IGNORED

Kate Gosselin. Bullies.

OkToBeTakei

I dont like the way she is engaging the so called bullies. The people that are suppose to be helping stop it have publicized personal data about a nonfan who never posted anything on Kates twitter page or harassed her in any way. They even posted the email of her underage daughter. They are also threating to call peoples place of employment and try to get them fired. I think thats bullying and intimidation. They are also spreading rumors about other supposed bullies. You cant fight bullying with fear, bullying, and intimidation. :penguin-no: :cussing:

The best way to deal with this would have been for Kate to distance herself from twitter. She could still use it as a tool for self promotion for things like her cook book (which is not doing well in prerelease sales). Dont use it for anything else. The haters will slowly loose interest and the fans would learn about all the ways they can leg hump Kate by buying her books and watching her on TV shows.

Totally agree.

I find the whole thing really strange and would question also the 'outing' of supposed bullies. I wonder where it will end. The internet spawns some very strange behaviour for sure. The anonymity aspect has always protected relatively innocent parties, gamers, forums etc. But also the seedier aspects such as paedophilia.

How far this goes interests me for that reason.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is unrelated, a poetical question, I'm just contemplating... if she's so much of a no people person.. why the kids? After the twins, why go for more? Kids are work, kids are noise, all that stuff that will stop your world from revolving around you. If you don't want to have kids at home. Don't have any. Don't. Have. Any. It's much more decent than mistreating them horribly - not offering water when kid is thisty?! - and complaining about your difficult life. I don't want a kid of my own, but at work, I'd take a bullet for any of them, gladly, to spare any of them.

I've read in a couple of places that Kate had a fascination with the multiples that blew up in the news in the 90's (name starts with an M, but I can't remember it). While on fertility meds she had sex with John against doctor's orders when her ovaries were hyper stimulated, and started looking for freebies and pr when the pregnancy was still pretty early. She was quoted in their local newspaper saying that society had found a way to give them the babies and that society had an obligation to take care of the babies. She said she was misquoted, but it just sounds like something that she could have said. To me it seems she saw the babies as a way of having a free ride and wanted the attention that comes along with high number multiples. I could be wrong, but I have a bad feeling that I'm not. It just blows my mind if that's true because she would have to be incredibly shortsighted to not realize that the attention could be fleeting and that she would have these children in her care for a long time. So to me it wouldn't make sense, but then again I don't think I have NPD like Kate seems to. For a while it seemed that her gamble paid off with the show and all the perks that came with it. Now there is one heck of a backlash.

I've always though Maddy and Cara were very smart and well spoken (and I bet maddy is counting the seconds until she can turn 18 and move out while writing a tell all book about her mom) the sextuplets, at least a few of them had speech delays but they are getting a decent education at a real school so that helps.

as for why kate had kids, she said she wanted to have kids with john as soon as they were married. I think she had/has polycystic ovary syndrome which can hurt fertility so she used ivf to conceive. I think she got obsessed with having kids out of fear she wouldn't be able to, not out of an earnest desire for children.

Kate was obsessed with multiple births even in high school. Her mother has been quoted as saying that Kate got a copy of a book about an American family raising sextuplets and she used to carry it everywhere. I think the family was the Dilley family and the book was 'Special Delivery: How We Are Raising America's Only Sextuplets...and Loving It"

Kate also seemed to be obsessed with marrying into money. There are stories about how she would get a boyfriend and continually 'upgrade' to another boyfriend when she found one who was from a wealthier family. After high school, she got a two year degree in nursing. Some of the other nurses she worked with said she was a horrible nurse and that she complained constantly about having to deal with sick people. She was said to have spent most of her time hitting on doctors. When that failed, she met Jon, who was the son of a dentist and zeroed in on him. He had a girlfriend at the time and she was heard crowing about stealing Jon from the other girl. When she was sure of Jon, she unceremoniously dumped the guy she had been dating and pressed for marriage with Jon. None of this is verifiable, it's just that a lot of people have given interviews and the stories all seem to match.

Soon after they were married, Kate went to a doctor and told him she had POS, which in some cases causes a decreased chance of fertility and sometimes can render the woman completely infertile. I have the same condition, so I've researched it and had many discussions with my doctor about it, so I know a bit about it. It seems that the doctor Kate went to accepted her diagnosis because she was a nurse and prescribed fertility drugs. She became pregnant with twin girls right away.

Within a couple of years of having her twins, Kate wanted to "Just have one more", but her first doctor wouldn't take her on again as a patient. It's speculated that he realized that she had never been officially diagnosed with POS and didn't want to be involved with her anymore. Because of doctor/patient confidentiality this cannot be verified.

