IGNORED

A Maher that didn't marry into maxhell

Dru

[list=]

Maybe one day, Mel will wake up, grab her girls, and get otta there! divorce! Wouldn't that just be a kick in the teeth to Stevie?! :clap:

Same here! I think in some ways Melanie saw the family change over the years & was confused on why they were doing it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was an excellent find!

Melanie's sister is pretty. And yes, the photos are defrauding, showing all that skin and all.

Melanie has I think 6 sisters -- something like that -- and I don't remember where she falls in the birth order. I am glad to see her sister gets a chance to do something like that rather than get married and have to have family Bible time twice a day. I kind of get the feeling that Melanie and Nathan aren't as crazy fundie as Stevie is, though. Not sure why I think that.

According to Grace's Interview on the modeling site she has 6 sisters and 3 brothers, so 10 kids all together. I know the names of most of them:

Jennifer- 1972?

Rachel- 1973?

Melanie- 1975

Simon- 1978?

Noah- 1983?

Grace- 1985

Anna- Not sure of her age but she looks to be around Grace's age. She's in college to become a nurse.

Isaiah- ?

Olivia- ? Probably older than Melanie since she was already married at Mel's wedding.

Girl #7- ? Not mentioned in Mel and Nathan's wedding announcement at http://www.tonganoxiemirror.com/news/20 ... ermaxwell/ but all six of her sisters are in the wedding photos.

I briefly considered doing a Maxwell/Maher family tree for Fruit of the Womb.

According to Grace's Interview on the modeling site she has 6 sisters and 3 brothers, so 10 kids all together. I know the names of most of them:

Jennifer- 1972?

Rachel- 1973?

Melanie- 1975

Simon- 1978?

Noah- 1983?

Grace- 1985

Anna- Not sure of her age but she looks to be around Grace's age. She's in college to become a nurse.

Isaiah- ?

Olivia- ? Probably older than Melanie since she was already married at Mel's wedding.

Girl #7- ? Not mentioned in Mel and Nathan's wedding announcement at http://www.tonganoxiemirror.com/news/20 ... ermaxwell/ but all six of her sisters are in the wedding photos.

How interesting, their announcement was published 9/11.... It says Mel graduated from Joshua Academy. I wonder if it is a real school or another school of the dining room table ...

Jennifer- 1972?

Rachel- 1973?

Melanie- 1975

Simon- 1978?

Noah- 1983?

Grace- 1985

Isaiah- ?

Where are the wedding photos?

Thanks! I don't think I've seen those before! Melanie was pretty (she was wearing makeup!) in her fundie t-shirt dress. There's one photo of Sarah that kinda says it all -- she's with some other of the gals and has an itchy look of misery on her face. Kinda like she knew even back then, she'd never get to wear the big white dress.

Yeah, Sarah looks miserable in those pictures. I believe that's Mel's sister Anna that she is standing with.

I have always wondered what Chris is saying in that pic on page 2 (bottom right) because Mel seems to be cracking up. Steve must have had to double-down on the death talk after that.

The Mahers met the Maxwells at church several years ago when the Maxwells were still going to church. I know that Melanie was the second of ten siblings and her father was addressed as "doctor". Someone on FJ mentioned the father was a chiroproctor.

At the time of the marriage, I felt that Melanie's family was as conservative as the Maxwells. It does appear Melanie's siblings have gone the fundie-lite way while Melanie is stuck in the fundie path. That said, I don't know how much control Steve has over Nathan and Melanie. Melanie has never worn frumpers even though she was given a few pairs. As others note, Melanie's daughters have been given nonSteve approved toys including a doctor's kit and an anthromorphized cow. Only time will tell how much Melanie has bought into the Maxwell craziness.

Anyway, it's just good to see that her kids have close family members who can provide them a safe haven from the crazy Maxwells if need be. Actually, it means that there is a safe haven for the Maxwell girls to go to as well.

The Mahers met the Maxwells at church several years ago when the Maxwells were still going to church. I know that Melanie was the second of ten siblings and her father was addressed as "doctor". Someone on FJ mentioned the father was a chiroproctor.

At the time of the marriage, I felt that Melanie's family was as conservative as the Maxwells. It does appear Melanie's siblings have gone the fundie-lite way while Melanie is stuck in the fundie path. That said, I don't know how much control Steve has over Nathan and Melanie. Melanie has never worn frumpers even though she was given a few pairs. As others note, Melanie's daughters have been given nonSteve approved toys including a doctor's kit and an anthromorphized cow. Only time will tell how much Melanie has bought into the Maxwell craziness.

