IGNORED

Campbells/Above Rubies in Mother Jones/Adoption (Merged)

nelliebelle1197

I think they will have to kick out some of the lesser evil people to fit in all the horrible Christians in hell.

Hell doesn't want them.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What HORRIBLE, DESPICABLE people the Campbell's are. Too bad that their followers won't see anything bad with what they did. I think the truth is coming out in regards to Lydia Schatz and Hanna Williams. There are no words!

This is selfish of me, bit all I can think is how my husband and I can't adopt internationally, because we are overweight, and I take anti depressants for a well controlled anxiety disorder. But apparently if we were Christians, we wouldn't even need running water.

This is selfish of me, bit all I can think is how my husband and I can't adopt internationally, because we are overweight, and I take anti depressants for a well controlled anxiety disorder. But apparently if we were Christians, we wouldn't even need running water.

I hear you, polabear. My infertile kids are Christians and they might be tempted to adopt through one of these agencies since the costs are more affordable, but I guarantee you they would give those children all the love and advantages they could. But as they are Catholic, doubtful the agencies would've given them a second look.

I made a wonderful friend recently, a Catholic Christian who adopted two infants from Russia, fully knowing they had neurological/RAD disorders. One later was diagnosed with autism, the other with severe learning disabilities. The children are doing extremely well and are secure, well-fed, well-educated, well-loved and -sheltered.

It isn't Christians as such who perpetuated this abuse - it's a subset of people who want to take over the world and use their religious identification to help their cause. I don't mean to rant, but I am doubly enraged when I read about folks like the Campbells and Allisons and their running-dog associates, first because they abuse and second because they do it in the name of the God I love and worship.

Rant is over, thank you all for your patience.

I would hope that, even if they find one that caters to Catholics, your children wouldn't do business with a shady adoption agency. Many of them are separating siblings, or adopting out children who have parents or extended family.

You can't adopt because you are OVERWEIGHT???

You can't adopt because you are OVERWEIGHT???

Yep. Many counties want a certain bmi. Usually At least under 40. At 4 ft 10 and 200 pounds I'm way over. Countries that don't have a cut off may just take a look at you in court and say that you aren't healthy enough. We were considering Ethiopia before all the ethical agencies stopped taking clients, and the one we contacted was very honest with us and our chances.

I followed the link to DA Ramsey's statement about the abuse of Lydia Schatz and her sister and was shocked. I live a county away from the Schatz and this news did not make the local media. Those poor girls was as tortured as Hana Williams.

I will always blame the Pearls for her death.

The thing that bothers me is that there could be hundreds of children being treated the same way behind closed doors.

wow...this makes me think of a couple I know who adopted two siblings from Liberia whose parents are still alve. They WERE Sovereign Grace church goers but not any longer...They are wonderful parents but now this makes me question their adoption....

Legally, if two parents are still alive, a child does not qualify for the US orphan visa. However, documents have been falsified for years by unethical agencies.

Also, you can adopt overweight. AFAIK only Korea and China have weight restrictions, and Chinese is fairly flexible when adopting special needs children. I'm not aware of any other program that has a weight restriction, but all have health screenings independent of weight.

"My infertile kids are Christians and they might be tempted to adopt through one of these agencies since the costs are more affordable, but I guarantee you they would give those children all the love and advantages they could."

I hope they resist the temptation. It doesn't matter how many advantages you give children if they are children that have been stolen from their own families.

Interview on "Fresh Air" today.

Coming Up: Kathryn Joyce explores the new Christian evangelical adoption movement in her new book The Child Catchers: Rescue, Trafficking and the New Gospel of Adoption, Tuesday on NPR's Fresh Air.

"My infertile kids are Christians and they might be tempted to adopt through one of these agencies since the costs are more affordable, but I guarantee you they would give those children all the love and advantages they could."

I hope they resist the temptation. It doesn't matter how many advantages you give children if they are children that have been stolen from their own families.

Exactly. Cost shouldn't be a factor when it comes to using a reputable agency. I know it can be extremely expensive but there is not a price on the safety of children. Are they unable to adopt domestically?

Interesting. I look forward to Kathryn Joyce's new book on this topic. Her Quiverfull book was excellent.

Fresh Air is going to be interviewing her on it.

Probably not when I can listen to it, but I"m planning on hunting down the podcast.

My best friend's fundie-lite sister adopted from Haiti. It's a trend in her Knoxville mega- church. I have known Sara for 25 years and am positive she and her husband adopted for this child and because they in love with this child on a mission trip. But I am also positive this church has plenty of child collectors in the Haitian adoption group.

Sara's daughter does have living parents; I am not sure how they managed to get her over here though, based on some comments above.

Exactly. Cost shouldn't be a factor when it comes to using a reputable agency. I know it can be extremely expensive but there is not a price on the safety of children. Are they unable to adopt domestically?

Thanks to all who responded; good points. They're not tempted, as they've decided, at this time, to live their lives fully as they are, a couple without children. They are very savvy and thorough and they would not take a child from loving families who did not want to give up that child. Cost is a factor when they simply can't afford it.

Where they are now is what's right for them now. Truly, they're letting God/the universe/whatever they're calling it this week determine their family size. :clap: I'm proud of 'em.

Edited to state things as simply as possible. 8-)

We have such shitty loose oversight of adoption agencies that it takes more work to ensure you're using an ethical agency than to find a shady one. It's ridiculous.

Fresh Air is going to be interviewing her on it.

Probably not when I can listen to it, but I"m planning on hunting down the podcast.

I listened to the beginning of this in the car at lunch and was just coming over here to comment on it. Some of the stories she tells are really horrible, with mothers being pressured to offer their kids for adoptions and poor people being paid for their children. Apparently it got so bad in Guatamala that 1% of their children were being sent to the US and they had to shut down the adoption factory to protect their citizens.

These people really disgust me. Even their biological children are nothing but commodities. The adopted ones even more so.

bg2rus.jpg

I just got Kathryn Joyce's book on my Kindle. I'm sure it will be an engrossing and horrifying read.

The whole thing disgusts me. Those poor kids

This made me see red.

"Pearl worried on his website that some of his followers' Liberian children were "well-versed in all the dark arts of eroticism and ghastly perversion"

:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Fuck you, Pearl, fuck you

My motto on interracial adoption is that you should at least be able to picture yourself married to an adult of the same ethnicity of the child you are planning to adopt. If that's an impossibility, it's totally unfair to adopt that child. I've told that to a few people planning to adopt and I've always met with hostility, as in "Oh, I could never marry xyz." Guess I'd best keep my mouth shut.

LOL, DH was the only white boy I was ever attracted to, and even then I think it was his strong Cherokee features.

The NPR program is on later here I'm waiting to listen to it still.

It breaks my heart that those children have reconciled with the Campbells, becuase they have nothing else and their siblings were held hostage in the compound. The only way you can reconcile with those people is to admit you are evil for being black and beg them to forgive you for it. :disgust:

Archived