Kate got another doctor and again got fertility drugs. At this point things get really speculative. When taking fertility drugs the patient comes in at their ovulation point and an ultrasound can count the number of eggs that are being released. When only one or none eggs were noted on the ultrasound, the doctor increased the dosage of her fertility drug. Maybe this happened for two or three months, no one knows. But then one month, the ultrasound showed that there were a lot of eggs being released, and the doctor told Kate not to have sex because of the possibility of an extremely high-risk multiple pregnancy. Kate went home and had sex and got seven embryos to implant. She lost one of the embryos early on, but the rest held in there and she got sextuplets.

Even before the babies were born, Kate and Jon were pimping them out. Jon lost the job he had because he was trolling the internet asking for gifts because of the multiple pregnancy instead of working. The Wayback Machine proves it. Although Kate insists that Jon was fired because his employer didn't want to insure such a large family, the case went to litigation and the employer won because he had proof of what Jon was doing.

After the kids were born, but while they were still in the hospital, her father's church did some remodeling on her home, adding another bedroom to prepare for the new babies. Kate's twins were living with her parents at that time. Some redecorating was also done by a TV show. When Kate came home to see the changes, she was taped as being not only underwhelmed, but pretty dismissive of the help she had been given. (TBH, some of the redecorating was pretty bad... But still, it's free and no one's working in your family, so suck it up!) The family was also gifted with a van that would hold all of their kids, but Kate didn't like the color and traded it in. She also got upset that the cribs and car seats that were donated didn't match.

Once the babies came home, there was a stream of volunteers that helped out around the clock. Jon was gifted with a job with the state, so he was gone for about nine or ten hours a day. However, before he left for work he would bring her a cup of coffee and put it on the bedside table. Jon was gone and strangers were taking care of the kids and Kate slept in. When she finally got up, she would berate the volunteers for not performing to her standards. She 'fired' one woman for washing her hands in the kitchen sink instead of using to the bathroom sink. Eventually she was out of volunteers except for an elderly woman who did the laundry and a state-paid nurse.

When the nurse was assigned to another job, Kate petitioned the state to get her back, claiming that since medical science was responsible for her having all these kids, somehow that translated into society at large was responsible for helping her care for them. She lost her case.

All the time Jon and Kate were flooding TLC and other channels with offers to film a reality show. Eventually TLC bit and the 'Jon & Kate + 8' show was born. From there on out it's all available for anyone to see.

I remember watching a special about Jon & Kate a few years back. I didn't catch all of it, only maybe half an hour, and I don't even remember what channel it was on. Was there ever an E! Hollywood True Life Story done about them, because it was something along those lines, with older photos and home video shown during narration and interviews. The part I watched talked about when they first met and how "the instant she saw him she knew she wanted to be with him" (where did all the puking smilies go? I can't find one right now). There was also some home video of the two of them with the twins and Jon commentary about how it was great, one for each of them, and then Kate saying she wanted to try for "just one more." I had assumed that she was using some sort of fertility treatment because she legitimately did have fertility issues and assumed that the twins had been born via fertility drugs, too. I don't recall if the special mentioned it, or I just assumed it. That was about all I caught of the show.

That aint even the half of it.

eta if I wasn't in the middle of cooking Easter supper, I could write oodles about that evil succubus.

Oh God....

Kate was obsessed with multiple births even in high school. Her mother has been quoted as saying that Kate got a copy of a book about an American family raising sextuplets and she used to carry it everywhere. I think the family was the Dilley family and the book was 'Special Delivery: How We Are Raising America's Only Sextuplets...and Loving It"

Kate also seemed to be obsessed with marrying into money. There are stories about how she would get a boyfriend and continually 'upgrade' to another boyfriend when she found one who was from a wealthier family. After high school, she got a two year degree in nursing. Some of the other nurses she worked with said she was a horrible nurse and that she complained constantly about having to deal with sick people. She was said to have spent most of her time hitting on doctors. When that failed, she met Jon, who was the son of a dentist and zeroed in on him. He had a girlfriend at the time and she was heard crowing about stealing Jon from the other girl. When she was sure of Jon, she unceremoniously dumped the guy she had been dating and pressed for marriage with Jon. None of this is verifiable, it's just that a lot of people have given interviews and the stories all seem to match.

Soon after they were married, Kate went to a doctor and told him she had POS, which in some cases causes a decreased chance of fertility and sometimes can render the woman completely infertile. I have the same condition, so I've researched it and had many discussions with my doctor about it, so I know a bit about it. It seems that the doctor Kate went to accepted her diagnosis because she was a nurse and prescribed fertility drugs. She became pregnant with twin girls right away.

