IGNORED

A Maher that didn't marry into maxhell

Dru

I know, right? And that's where I got the idea that all homeschoolers had to have a NAME for their homeschool (but it turned out I think it's by state if that's required or not). But yes, Flowing Streams because he couldn't get in to Golden Showers.

:lol:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anybody else notice the bride was wearing white hose with her gown? I personally hate panty hose but could see wearing a nude/skin tone nose but white?

Did anybody else notice the bride was wearing white hose with her gown? I personally hate panty hose but could see wearing a nude/skin tone nose but white?

I wore white panty hose to my wedding. White panty hose with little wedding bells on them. Hey, it was the early 90's, so sue me! They went really nice with my poofed up, over permed hair, I'm sure.

I wore white panty hose to my wedding. White panty hose with little wedding bells on them. Hey, it was the early 90's, so sue me! They went really nice with my poofed up, over permed hair, I'm sure.

I wore pearly white thigh highs at my wedding in 1995 (and I think they were $20/pair and I bought two just in case!). It was all about an era. I haven't worn panty hose in years, now! Does anyone (except Kate Middleton and the Queen) still wear nylons?

I wore pearly white thigh highs at my wedding in 1995 (and I think they were $20/pair and I bought two just in case!). It was all about an era. I haven't worn panty hose in years, now! Does anyone (except Kate Middleton and the Queen) still wear nylons?

I do--well, regular nude ones or sheer black. Mostly for vanity; I think they make my legs look better.

I do--well, regular nude ones or sheer black. Mostly for vanity; I think they make my legs look better.

I do, too, since I wear skirts all winter. "Nude"/tan or opaque black, grey, or ballet pink-ish (looks fairly close to my skin color so it's not as horrid as it sounds.) I love me some H&M tights.

I do, too, since I wear skirts all winter. "Nude"/tan or opaque black, grey, or ballet pink-ish (looks fairly close to my skin color so it's not as horrid as it sounds.) I love me some H&M tights.

Then it must just be me. I got married in September with bare legs. I'm pasty white but nobody was going to see my legs and I hate hose, I swear they were invented as torture devices by men.

Then it must just be me. I got married in September with bare legs. I'm pasty white but nobody was going to see my legs and I hate hose, I swear they were invented as torture devices by men.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but FYI I'm so frumpy I make fundies look stylish. :oops: I'm pretty sure most people opt for bare legs these days, because my SILs made fun of me for wearing stockings for my late April wedding. I just can't stand the feeling of bare feet in non-sandal shoes.

Melanie's smile always seems natural in contrast to the Maxgirls'.

I'd forgotten about this photo - makes me think the Mahers don't set any land speed records at the possibility of visiting with the Maxwells:

http://web.archive.org/web/200212201410 ... es/474.jpg

Stevovah & Terified both have their chins set like they're trying not to say what's on their minds, and Mrs. Maher looks as if she is ready to go home, have a glass of wine and sigh in relief. For being home. And away from her daughter's in-laws. Just my reaction, though, MMV.

I hadn't seen the Melanie/Nathan wedding pics before either. I'm pretty sure I hadn't seen pictures before of the Reversal Babies when they were that little. Joseph certainly hadn't come into his looks yet at the time of the wedding.

And Joseph has NOW come into them? He is a little scary looking to me. So is Jesse. But John is yum!

And Joseph has NOW come into them? He is a little scary looking to me. So is Jesse. But John is yum!

Well, no. :D What I ought to have said, not soft-pedaling it, was that Joseph had really unfortunate acne.

I always figured Joseph was the gay boy Christopher wasn't allowed to be. And nobody knows anything about Jesse because they just don't talk about him very much (although I think he owns a guinea pig and is shown via photos that he has some fine hand-truck skills).

John is, and always has been, the hottie. Completely defrauding.

Well, no. :D What I ought to have said, not soft-pedaling it, was that Joseph had really unfortunate acne.

A number of the Maxhells had unfortunate acne -- Mary did, I think Anna, too, and Jesse definitely did.

