IGNORED

GOP Lawmaker Calls Women 'Vaginas' In Email

doggie

Not sure whats more shocking that he used the word vagina or that he knows the word vagina.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 ... 95135.html

What could possibly be missing from those factual tales of successful retreat in VT, Germany, and the bowels of Amsterdam? Why children and vagina's of course. While the tales relate the actions of a solitary male the outcome cannot relate to similar situations where children and women and mothers are the potential victims.

got to love the back stepping. how can it be misinterpreted??

Hansen initially did not back down. But on Tuesday, he claimed his comments were misinterpreted and he apologized "to those who took offense."

"Can there be any doubt my comment is being misinterpreted and taken completely out of context?" Hansen said in a statement. "It was not, and is not, my intention to demean women at any time. It is apparent that the intent of my remarks has been misinterpreted, the true goal of the message lost and for that I apologize to those who took offense."

Not sure whats more shocking that he used the word vagina or that he knows the word vagina.

Oh, he knows about vaginas, all right. Note that he did not say clitoris. He certainly has no idea what that is.

Gotta' love that he apologizes, not for his words or the attitude behind them, but that people were offended.

Peter Hansen is an idiot.

No, people aren't taking offense because because you used the word "vagina," it's because you reduced women to their genitalia. Vaginas have nothing - NOTHING - to do with standing your ground against an attacker. There is no "out of context" or "misinterpreted" here. You were crude and unprofessional. You were being unforgivably flippant at absolute best and intentionally inflammatory at worst. To try and make it the problem of the people you offended is intellectually dishonest. You said a shitty thing. Own your own damn words.

"I'm sorry you're all smart enough to understand what I was saying and be offended by it. I'll try to be more inscrutible in the future."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 ... 95135.html

What could possibly be missing from those factual tales of successful retreat in VT, Germany, and the bowels of Amsterdam? Why children and vagina's of course. While the tales relate the actions of a solitary male the outcome cannot relate to similar situations where children and women and mothers are the potential victims.

got to love the back stepping. how can it be misinterpreted??

Hansen initially did not back down. But on Tuesday, he claimed his comments were misinterpreted and he apologized "to those who took offense."

"Can there be any doubt my comment is being misinterpreted and taken completely out of context?" Hansen said in a statement. "It was not, and is not, my intention to demean women at any time. It is apparent that the intent of my remarks has been misinterpreted, the true goal of the message lost and for that I apologize to those who took offense."

My first thought was, well I call a lot of Republican politicians "dicks" so I guess I'm as guilty as he.

Except that the ass hole didn't even apologize at first. Here is the first response:

>

> From: Watrous, Rick

> Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 9:12 PM

> To: Hansen, Peter; ~All Representatives

> Subject: RE: HB 135 Speech

> Rep. Hansen,

>

> "Children and vagina's"??!! Are you really using "vaginas" as a crude catch-all for women? Really?

>

> Please think before you send out such offensive language on the legislative listserve.

>

> --Rep. Rick Watrous

>

On Apr 2, 2013, at 3:30 PM, "Hansen, Peter" wrote:

> Rep Watrous,

> Having a fairly well educated mind I do not need self appointed wardens to A: try to put words in my mouth for political gain and B: Turn a well founded strategy in communication into an insulting accusation, and finally if you find the noun vagina insulting or in some way offensive then perhaps a better exercise might be for you to re-examine your psyche.

>

> Rep. Peter T. Hansen

> Hills. District 22 Amherst

> ED&A Committee

This idiot is in my state. Luckily my father is also in the NH legislature and is his complete opposite.

Sooooooo this guy would be perfectly okay with being called a dick or penis because its okay to see someone as only their genitals?

Oh, he knows about vaginas, all right. Note that he did not say clitoris. He certainly has no idea what that is.

Gotta' love that he apologizes, not for his words or the attitude behind them, but that people were offended.

He may be a flaming fruit so he may not know. but the Typical GOP when your are caught out it was misinterpreted is bull How can you misunderstand this? and if so what did he really mean?? Notice he did not offer what he really meant.

He called women vaginas, there is no way to make that better.

well if he admitted he was a dick it would help. but of course that will never happen it is everyone else's fault for misunderstanding.

well if he admitted he was a dick it would help. but of course that will never happen it is everyone else's fault for misunderstanding.

It would help a little, but he would most likely still view women as vaginas and only be apologizing because he had to, not because he realized that his view of women is wrong.