Within a couple of years of having her twins, Kate wanted to "Just have one more", but her first doctor wouldn't take her on again as a patient. It's speculated that he realized that she had never been officially diagnosed with POS and didn't want to be involved with her anymore. Because of doctor/patient confidentiality this cannot be verified.

Kate got another doctor and again got fertility drugs. At this point things get really speculative. When taking fertility drugs the patient comes in at their ovulation point and an ultrasound can count the number of eggs that are being released. When only one or none eggs were noted on the ultrasound, the doctor increased the dosage of her fertility drug. Maybe this happened for two or three months, no one knows. But then one month, the ultrasound showed that there were a lot of eggs being released, and the doctor told Kate not to have sex because of the possibility of an extremely high-risk multiple pregnancy. Kate went home and had sex and got seven embryos to implant. She lost one of the embryos early on, but the rest held in there and she got sextuplets.

Even before the babies were born, Kate and Jon were pimping them out. Jon lost the job he had because he was trolling the internet asking for gifts because of the multiple pregnancy instead of working. The Wayback Machine proves it. Although Kate insists that Jon was fired because his employer didn't want to insure such a large family, the case went to litigation and the employer won because he had proof of what Jon was doing.

After the kids were born, but while they were still in the hospital, her father's church did some remodeling on her home, adding another bedroom to prepare for the new babies. Kate's twins were living with her parents at that time. Some redecorating was also done by a TV show. When Kate came home to see the changes, she was taped as being not only underwhelmed, but pretty dismissive of the help she had been given. (TBH, some of the redecorating was pretty bad... But still, it's free and no one's working in your family, so suck it up!) The family was also gifted with a van that would hold all of their kids, but Kate didn't like the color and traded it in. She also got upset that the cribs and car seats that were donated didn't match.

Once the babies came home, there was a stream of volunteers that helped out around the clock. Jon was gifted with a job with the state, so he was gone for about nine or ten hours a day. However, before he left for work he would bring her a cup of coffee and put it on the bedside table. Jon was gone and strangers were taking care of the kids and Kate slept in. When she finally got up, she would berate the volunteers for not performing to her standards. She 'fired' one woman for washing her hands in the kitchen sink instead of using to the bathroom sink. Eventually she was out of volunteers except for an elderly woman who did the laundry and a state-paid nurse.

When the nurse was assigned to another job, Kate petitioned the state to get her back, claiming that since medical science was responsible for her having all these kids, somehow that translated into society at large was responsible for helping her care for them. She lost her case.

All the time Jon and Kate were flooding TLC and other channels with offers to film a reality show. Eventually TLC bit and the 'Jon & Kate + 8' show was born. From there on out it's all available for anyone to see.

Woah! Thanks for this! And given Kate's personality on the show (grouchy, rude, abrasive, demanding, etc.) I am not surprised. Poor kids.

At least they are getting a good education and are allowed having friends whose parents can show them what nice people are like. However, I re-watched wife swap and found the twins kind of rude... Maddy and Cara, guaranteed, are going to become popular bitch types in middle and high school if they aren't already. I read some articles about two of the sextuplets being expelled from school for being mean, picking on the other students, and having absolutely no concern for others. The articles claim that all the kids are mean and have "behavioural problems" which seems to be bullying.

Someone should report her kids to bullyville, although you can't blame them with Kate as their example.

Soon after they were married, Kate went to a doctor and told him she had POS...It seems that the doctor Kate went to accepted her diagnosis because she was a nurse and prescribed fertility drugs. She became pregnant with twin girls right away... It's speculated that he realized that she had never been officially diagnosed with POS and didn't want to be involved with her anymore. Because of doctor/patient confidentiality this cannot be verified.

I can't imagine a doctor wouldn't verify this on his/her own, if for no other reasons than 1) for malpractice reasons, and 2) to rule out any other obvious underlying reasons.

Once the babies came home, there was a stream of volunteers that helped out around the clock. Jon was gifted with a job with the state, so he was gone for about nine or ten hours a day. However, before he left for work he would bring her a cup of coffee and put it on the bedside table.

If you watch one of those first shows carefully, when Jon is preparing Kate's coffee, there are written directions taped to a wall/cabinet behind Jon that specify how much to make Kate's coffee. This would have more likely been for different volunteers than for Jon. It wouldn't take him long to remember how Kate likes her coffee.

Imagine volunteering to help out the family by taking care of babies, and finding out one of your jobs is to bring Kate her coffee.

