IGNORED

A Maher that didn't marry into maxhell

Dru

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those modeling photos are seriously defrauding. I bet Nathan is so thankful to God he was able to rescue Melanie from such a life. I'm pretty sure Nathan and Melanie have kids, but can't recall at the moment. If they do, I wonder if Nathan lets them go around the in-law side of the family. I'm sure they'd be seen as a sinful influence.

He may outwardly express distaste for his sister-in-law's defrauding lifestyle, but I'd bet a secret part of him doesn't mind looking at her pictures! And hey, maybe Melanie has a special wardrobe hidden somewhere for "private couple time". :)

I don't know much (okay anything) about Melanie's family. How into religion are they? I can't see how a family okay with a modeling career for one daughter could be okay with the nightmare that is life with the Maxwells for another (and vice versa).

Great find, Dru!

I would be willing to bet the little girls do not spend much time with this side of their family. No more than Steve allowed his kids to hang out with their cousins.

Anna (another sister of Melanie's) has a picture of herself and Bethany as her Pinterest profile photo so the kids do get to see Melanie's family at least somewhat. It makes me wonder if Melanie dresses less conservatively in her day to day life than what we see on the blog.

Going by Grace and Anna's Pinterest and Facebook pages they are Christian but nowhere near Steve Maxwell approved. They wear jeans, watch TV, and (gasp) drink alcohol.

I've looked at some of their FB pages and they seem fundie lite perhaps. Lots of conservative likes, homeschooled etc. But they dress normal and seem to go to some country music concerts, sporting events etc.

I remember a year or two ago there was a photo of Abby, Melanie and Nathan's oldest, wearing a plastic stethoscope that loved like it came from a kids' doctor kit. Since there is very little chance of this being a Steve-approved gift, they was speculation that it was likely from Melanie's family, so the kids do interact with them somewhat and hopefully will be a good influence.

I remember their wedding. Mel was homeschooled, didn't date, and didn't kiss until they were married. She had like a dozen sibs. They also met at a real church. I kind of get the "vibe" both families were similar, but went in opposite directions.

At least the girls will have close family to fly to when/if they escape from Maxhell land.....

Based on their blog, it looks like Steve and Teri have little to do with either of their sons' sets of in-laws. We don't see or hear about anybody from Melanie's family (even though they live locally) or Anna Marie's. There are no posts about how everybody went over to Melanie's house for cake and ice cream on one of the girls' birthdays, or about cooking dinner for Anna Marie's family when they're visiting from out of town. I suppose it's possible that these things happen, but the Maxwells decide not to blog about them for whatever reason.

I remember a year or two ago there was a photo of Abby, Melanie and Nathan's oldest, wearing a plastic stethoscope that loved like it came from a kids' doctor kit. Since there is very little chance of this being a Steve-approved gift, they was speculation that it was likely from Melanie's family, so the kids do interact with them somewhat and hopefully will be a good influence.

That's what I would do if I had a family members who were very into rigid gender roles. I wouldn't want to get completely cut out of their lives, but I could theoretically just feign ignorance and say "Oh, I didn't know you thought women couldn't be doctors! Silly ol' me."

Based on their blog, it looks like Steve and Teri have little to do with either of their sons' sets of in-laws. We don't see or hear about anybody from Melanie's family (even though they live locally) or Anna Marie's. There are no posts about how everybody went over to Melanie's house for cake and ice cream on one of the girls' birthdays, or about cooking dinner for Anna Marie's family when they're visiting from out of town. I suppose it's possible that these things happen, but the Maxwells decide not to blog about them for whatever reason.

The Nathan/Melanie girls really look like Melanie's family. You can see a lot of Abigail in this aunt.

Holy crap. I actually think I am friends with Melanie's first cousin. As in real life friends, our kids go to school together, we have taken trips together friends

The last time I can recall any of Mel's family appearing on the blog was when Susannah was in the hospital. But like I said, her sister Anna has a picture of herself with Bethany, so there must be some contact. I think Steve just doesn't allow mention of it on the blog.

ETA- I just realized you said Steve and Teri, not Nathan and Mel. Yeah, I'm sure Steveo avoids the inlaws as much as possible. Or maybe the other way around.

I wonder how they refer to Mel's sister Anna? Pants wearing Anna?

Panty Aunty Annie? :D

Holy crap. I actually think I am friends with Melanie's first cousin. As in real life friends, our kids go to school together, we have taken trips together friends

How weird is that? The urge to immediately start pumping her for information would be overwhelming for me.

Maybe one day, Mel will wake up, grab her girls, and get otta there! divorce! Wouldn't that just be a kick in the teeth to Stevie?! :clap:

Maybe one day, Mel will wake up, grab her girls, and get otta there! divorce! Wouldn't that just be a kick in the teeth to Stevie?! :clap:

After the way she's been treated, I would not wonder.

We are talking about a family that considers immediate family just the kids that live at home, not the ones that are already married, so in their view in-laws are probably practically strangers.

once a son marries he is out of the fathers control, effectively the law with in his own family now. when a daughter marries she is under the authority of her husband-she is for all intents and purposes part of his tribe-note how anna duggar is not close to her sisters and having her mother at her births was not a factor and mel changed; this is probably why the ax girls will not marry in the near future...there is not a fundie family that can live up to the Maxwell codes and they will change to suit their new family.

Archived