IGNORED

Michael Pearl Doesn't Like Dogs Either

debrand

First, I love animals and all three of my pets have been saved either from shelters or saved as strays.

I just got through feeding the dogs and cats. They are nearly as stupid as humans, controlled by their impulses and prejudices.

Although individuals can be stupid as a species, dogs, cats and humans are not stupid. If you expect someone to act stupid they will. Isn't prejudice a human reaction? And if an animal is following its instincts it isn't stupid.

I scatter dry dog food along the driveway so the two cats and two dogs can eat without being too close to each other.

Um...bowls? I feed my dogs from bowls. The cat's food is set up high so the dogs won't eat it. Sometimes the older dog will stand back and let the cat take a few bites of dog food.

One dog, whom I call “Useless,†is the worst cat hater. He will prevent the cats from eating, to his own detriment. I can put a quart of dog food on the driveway and throw a handful under the car where the cats can get to it, and Useless will run around the car, here and there lying on his side, pushing his head up under the car with his tongue stretched to the limit, and scraping up gravel and crushed leaves, all with one purpose: trying to deprive the cat of a single pellet of dog food. Meanwhile, the other dog will be gobbling up all the readily available food assigned to both of them. By the time the cat has eaten and the dog has rescued three or four morsels of food, the other dog will have finished off the first dog’s portion, leaving Stupid Useless with nothing to eat. But, at least the cat knew who was boss!

Why not give the dog his own food? Why not feed the cats in higher area that the dogs' can't reach?

A child has a room full of toys, and another child comes over to visit. When the visitor picks up a single toy that has not felt the hands of its owner in six months, suddenly it is the very toy Snotty wants to play with. It is disheartening to see your child with no more sense than a useless mutt saved from the dog pound’s gas chamber—unthankful, selfish, self-centered, pouty, and downright mean-spirited.

nogreaterjoy.org/articles/dogs-cats-and-kids/?topic_slug=babies

I have a really old dog who will probably be put to sleep soon. He started sitting in front of us and whining. We get up and ask all the words in his vocabulary. No response. We asked the vet if he was in pain and that is a possibility but another possibility is that he is suffering from dementia. :( He is the same dog that politely lets the cat eat a few bites. After a few bites, our dog steps forward and the cat automatically moves away from the bowl. It's like they have an agreement between each other. I can't imagine what Buster's last days would be like if he lived with the Pearls.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesnt suprise me that a complete monster like Michael Pearl hates dogs too. He seems like the kind of guy who kicks puppies for fun.

Thanks for finding this, Debrand.

MP seems to be one of those people who thinks he has the only brain in the room. At one point or another, just about everybody else seems "stupid" to him.

Scattering food for dogs to scavenge is actually a good thing. But you don't do it with multiple dogs in the same area, and certainly not with cats around! They don't all get the nourishment they need, and creating competition around food creates aggression and resource-guarding.

And either children or animals seeing more value in an object because some other child or animal shows interest in it is basic and natural. I have no idea if there's any research on whether it evolved, whether it's nature or nurture, but I always thought it made perfect sense.

Surrounded by an infinite-seeming array of objects, young social creatures would look to the behavior of others to find out what has value, what is worth picking up, what is safe to touch or eat, etc. That instinct/learned behavior turning into "I don't know why, but that toy suddenly has more value because the other kid wants it" seems pretty logical to me.

Kids do have complete control of their attitudes, just as you do. The other day, Shalom was trying to take some pictures of Gracie that were to be used in this magazine. She was to share the frame with our other dog, we call “Dog.†Dog takes every opportunity to lick human flesh. Gracie did not like posing with the dog—didn’t want Dog touching her. She had a Cover Girl pout. Every picture looked like the “before-reading-To Train-Up-a-Child†shot. That, of course, wouldn’t do in our magazine, so Shalom said, “Gracie, if you will smile and make a good picture, I will give you a piece of chocolate.†Wow, what transformation! She turned into Miss ‘I-love-to-be-licked-by-the-sandpaper-tongue-of-a-dog-that-has-been-eating-cats’ congeniality. Her smiles and affections to Dog were awesome. She is a born actress. Where did old Grumpy Gracie go? She had control of her attitude when she had a selfish reason to do so.

Bribery! Oh, no! Gee, Mike, why didn't you remind Shalom that, to get that big fake smile and deny a child an opportunity to express her actual feelings, because you need her to sell shit, the correct procedure is to whip her until she complies? Shalom forgot the drill, apparently.

am thinking about making a vest for my cat, one that has a battery and a transformer that emits electrical impulses through little antennas that stick out everywhere. When Useless touches the cat, he will experience negative sensations in and about his flee-bitten body. Yeah, that might work. Just make sure you don’t get your dog training and child training techniques mixed up.

