IGNORED

Miss Raquel's latest "modeling" "job"

formergothardite

I put "modeling" and "job" in quotes because from what I can tell this is just a friend of hers who gets Raquel to pose for pictures. Raquel thinks this makes her a model so if you read her instagram this is why she is listed as being a model. :roll: I do have to wonder if the guy she is all cuddled up with in these pictures is the guy she has been longing for. There has been no mention of her "job" at the cafe, so I guess that didn't last very long. She has been traveling a lot, so I hope she got someone to care for her poor horse, which also never gets mentioned anymore. God could not have picked a more selfish person to give a horse to.

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

In case any doubt subsided, Miss Raquel's standards of modesty are pretty lax. It's also apparently fine to touch and sit on the back of a non-related guy you're not engaged with.

That dress is too big for her, btw.

Well, at least it's not the "smokin' hot body" guy who wanted to fall in love with her mom first, right? Seriously, though she is the furthest thing from modest and seems to love bragging about her appearance and what a big fancy "model" she is. I hope Mr. Horsey found a new home.

That's exactly what she needs, some ego-booster because apparently she totally lacks confidence in herself... *eyeroll*

Gee, she almost has an expression in some of those photos. :roll:

And the dress is way too big.

The way everyone's standing and looking makes them look like they're plastic. :? Show us some emotion! Show us that you're not dead inside!

What would a photographer do with pictures like these? No way these are going to end up in magazines(not modest enough for even fundie magazines) so what was the whole point of them dressing up and standing in the road?

This picture isn't particularly flattering. I don't want to embed the image, I'm not even sure if this is an appropriate way to show which one I mean:

4.bp.blogspot.com/-H8ToN-0PCJ0/UU_NaAL83hI/AAAAAAAAIYs/j8d3gO9r-vc/s1600/formalgoof6.jpeg

Most of those pics just look like a good way to ruin ill-fitting formal clothes. Why would you pose in black tie in the middle of the woods unless you're shooting some esoteric perfume ad?

The most decent-looking one of the bunch is the one with the filter on it where she's sitting on the bench, but it's kind of ruined by the presence of the secret service guy in the background...

What would a photographer do with pictures like these? No way these are going to end up in magazines(not modest enough for even fundie magazines) so what was the whole point of them dressing up and standing in the road?

Some of my photographer friends will do portrait shoots for practice and for their portfolio. This photographer needs a lot more practice, though.

Here is the photographer's blog. It looks like she does themed photoshoots like this all the time.

clarinoelphotography.blogspot.com/

Whoever styled Raquel really missed the mark. The dress would look nice on her if it was her size. I think the hair is too fussy. The dress is simple and elegant, paired with white gloves. I agree with the decision to put her hair back, but I would have done something more classy. The sideswept, curled bangs bothered me the most. It looks off with what they are trying to accomplish with the rest of the look. I would have done a smooth bang or pulled the bangs into a pouf.

Those SHOES, paired with the dress and the gloves... I can't even. Who did that?! There is a time and a place to formally wear clunky mary janes. A formal dress belongs nowhere near those.

.... and I'm pooped before I even get past her outfit....

Black gloves, some nice heels, a french twist maybe for the hair (get rid of those bangs!), a dress that fits, oh and for the love of god, get off the guy while he's doing push-ups! The bench shot was the best of the lot, but the rest, ugh. Nothing particularly classy or artsy about putting two formally dressed, awkwardly posed teens on a deserted road in the woods.

The dog is cute though. :)

Many wannabe photographers do such "shoots" to gain experience and try new things, it's fun when you know the people involved, get dressed and so on. But the pictures are lower average and Rachels expression is really bad. Every picture with the same face? Not very modellike, so please stop stressing that you are ze model!

In case any doubt subsided, Miss Raquel's standards of modesty are pretty lax. It's also apparently fine to touch and sit on the back of a non-related guy you're not engaged with.

That dress is too big for her, btw.

And, too long. And that hair! I so sympathize, as I am rarely happy with my hair.

But, truth be told, my nephew's prom pictures last year were better. Photo friend and Gods daughter should both take a class or two in their respective "careers". Or are these supposed to be examples of jobs girls without college can get?

Maybe god took the horse home to be with him?

She and her friend cooked this up as a way to ask the boy out without asking the boy out.

Why do people take photos while lying down/sitting/wearing cumbersome clothes on roads/railroads? It's like they openly invite Death to knock. Oh wait. Miss Raquel's a speshul snowflake.

Why do people take photos while lying down/sitting/wearing cumbersome clothes on roads/railroads? It's like they openly invite Death to knock. Oh wait. Miss Raquel's a speshul snowflake.

I feel like I've seen a thousand versions of those photos for weddings - possibly thanks to pinterest. Methinks the "photographer" was trying her hand at those but sadly missed the mark.

If you're going to "model", Miss Raquel, you might want to learn to pose.

The problem with Raquel is that she has all these things she wants to be good at(writing, dancing, drawing, singing, modeling) but she will not accept any sort of constructive criticism. She only wants gushing praise all the time for everything she does.

She and her friend cooked this up as a way to ask the boy out without asking the boy out.

I'm thinking back to when I was her age. If I had tried this tactic with any guy I knew back then, they'd have laughed hysterically and run - fast and far. :P

I'm thinking back to when I was her age. If I had tried this tactic with any guy I knew back then, they'd have laughed hysterically and run - fast and far. :P

She "interviews" guys for her blog (mostly veiled questions along the lines of "so what would I need to do to make you like me" Either they are interested or they are laughing their asses off

The problem with Raquel is that she has all these things she wants to be good at(writing, dancing, drawing, singing, modeling) but she will not accept any sort of constructive criticism. She only wants gushing praise all the time for everything she does.

The problem is with an attitude like that you're in for a world of hurt.

In grade school us kids were all praised for what we did in art. Good, bad, inbetween, it was all good.

In Jr. High a lot of that went away. I remember being handed back my first project and being told to re-do it. At first it was hurtful but then I was extremely grateful to have received that criticism so I knew where to improve and what to work on.

In the world, especially the art world, you're going to get a lot of that. I've had one teacher that just didn't like me or my art. That year was hell but damned if my work didn't improve.

You've got to take the good with the bad.

Archived