It would help a little, but he would most likely still view women as vaginas and only be apologizing because he had to, not because he realized that his view of women is wrong.

Yep it would be a start but he did not even admit he said anything wrong. no hope for him. This is why woman have to be subservient so these assholes can get laid. who woman would want to have sex with them otherwise?

He may be a flaming fruit so he may not know. but the Typical GOP when your are caught out it was misinterpreted is bull How can you misunderstand this? and if so what did he really mean?? Notice he did not offer what he really meant.

Why did you say this?

He may know about the word "vagina" but he certainly doesn't have enough sense to know when to use an apostrophe correctly. Really, state rep. Hansen, "vagina's?"

Since he is such an asshole already, perhaps an appropriate punishment would be to assign him to a detailed study on the "bowels of Amsterdam" with which he seems so fascinated in his original screed.

He may know about the word "vagina" but he certainly doesn't have enough sense to know when to use an apostrophe correctly. Really, state rep. Hansen, "vagina's?"
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Since he is such an asshole already, perhaps an appropriate punishment would be to assign him to a detailed study on the "bowels of Amsterdam" with which he seems so fascinated in his original screed.

If, by the "bowels of Amsterdam," he means the red light district, then, ummmm...no. I have vacationed there--that is, a friend and I scored a five-day flight-and-hotel deal, with our lodgings situated right at the edge of the red light district. It was quaint and clean and historical and safe. The people were pleasant, and we visited places like the Van Gogh Museum and the Anne Frank House. And I enjoyed a legal joint of "White Widow" at a green-leaf coffeehouse. This dick doesn't deserve to go someplace so nice.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

If, by the "bowels of Amsterdam," he means the red light district, then, ummmm...no. I have vacationed there--that is, a friend and I scored a five-day flight-and-hotel deal, with our lodgings situated right at the edge of the red light district. It was quaint and clean and historical and safe. The people were pleasant, and we visited places like the Van Gogh Museum and the Anne Frank House. And I enjoyed a legal joint of "White Widow" at a green-leaf coffeehouse. This dick doesn't deserve to go someplace so nice.

Besides, we don't want the Netherlands declaring war on us.

Besides, we don't want the Netherlands declaring war on us.

I bet latraviata would speak up for us, though--for the non-horrible USAdians, that is.

Just to clarify, what I meant by the "bowels of Amsterdam" is gender-neutral and much grosser than red-light-district stuff. If you are eating or are squeamish, I will put this under a spoiler:

old-school Dutch toilets have a different design than north-american toilets. They have a shelf in the toilet basin designed for visual inspection of bowel movements so you can examine them to know what's going on with your gastrointestinal health. Mr. Hansen could avail himself of the possibilities of this Dutch design to truly become an expert upon their bowels. I mean, he should really know what he's writing about, right?

He's one of these people who simply can't NOT screw up. It's hard-wired in his DNA.

Is that what GOP stands for God ordained pricks?

As my father used to say about my father in law (who locked his entire family's wardrobe for my wedding in the trunk of a rental car and refused to crowbar it open so they all came to my wedding in sneakers)....he could fuck up a wet dream.

Just to clarify, what I meant by the "bowels of Amsterdam" is gender-neutral and much grosser than red-light-district stuff. If you are eating or are squeamish, I will put this under a spoiler:

old-school Dutch toilets have a different design than north-american toilets. They have a shelf in the toilet basin designed for visual inspection of bowel movements so you can examine them to know what's going on with your gastrointestinal health. Mr. Hansen could avail himself of the possibilities of this Dutch design to truly become an expert upon their bowels. I mean, he should really know what he's writing about, right?

Yikes! And...they have such bathroom fixtures in Germany, too--there was one in the apartment of the aunt I visited in Bremerhaven. (I had seen them mentioned in a novel once, but I thought it was something the author had invented or exaggerated.)

Is that what GOP stands for God ordained pricks?

Many thanks, Doggie. If your interpretation is not right, it should be.

Yikes! And...they have such bathroom fixtures in Germany, too--there was one in the apartment of the aunt I visited in Bremerhaven. (I had seen them mentioned in a novel once, but I thought it was something the author had invented or exaggerated.)

Nope. Fear of Flying, by Erica Jong. "German toilets are really the key to the horrors of the Third Reich. People who can build toilets like this are capable of anything"

and

"Germans have their shit to admire. Lacking this, the Italians make sculptures and paintings."

Archived