just make a little nest of blankets.

I guess they could do this with futon style mats. after all, they have done asia.

My kids used to fall asleep in my bed, or the tv room sometimes,but we always put them in their own beds before we went to sleep, too.(and occasionally put pj's on a sleeping kid,because they'll sleep better)

At about :07, is that a picture of teenage Jim Bob on the dresser? Why? Is it to mock his sons about how they have to share a room with 8 other people when he didn't have to do so at their age?

At about :07, is that a picture of teenage Jim Bob on the dresser? Why? Is it to mock his sons about how they have to share a room with 8 other people when he didn't have to do so at their age?

Big Brother is Watching You?

OMG, Jed's bed was actually made! And a couple of the others were, too! :shock:

I view myself as a masochist in situations like that. I would say welcome to the club, but that's probably not a good thing.

And I hope the homework time worked out okay. :wink-penguin:

Dresser Jim Bob is Watching You Masturbate?

If there are 10 beds for 8 boys, isn't a boy missing. Maybe John David made a successful escape.

Didn't it say something about it being for 8 brothers, so one would include Jed, and maybe still a bed from when Josh was there?

Didn't it say something about it being for 8 brothers, so one would include Jed, and maybe still a bed from when Josh was there?

Could be cause Jackson still sleeps in with the girls, he was shown crashed out on the floor in the girl's room in a recent episode.

Could be cause Jackson still sleeps in with the girls, he was shown crashed out on the floor in the girl's room in a recent episode.

Jed said it was Josh who'd moved out. Maybe my math is wrong. Anyone care to suffer through the video again to check?

Jed said it was Josh who'd moved out. Maybe my math is wrong. Anyone care to suffer through the video again to check?

Fiiiine. You all owe me.

Turns out, all Jed actually said was that there are ten beds, and all the boys who are home sleep in the room.

The 8 out of 9 or 10 was from commentary in the post itself, not the video. So maybe JD is gone?

This is what it says at the top of the clip:

"Jedidiah Duggar gives viewers a tour of the room that he shares with eight of his nine brothers (all but Josh):"

I don't see what is so confusing. He, Jedidiah ( 1 person and one bed ) shares the room with eight brothers ( eight people = 8 beds ). His ninth brother, Josh ( 1 person and 1 bed ) no longer lives at home. So there are 9 people and 10 beds. All the boys were born when they got the house so it makes sense that they had beds for all of them.

Archived