What a fuckwad.

It doesnt suprise me that a complete monster like Michael Pearl hates dogs too. He seems like the kind of guy who kicks puppies for fun.

Same here!! I LOVE animals! (dogs & cats).

I can't decide whether to shriek with anger or yawn with boredom. For Michael Pearl, Every. Fucking. Thing. has to be set up as an adversarial relationship: marriage, kids, pets--you name it.

I'm thinking about making a vest for my cat his dick, one that has a battery and a transformer that emits electrical impulses through little antennas that stick out everywhere. When Useless Pearl touches the cat himself, he will experience negative sensations in and about his flea-bitten body. Yeah, that might work. If there's a God in heaven.

Michael Pearl doesn't like anything. He seems like one crazy, miserable man. I feel sorry for his children and grandchildren. Shalom bribing her daughter. Can't blame her. I would too because making her grandfather happy would be quite the chore for a three-year old in this case. I hope she got that chocolate. She deserved it and so does Shalom for surviving her childhood and not doing everything her father thinks she should when it comes to raising children.

Thanks for finding this, Debrand.

MP seems to be one of those people who thinks he has the only brain in the room. At one point or another, just about everybody else seems "stupid" to him.

Scattering food for dogs to scavenge is actually a good thing. But you don't do it with multiple dogs in the same area, and certainly not with cats around! They don't all get the nourishment they need, and creating competition around food creates aggression and resource-guarding.

And either children or animals seeing more value in an object because some other child or animal shows interest in it is basic and natural. I have no idea if there's any research on whether it evolved, whether it's nature or nurture, but I always thought it made perfect sense.

Surrounded by an infinite-seeming array of objects, young social creatures would look to the behavior of others to find out what has value, what is worth picking up, what is safe to touch or eat, etc. That instinct/learned behavior turning into "I don't know why, but that toy suddenly has more value because the other kid wants it" seems pretty logical to me.

Bribery! Oh, no! Gee, Mike, why didn't you remind Shalom that, to get that big fake smile and deny a child an opportunity to express her actual feelings, because you need her to sell shit, the correct procedure is to whip her until she complies? Shalom forgot the drill, apparently.

What a fuckwad.

This. He can't use logic. He's an egomaniacal dick. How can somebody who thinks so lowly of children have people looking to him for child raising advice?

So he is an asshole with who imagines himself superior to everyone and everything. It's all about him dominating inferior things: his wife, his kids, his animals, and definitely other people. Damn! I am sure his animals, as abused as they are, are more loving and comforting than he is.

Why does he even have dogs and cats? It's obvious he hates them.

I'm pretty sure my dogs are smarter than Michael Pearl. They're definitely more decent, loving, and moral. I think they have a better understanding of the bible, too. One of them ate my bible last week, and still... Yep, smarter than Michael Pearl. Perhaps he should try eating the bible, maybe he'll get more out of it.

Even if I didn't know what a sociopath Michael Pearl was anyway, animal abuse = GIANT RED FLAG.

The godly care for their animals, but the wicked are always cruel. - Proverbs 12:10 NLT

I have a really old dog who will probably be put to sleep soon. He started sitting in front of us and whining. We get up and ask all the words in his vocabulary. No response. We asked the vet if he was in pain and that is a possibility but another possibility is that he is suffering from dementia. :( He is the same dog that politely lets the cat eat a few bites. After a few bites, our dog steps forward and the cat automatically moves away from the bowl. It's like they have an agreement between each other. I can't imagine what Buster's last days would be like if he lived with the Pearls.

I'm not going to address MP because reading this thread has made me nauseous. However, I wanted to address your old dog issue, Debrand.

There are several medications on the market that can help with dementia in old dogs. I'm not sure if your dog has other health issues that would make it impractical, but if he's relatively healthy other than the probable dementia, you might want to talk to your vet about trying one of the options available. I know people that have had varying amounts of success with anapryl (I think that's the right spelling. It might be anipryl).

I've never had to use one because my old dog's bodies have given out before their minds, but I have 2 close friends that have been happy with the results.

This man is HORRIBLE. My dog is as dumb as a post, but that does not make her less lovable or anything like that. The way he treats his fuzzy creatures makes me want to go to wherever he lives and beat HIM with plumbing line. What an awful human being. :(

am thinking about making a vest for my cat, one that has a battery and a transformer that emits electrical impulses through little antennas that stick out everywhere. When Useless touches the cat, he will experience negative sensations in and about his flee-bitten body. Yeah, that might work. Just make sure you don’t get your dog training and child training techniques mixed up.

