IGNORED

Kate Gosselin. Bullies.

OkToBeTakei

Get ready to stand in line foodies cause the Khate is releasing a cookbook called Love is in the Mix. Wonder if she'll include suggested 2 tablespoon serving suggestions for kids? Why won't she go away?

Didn't the book get released in other countries around the world, but not the US and Canada? Hmm... I tried googling the book, but am only getting "the kids and I are so excited to be releasing MY book", but I remember on another website I read that discussed the Gosselin family that the book was released outside North America in around 2009 or so.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the original Love Is in the Mix was dumped overseas. The thought was either the mentions of Jon were off base after the divorce, she plagiarized the recipes too blatantly, or a combination. This one looks to be maybe one step from self-publication.

Khate is the ultimate bully. She is mean and is a liar. She deserves what she gets.

Never seen the show and too busy to start watching. Can someone care to fill me in as to exactly why people hate late so much? She seemed like a really competent, hands-on mother on wife swap, which is refreshing among celebs.

Narcissistic witch of a control freak is what she is. She has cut off all her family, separated her husband from his family while they were married (except for his father who gave them money), is a royal bitch almost all the time, and has abused the kids. She managed to tone herself down very well for the Wife Swap, but if you listened to the kids and Kendra you could see how regimented a life she makes the kids lead. She has pitched screaming fits in public, thrown things in fits of temper, and hits the kids.

Narcissistic witch of a control freak is what she is. She has cut off all her family, separated her husband from his family while they were married (except for his father who gave them money), is a royal bitch almost all the time, and has abused the kids. She managed to tone herself down very well for the Wife Swap, but if you listened to the kids and Kendra you could see how regimented a life she makes the kids lead. She has pitched screaming fits in public, thrown things in fits of temper, and hits the kids.

Any notable episodes I should watch?

Pretty much every episode with Jon (So the original Jon and Kate plus 8) has Kate screaming at someone. The episode where they take Mady on her own "day" ends with Kate screaming at Jodi (the ONE family member she still talked to at the time) because, while watching 7 of Kate's kids plus her own 4, the kids got gum. Joel had some on his sock and Collin got some on his stuffed animal. She was abusive to Collin as well, threatening to take away his bear. I believe she told him to "say goodbye" to it. Mady finally calmed her down. They are all streaming on Netflix, sans the Disney episode, which Disney requested pulled. (She yells at Leah in that one, for spilling ice cream on her shirt. Said she was "ruined." Because, you know, ice cream doesn't wash out.

I told my fiance that Kate has a cookbook out. He asked if Kate just asked her chef for her recipes. :lol:

How about the one where she makes the one little boy sleep on the laundry room floor because he was sick and vomiting. After her husband came home he picked up the little guy and took him back to bed.

If you want to see her thrown under the bus by TLC, look at the final few episodes of Kate plus 8 when they go on a road trip. Or you could just watch any old episode starting from season two to see how the greedy-arrogant-entitled-manipulative-psycho-bitchy thing should be done. I really wish I was kidding. She's just horrible in pretty much every single way. Anyone who sadistically threatens to throw away a child's favorite toy for spite or drags a child by their hair is just evil in my book. I don't have the right words to describe just how horrible she really is. Dammit, I knew some people were going to be fooled by her appearance on Celeb Wife Swap. Curse that pr rehab stunt. :angry-cussingblack:

If you want to see her thrown under the bus by TLC, look at the final few episodes of Kate plus 8 when they go on a road trip. Or you could just watch any old episode starting from season two to see how the greedy-arrogant-entitled-manipulative-psycho-bitchy thing should be done. I really wish I was kidding. She's just horrible in pretty much every single way. Anyone who sadistically threatens to throw away a child's favorite toy for spite or drags a child by their hair is just evil in my book. I don't have the right words to describe just how horrible she really is. Dammit, I knew some people were going to be fooled by her appearance on Celeb Wife Swap. Curse that pr rehab stunt. :angry-cussingblack:

WHY IS SHE NOT IN JAIL, OH MY GOD WTF.

Watched the RV episode. Wow that woman is crazy... A carbon copy of my mother should she have 8 kids. Also her kids are really mean, especially to poor Clay who did nothing wrong... Yikes!

While I can't guarantee I won't go nuts and cope that way should I have 6 kids that quickly on top of 2 already, I'm still shocked what a bitch she is and like the other moms...

ETA: although I gotta hand it to Kate, her kids are much better talkers than duggars several years their senior.

feministing, it sucks to have to give the devil his due, doesn't it? OTOH, she only has 8 and they have soooo many more. Some kids just get lost in the shuffle and ignored/forgotten about. And she doesn't have to pretend to be fundie lite anymore to get church hand-outs. If anything was wrong like a developmental delay, she would be able to get therapy for the child and not pray it away or act like everything is ok.

WHY IS SHE NOT IN JAIL, OH MY GOD WTF.

That aint even the half of it.

eta if I wasn't in the middle of cooking Easter supper, I could write oodles about that evil succubus.