Was Khate having an affair with her married "bodyguard". There has been much speculation at the end of her show. I also wonder if she kept that cute little very expensive she bought herself just before tlc fired her.

"Imagine volunteering to help out the family by taking care of babies, and finding out one of your jobs is to bring Kate her coffee."

'Nuff said

Was Khate having an affair with her married "bodyguard". There has been much speculation at the end of her show. I also wonder if she kept that cute little very expensive she bought herself just before tlc fired her.

I read that Jon thought she was. He told her brother that she wasn't having sex with him and was getting it somewhere. Kate having sex. That's a mental picture that even brain bleach won't get rid of. I need a hug :confusion-helpsign:

"Imagine volunteering to help out the family by taking care of babies, and finding out one of your jobs is to bring Kate her coffee."

'Nuff said

I still can't believe how on Celebrity Wife Swap they made her out to be so self-sufficient and this superhero mom who does everything without any help. What a lie.

Speaking of which - I know there had been a thread about the Kate vs Kendra swap that I had noticed but missed and only watched the episode later, does anyone have a link to it?

• 2 weeks later...

I just read on Radaronline that Kate is sung Jon and Robert Hoffman about the book Hoffman wrote, so I thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone has heard anything else. She's supposedly been gathering evidence for months, and it doesn't look good for Jon. Man, even I believe he helped that guy write that book, and I can't stand her....I want to read it soooo bad. What exactly is she trying to get from Jon? The guy seems to have no money, so I'm guessing she just wants him to be held accountable.

I just read on Radaronline that Kate is sung Jon and Robert Hoffman about the book Hoffman wrote, so I thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone has heard anything else. She's supposedly been gathering evidence for months, and it doesn't look good for Jon. Man, even I believe he helped that guy write that book, and I can't stand her....I want to read it soooo bad. What exactly is she trying to get from Jon? The guy seems to have no money, so I'm guessing she just wants him to be held accountable.

Press. Khate wants to be in the news, etc. however she can. She doesn't care who she has to stab along the way....

Watch the RV trip episode someone mentioned earlier in the thread.It's on youtube-entitled either RV trip or "pizza fight"(3parts)-after a fight w/ her nanny&her BFF, she accuses Steve the "bodyguard" of "scoffing at her", and states that she has video footage.Steve just hangs his head&says "whatevah", just like Jon used to(except with a darling english accent).Kate gets pissed& claims"O-it's over.This is SO over"......pretty telling,IMO.

I swing back and forth with Kate.... I used to love her then I hated her and now I'm not sure. I'd never heard everything Flossie said about how she was obsessed with multiples and how she may have purposefully worked to get multiples. I've always thought of her as a mom who tried her best to provide for her children but didn't always make the best choices. Her discipline and extremely harsh rules aren't something I'd subscribe to and I don't think putting your kids on TV is right but she does seem to want the best for her children. I also think she doesn't have the proper personality to deal with large amounts of stress and having that many children in her care has really damaged her. People react differently to those types of situations and she somehow still hasn't developed the tools to handle her life.

At this point I wouldn't say I hate her but I don't really like her either.

Why isn't Bullyville attacking khate for bullying her kids and Jon?

I guess it's ok if you don't do it on the webz. :think:

Why isn't Bullyville attacking khate for bullying her kids and Jon?

Good question. Bullyville loses all credibility by backing a woman that has a long history of mistreating just about everyone she has come in contact with, including her own flesh and blood. Before Kate starts pointing fingers, she needs to take a good long look at why the cheese, a.k.a Kate, stands alone.

This whole new situation reads as a desperate attempt on Kate's part to gather up some sympathy and revamp her image. It will not happen. This woman sucks.

I truly feel sorry for her children. They have hours and hours of documented proof of their mother and her horrible behavior.

I've never seen any of the episodes of the TLC show, but I did see the Wife Swap episode recently and I really thought Kate wasn't SO bad. Strict and controlling, yes, but the kids seemed mostly okay.

I had no idea about any of this other stuff. My mouth is just hanging open. DRAGGED HER CHILD BY THE HAIR? What the actual fuck? And this was on television?

There are so many examples of poor parenting shown by TLC with this family, but to me, among the saddest are the episodes with the three boys using their porta potties on Uncle Kevin's front lawn (they were probably about two), and the time Kate insisted that all the children use the rope to walk to their spots for a Fourth of July parade instead of using the strollers like Jon wanted. Kate, IMO, is definitely a narcissist and the majority of those kids don't have a chance.

Press. Khate wants to be in the news, etc. however she can. She doesn't care who she has to stab along the way....

Bingo. I think you nailed it. I couldn't see the forest for the trees. I need new glasses :geek:

Archived