Anyway, it's just good to see that her kids have close family members who can provide them a safe haven from the crazy Maxwells if need be. Actually, it means that there is a safe haven for the Maxwell girls to go to as well.

I'm wondering how this came about? I can just imagine her face opening a gift and it's...frumpers! :?

Sarah looks so young in those pics. I would of guessed she was around 16 rather than 20!

What a pretty girl!

In the interview part of her profile she says this.

I started modeling about 3 years ago. I quit shortly after my first paid shoot because of personal issues. The people in my life at that time were very unsupportive and I was still trying to figure out what I wanted. I decided recently that modeling was something that I really did want to do. I just started modeling again in June and I love it! It has been going very well.

Interesting..

What a pretty girl!

In the interview part of her profile she says this.

Interesting..

The bolded part is VERY interesting. Does that mean one party cut the other?

I just looked at the wedding pics. Not all of them showed up on the page, but in all the ones that did, all I saw were Maxwells with Nathan and Melaine. How rude to not include any pictures of Melanie's family with her and Nathan. (Unless they were in the pics that weren't opening).

We are talking about a family that considers immediate family just the kids that live at home, not the ones that are already married, so in their view in-laws are probably practically strangers.

I find this so weird. I noticed that on photos, etc., and it seemed so cold.

I just looked at the wedding pics. Not all of them showed up on the page, but in all the ones that did, all I saw were Maxwells with Nathan and Melaine. How rude to not include any pictures of Melanie's family with her and Nathan. (Unless they were in the pics that weren't opening).

To be fair, Terified mentions in the intro that the photos were of her family and describes them as if they rarely showed photos. Melanie's may not have wanted to be in the blog photos or Teri may not have wanted to violate their privacy. People weren't so open with their lives online a decade ago.

Treated by Steve, or treated by Nathan?

By Steve and the gang, Patsy. I might be wrong but I always get the feeling that she or they get the "silent treatment". Again, I might be wrong but that's how I see it.

This is what I have been trying to say. :(

Did they actually say Mel was the second oldest at some point? I don't remember reading that. I know for sure Jennifer is older and my research indicates that Rachel is older as well. I assumed that Olivia was older because she was already married, but of course that could be wrong.

Roger Maher, Mel's dad, is a chiropractor. His practice is in Shawnee Mission.

Indeed.

The bolded part is VERY interesting. Does that mean one party cut the other?

I didn't catch that the first time I read the interview. Grace is Facebook friends with Anna, Olivia, Noah, and their mom Linda, so I assume none of them are/were the unsupportive ones.

Somewhat off topic, but did anyone else notice that Mel and Nathan are naming their kids alphabetically, excluding Susannah? Abigail, Bethany, and Christina. Seriously, why do people do stuff like this?

Somewhat off topic, but did anyone else notice that Mel and Nathan are naming their kids alphabetically, excluding Susannah? Abigail, Bethany, and Christina. Seriously, why do people do stuff like this?

I honestly don't think they are doing that on purpose. The Maxhells have been asked about it and there has been no reponse. I think Melanie is sensible enough to know that's just stupid and it certainly wouldn't be Nathan's idea (too much FUN!). Time will tell, though, if they have another child and name it D-something.

I honestly don't think they are doing that on purpose. The Maxhells have been asked about it and there has been no reponse. I think Melanie is sensible enough to know that's just stupid and it certainly wouldn't be Nathan's idea (too much FUN!). Time will tell, though, if they have another child and name it D-something.

As long as they're not aiming to get through the whole alphabet...

As long as they're not aiming to get through the whole alphabet...

I think I read something on their blog once that Nathan names the kids whatever God tells him to. So maybe God has a sense of humor with this process, with the exception of Susannah.

From their wedding announcement

The bride is a graduate of the Joshua Academy, and the groom is a graduate of Flowing Streams Christian School. He is network administrator for Communication Concepts.

My brain just exploded. The jokes, they write themselves.

From their wedding announcement

My brain just exploded. The jokes, they write themselves.

I know, right? And that's where I got the idea that all homeschoolers had to have a NAME for their homeschool (but it turned out I think it's by state if that's required or not). But yes, Flowing Streams because he couldn't get in to Golden Showers.

Archived