The Bullyville thing is really taking off on twitter. They are now naming the users/haters. :mouse-shock:

(I only added the mouse cos' it's cute.)

Some people are unbalanced and develop a fixation with someone for whatever reason. She's just so strident, entitled, and mean. She's a pretty polarizing personality and you either adore her or hate her. I'd feel a lot more sympathy for her if she seemed like she was trying to be a less horrible person. She did leave herself incredibly open to criticism by doing two shows for TLC and then DWTS and various one off shows. There have been plenty of times that I have wished to be on the grace end of someone's opinion, but I'm not in the same league as Kate. I always try to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but like I said, this is Kate we're talking about. She's just the worst type of person to me. Sorry, I can't say anything nice about her. She's done so much damage to her own image, people just don't care if she's being bullied. It's not really right, but that seems to be the way it is.

:twisted: Karma's a bitch. This talentless twat put herself in the public eye, courted (hell, screamed for) the attention, has just generally been a thankless ass the entire time, makes scads of money off of her kids (none of whom even had the choice to say whether they wanted to be on TV OR actually keep most of that money for themselves, as it should be), and is just generally wasted space and air. So, you know what? Let the "bullies" have at her, as long as the kids are protected. She absolutely asked for this every second, and while I don't want to see her get physically hurt, I think some pretty significant stress over this might be just fine. Maybe she'll get a clue, finally, and get a real job and be a mother. Nothing else has worked to wake her up from the grand delusion that she's somehow important to the entertainment industry.

In reference to OKTBT post: Well, dammit. I had no idea that by calling a child abuser a, you know, child abuser made me a bully :shock: Guess I need to work on my fluffy bunny side. :animals-bunny: Had to borrow your phrase, Curious. Hope you don't mind. ;)

In reference to OKTBT post: Well, dammit. I had no idea that by calling a child abuser a, you know, child abuser made me a bully :shock: Guess I need to work on my fluffy bunny side. :animals-bunny: Had to borrow your phrase, Curious. Hope you don't mind. ;)

Well as she has not been convicted in a court of law..well you know? But yes I watched her 'show' is that the right word? I can only guess her motivation (money.) I think as I previously mentioned that this was not possibly the best example of what I was trying to say. But I still find it frankly bizarre that somebody took the time to send as reported 74,000 (surely that cannot be right?) Hate filled tweets and internet stalk this person.

If for argument sake she is this child abusing maniac...well do something productive about it. I just don't get the time these people take. It is strange because I am about to say that we are totally snarking on her and others who we may abhor and that is Ok. So I am just totally probably two faced.

Naw, OKTBT, not two faced just conflicted. Just because you're easy to hate, doesn't mean you can't be bullied. It does seem like she is just so hated that it's almost ok to beat up on her. And I can't believe I just said that, dangit. It is incredible to me that there are people who would take their hate of her to the level described. Why not just snark? :think:

I looked at some of the "hate" directed at Kate and while some of it is way beyond what I'd do, some of it is merely questioning her decisions or in one case a neighbor driving to the store and noting that lights weren't on.

I can't imagine making over 70,000 tweets about anything but some people seem quite able to make 50 to 100 a day.

It is unrelated, a poetical question, I'm just contemplating... if she's so much of a no people person.. why the kids? After the twins, why go for more? Kids are work, kids are noise, all that stuff that will stop your world from revolving around you. If you don't want to have kids at home. Don't have any. Don't. Have. Any. It's much more decent than mistreating them horribly - not offering water when kid is thisty?! - and complaining about your difficult life. I don't want a kid of my own, but at work, I'd take a bullet for any of them, gladly, to spare any of them.

Well as she has not been convicted in a court of law..well you know? But yes I watched her 'show' is that the right word? I can only guess her motivation (money.) I think as I previously mentioned that this was not possibly the best example of what I was trying to say. But I still find it frankly bizarre that somebody took the time to send as reported 74,000 (surely that cannot be right?) Hate filled tweets and internet stalk this person.

If for argument sake she is this child abusing maniac...well do something productive about it. I just don't get the time these people take. It is strange because I am about to say that we are totally snarking on her and others who we may abhor and that is Ok. So I am just totally probably two faced.

I dont like the way she is engaging the so called bullies. The people that are suppose to be helping stop it have publicized personal data about a nonfan who never posted anything on Kates twitter page or harassed her in any way. They even posted the email of her underage daughter. They are also threating to call peoples place of employment and try to get them fired. I think thats bullying and intimidation. They are also spreading rumors about other supposed bullies. You cant fight bullying with fear, bullying, and intimidation. :penguin-no: :cussing:

The best way to deal with this would have been for Kate to distance herself from twitter. She could still use it as a tool for self promotion for things like her cook book (which is not doing well in prerelease sales). Dont use it for anything else. The haters will slowly loose interest and the fans would learn about all the ways they can leg hump Kate by buying her books and watching her on TV shows.

Bullyville has gotten so nasty that you can't send anything but fawning to Kate without getting attacked. Its beyond bad.

Archived