IGNORED

What's For Dinner - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geechee Girl, it's got vitamin C in it. You may get a hangover, but you won't get scurvy.

*sends good thoughts your way*

Having C, a new friend, over for dinner tonight. We'll make Burmese food-- ginger salad, tomato-cilantro omelets, rice. C is bringing dessert, though when she heard that we are in walking distance of a good sorbet place, she said she might accidentally-on-purpose forget dessert.

Tonight I get a break because we are eating out at a fundraiser for a small community theater. It is being catered by some really nice restaurants. They are charging $40.00 for the buffet and a show so it is a good deal and a good cause.

Has anybody ever been to a food truck wedding? We are in the midst of helping our niece with her wedding and she has decided on an outdoor wedding at a farm and food trucks to do the catering. So far she has chosen a food truck that makes high-end pizza. When we went for the tasting Mr. Becket complained, in a joking manner, that leaves had fallen on the pizza. He is a purist when it comes to pizza and basil leaves on pizza didn't do it for him. Still, we are going with the nigh-end pizza and he will have to pick off the "leaves". Anyway, anybody who has been to a food truck wedding, how did it go?

There was a potluck at work. I had some pieces of good cheddar from a cheese and charcuterie plate, a slice of tomato pie, fruit salad, and homemade jalapeno poppers. Two kinds of cookies for dessert provided by me!

Salad: sweet corn, tomato, red onion, cucumber, feta, toasted pumpkin seeds.

I'm working on a panforte ice cream batter, but I'm not sure if it will be chilled enough to warrant putting it in the ice cream maker tonight.

Sautéed an onion with some garlic. Added sliced white mushrooms, some shredded carrot. Water, rice, can of chickpeas. Came out tasty.

Dinner tonight was Trader Joe's cheese blintzes with raspberries and a little sour cream drizzle.

The blintzes were pretty good, Rachel - not too sweet, and the raspberries were from my own back yard.

Tonight I had meatless tacos, made with Tofurkey chorizo, romaine lettuce, hot sauce, and a little cheddar. Oh, and a banana.

Leftover butter beans with some tomato mixed in, atop the last of the salad greens. (Clearly, I underestimated how much salad greenery I will eat in a week when I am cooking only for myself. Oops.)

The plums are so good this week. Tart, juicy, refreshing. I wanted to make something with them, but I am enjoying their unadorned selves too much to fuss with them.

Oh, my goodness, still more butter beans. This time with chopped bell pepper, atop penne, with a tomato/onion/olive salad alongside. Nectarine for dessert.

After four meals largely centered on one thing, even interspersed with other things, my mouth is getting bored. But I can see the light at the end of the bean tunnel, and tomorrow I'll have something else.

Butter beans are one thing that I just can't like.

Tonight's supper was local rosemary & thyme pappardelle from the farmers' market with grated fresh Parmesan and olive oil. A local peach from the market - I think this was the farm's last batch for the summer. Hard to believe it will be apple time soon!

^ I do like them-- just not four meals' worth.

Tonight, I'm thinking Thai melon soup, topped with green onion and crushed peanuts, thickened a bit with rice.

Archived