Man, this is so emblematic of "traditional training" thinking, whether it's applied to kids or dogs.

Pearl would rather go to the trouble of getting a battery and a transformer and a vest and wiring them together, making the cat uncomfortable, and standing over the dog to electrocute it if it bothers the cat -- rather than, you know, teaching the dog a "leave it" command.

Why have dogs if they make you so profoundly unhappy? Why have kids if they make you so profoundly unhappy?

I can't even read this. This man is one of the most repulsive excuses for a human being to ever have existed.

He and his wife are pure sociopaths.

By the time the cat has eaten and the dog has rescued three or four morsels of food, the other dog will have finished off the first dog’s portion, leaving Stupid Useless with nothing to eat. But, at least the cat knew who was boss!
Yes. The dog should have just got on with its fucking life and let the cat get on with its life, but instead, it was obsessed with being dominant, made an idiot of itself, and made the cat miserable. "I thrash my two-year-old for having a brain, turn a cold hose on my four-year-old for having a bladder, spend my time obsessed with being openly hateful to animals and children -- but at least they know who is boss!"

Yes. The dog should have just got on with its fucking life and let the cat get on with its life, but instead, it was obsessed with being dominant, made an idiot of itself, and made the cat miserable. "I thrash my two-year-old for having a brain, turn a cold hose on my four-year-old for having a bladder, spend my time obsessed with being openly hateful to animals and children -- but at least they know who is boss!"

Brilliant, Patsy. MP is behaving exactly like the "useless" dog. He's a freaking idiot. I do not have the best-behaved dog on the planet, but I love him to smithereens anyway. And as long as we're sharing dog tips, anybody have experience with beagle ear infections? This is something that has only started bothering him recently, in his old age (12 or 13, we think), and doesn't seem to want to go away, even with medicine from the vet.

And as long as we're sharing dog tips, anybody have experience with beagle ear infections? This is something that has only started bothering him recently, in his old age (12 or 13, we think), and doesn't seem to want to go away, even with medicine from the vet.

From a long time cocker spaniel owner years ago, as long as your dog doesn't mind the other dogs laughing at him, this trick works pretty well.

Take pantyhose and cut them to fit over dogs head and neck. Fold dogs ears back like they are "broken" (as we call it), place section of nylon on head to hold ears in the "broken" position so they get air vs being down and floppy creating a breeding ground for yucky stuff (usually yeast).

Do this until the infection clears up and then do it a couple times a week, at night or when the dog is resting during the day...whatever is convenient for you. Also, anytime the dog has gotten his ears wet.

It will reduce your ear infection problems dramatically. You can use anything really to hold the ears back, I just found the nylons to be the easiest and since they fit over the whole head they don't create pressure on any particular part of the throat or anything like that.

I'm not going to address MP because reading this thread has made me nauseous. However, I wanted to address your old dog issue, Debrand.

There are several medications on the market that can help with dementia in old dogs. I'm not sure if your dog has other health issues that would make it impractical, but if he's relatively healthy other than the probable dementia, you might want to talk to your vet about trying one of the options available. I know people that have had varying amounts of success with anapryl (I think that's the right spelling. It might be anipryl).

I've never had to use one because my old dog's bodies have given out before their minds, but I have 2 close friends that have been happy with the results.

Thank you, I appreciate that a lot. Our dog has a lot of health issues that get worse in the summer so we are battling with what is best for him. He is fifteen years old. That is really old for a beagle that was adopted from a shelter fourteen years ago.

Very good, Patsy - interesting that Pearl doesn't see himself in the dog's behavior.

Instead, he mocks the dog for that attitude. In Mike's world, anyone who wants to be in charge is a sinner or a dope -- unless, of course, it's him.

[dog geek] Of course, he's interpreting it wrong - dogs don't care about who's boss. The whole "it's all about dominance" thing has long-since been proven false when it comes to dogs. It grew up due to misunderstandings about wolf families and the fact that it appeals to certain humans who set themselves up as experts (and innocent, loving dog owners believed them).

That behavior is more likely to be triggered by thinking the food under the car has more value because others want it. Anthropomorphizing is always problematic, but, if he really wanted to compare it to human behavior, "the cats are wise and I respect their taste, so that food must be better" is more likely than "I need to show the cats who is boss." [/dog geek]

But, of course, Mike sees battles for dominance in -- well, everything, it seems!

Archived