I hadn't seen the Melanie/Nathan wedding pics before either. I'm pretty sure I hadn't seen pictures before of the Reversal Babies when they were that little. Joseph certainly hadn't come into his looks yet at the time of the wedding.

Poor Mary even had that Bill Berry unibrow as a toddler! I'm glad her parents let her shave/wax it-- she looks so much better now.

Melanie's smile always seems natural in contrast to the Maxgirls'.

I'd forgotten about this photo - makes me think the Mahers don't set any land speed records at the possibility of visiting with the Maxwells:

http://web.archive.org/web/200212201410 ... es/474.jpg

Stevovah & Terified both have their chins set like they're trying not to say what's on their minds, and Mrs. Maher looks as if she is ready to go home, have a glass of wine and sigh in relief. For being home. And away from her daughter's in-laws. Just my reaction, though, MMV.

I've seen that photo many times but never really looked at it carefully. You're right, they don't look at all happy to be around each other.

You had me scared, there!

Did they actually say Mel was the second oldest at some point? I don't remember reading that. I know for sure Jennifer is older and my research indicates that Rachel is older as well. I assumed that Olivia was older because she was already married, but of course that could be wrong.

Roger Maher, Mel's dad, is a chiropractor. His practice is in Shawnee Mission.

You know, I remember reading that she was the second oldest but my memory could be playing tricks on me. I can't find the quote now. I was surprised her father was a chiropractor. I always figured his degree was in religion like so many fundie men. It's good to hear that their father had a "real" job and the other siblings lives normal lives. At least Melanie's little daughters have good role models to look up to. I hope for the day when Steve sees his granddaughters wearing pants, watching TV and maybe take up modeling! Oh god, can you imagine Steve's reaction to that?!

You know, I remember reading that she was the second oldest but my memory could be playing tricks on me. I can't find the quote now. I was surprised her father was a chiropractor. I always figured his degree was in religion like so many fundie men. It's good to hear that their father had a "real" job and the other siblings lives normal lives. At least Melanie's little daughters have good role models to look up to. I hope for the day when Steve sees his granddaughters wearing pants, watching TV and maybe take up mode ling! Oh god, can you imagine Steve's reaction to that?!

I am not really sure modelling and watching TV are exactly positive aspirations for the girls. :D

I am not really sure modelling and watching TV are exactly positive aspirations for the girls. :D

It's a damn sight better than what Sarah is doing with her life.

What will really blow Steve's stack is if any of those girls-- or their cousin Joshua-- joins any kind of sports team. Even a Christian homeschoolers' T-ball league would drive him absolutely batty.

What will really blow Steve's stack is if any of those girls-- or their cousin Joshua-- joins any kind of sports team. Even a Christian homeschoolers' T-ball league would drive him absolutely batty.

Or God forbid learn how to swim in anything but a denim skirt. Helllloooooo, can you say "life skill"? Put those kids in bathing suits and teach them how to f-ing swim.

Oh, Steve totally believes that swimming is an important skill-that's why he & Teri found some aquaintances with a pool and took the children (in gender segregated groups-can't have the boys lusting after their sisters or anything: puke) for a few afternoons and taught them how to swim. Because swimming isn't anything that needs practice or reinforcement or anything...

It's a damn sight better than what Sarah is doing with her life.

Not necessarily. I am not sure a career choice that requires objectifying yourself for money and relying on nothing more substantive than looks is much better than living under Steve. You are still subject to becoming what people outside of YOU want you to be, and you are still an object of patriarchal manipulation.

The problem with Sarah's life as we see it is that she has no agency over herself. She has no choices or chances to make her own decisions. Every decision, thought, action and outfit is chosen for her. Sarah is most likely so far gone she won't see that as being bad. Maybe for her it is not. Who knows? I am not at all justifying what this family has done to these Overgrown Children. If Steve and Teri die tomorrow, Sarah would be completely rudderless and screwed, with no life skills or tools to support herself. That is not right at all. But I what I really wonder is if she THINKS she is happy.

technically speaking , if steve dies tomorrow Nathan would assume his role. nothing of significance would change for sarah any time soon though they may go regular fundie in a couple of years.

Archived