IGNORED

Am I a fundy? (Feel free to snark!)

Blessing

What do you think about feminism? Do you consider yourself a feminist? Do you believe in equal rights for men and women? Do you do something for this world to become a better place for underprivileged people?

Guest Anonymous
Hi y'all! I'm 27, grew up independent Baptist, finally left the umbrella of protection when I was 23. The level of fundydom I came from would put your popular snarkees to shame. . I am married to the man of MY dreams (not my daddy's) and happy. I work, have my own money, and occasionally go out with the girls. That's the beginning of my story!!

Are there any former independent Baptists on here? Would love to swap some stories!

Blessing, why did you start a thread and never go back to acknowledge the responses people made? You're welcome to join in any thread you like here but, if you have lurked here even a short while, you should be aware that gratuitous attention-seeking will likely attract negative attention.

You was raised fundy but you are not one anymore because a real fundy wont come to this forum to ask if she is one or not.

By the way giving your experience you may consider attend to a catholic church, at least the priest have to keep the confession secret and that would avoid you a lot of troubles :mrgreen:

Yes, it does smack of a member who is no longer here.

Oh she's still here, but this is not her.

Charming

Totally. I imagine if someone in my class approached the others and asked them to help her figure herself out and one of them reacted with a facepalm/headdesk/headwall/headhammer comment. Lovely.

Blessing, why did you start a thread and never go back to acknowledge the responses people made? You're welcome to join in any thread you like here but, if you have lurked here even a short while, you should be aware that gratuitous attention-seeking will likely attract negative attention.

Sorry....I am still trying to get used to how a forum works. I guess I didn't realize people were conversing with me on the introduce yourself board. I kept looking for Facebook style notifications if someone comments, so that's my fault entirely. I'm not sure as of yet how much of my story I'm ready to share. Give me a chance to make some baby steps please! I'm not trying to be an attention whore, I promise!

I guess I'm confused by the title: " Am I a fundy? (Feel free to snark!)".

Yes, it does smack of a member who is no longer here.

A. Why does it matter what anyone here thinks or how others might perceive you?

B. This is not a Hive Vagina. There is no "everyone;" rather, this place is a collective of thousands of different people with varying backgrounds, beliefs and lifestyles.

C. Why are you inviting "snark"? It sounds to me like you're begging for attention.

If you want to participate here, go ahead. But don't expect so much personal attention. Sure, I've shared some of my issues and received support, but I don't need to be validated here. I also don't ask to be judged. That's what my family's for!

PS - You introduced yourself here five weeks ago. Why the sudden need to be evaluated??

My comment feel free to snark was simply my apparently lame attempt at making fun of myself. Sorry you don't get my humor. :lol:

Whatever brought you here, for whatever reason you decided to come here, bother to register and start talking honestly without trolling, there must be a reason. I'm happy that you are here even if it won't change your life. (It will to a certain extent.) You have your own belief system but you are open to talk to a whole bunch of people and dipped your toes into a quiver full of - however, sweet - sharks.

I agree with Buzzard, do talk about yourself. Your open mindedness is a good sign to me. I so want to believe in people. I do, until they totally bum me out, but you're far from that and I'm curious about you. :)

Thanks for those words. I have experienced some judgment from family and friends, so for a chance to open up and hear some "that's ok, it's your life" type of comments is refreshing.

Guest Anonymous

Sorry....I am still trying to get used to how a forum works. I guess I didn't realize people were conversing with me on the introduce yourself board. I kept looking for Facebook style notifications if someone comments, so that's my fault entirely. I'm not sure as of yet how much of my story I'm ready to share. Give me a chance to make some baby steps please! I'm not trying to be an attention whore, I promise!

People were conversing with you on the thread that you started, not on the intro board.

Maybe her parent's felt disrespected or unworthy since they did not follow normal protocol. Forgiveness does not seem to be an ideal.

Oh good grief. Sunshine, if you ever wonder, you are a fundie.

Blessing, I notice that you have avoided answering questions about your views on gay marriage, abortion, women's rights, biblical literalism and evolution. Answers to those sorts of questions would reveal if you are currently fundie more than your past history.

Blessing, I notice that you have avoided answering questions about your views on gay marriage, abortion, women's rights, biblical literalism and evolution. Answers to those sorts of questions would reveal if you are currently fundie more than your past history.

I did say that some of my beliefs are conservative, just not all. I don't feel the need to provide a doctrinal statement of my life though. I'm a Christian, I just don't think I'm a fundy Christian. I wanted others opinions, thus the topic I started. I don't really discuss politics :)

Gay marriage isn't politics because the only reason to deny gay people the right to marry is religion.

Women being equal to men is also not political. The only reason to claim than they aren't is religion.

Evolution, obviously not political.

Biblical literalism also obviously not political.

Abortion is a little more iffy, but most of the anit-choice crowd does it for religious reasons.

Based on you not wanting to answer any of these questions, it looks like you are more fundie than you want to admit and don't want have your beliefs challenged, which is a big part of being a fundie.

Gay marriage isn't politics because the only reason to deny gay people the right to marry is religion.

Women being equal to men is also not political. The only reason to claim than they aren't is religion.

Evolution, obviously not political.

Biblical literalism also obviously not political.

Abortion is a little more iffy, but most of the anit-choice crowd does it for religious reasons.

Based on you not wanting to answer any of these questions, it looks like you are more fundie than you want to admit and don't want have your beliefs challenged, which is a big part of being a fundie.

Guess that answers my question then. However, most fundamentalists I know will discuss these topics at the drop of a hat to get their point across.

Why bother to start a thread like this when you won't even answer basic, non-political questions? I guess you really didn't want your beliefs to be snarked on? Why bother coming here if you hate gay people so much that you won't even say that you think they deserve the right to get married? Why exactly are you drawn here?

These are not political questions, they are religious ones so on a thread asking if you are a fundie, you have no excuse not to answer them unless you actually didn't mean to find out if you were a fundie. It just comes off as being an annoying, attention seeking, troll.

And I meant that most fundies who are trying to hide how fundie they are here at Free Jinger avoid answering those sorts of questions because they don't want to have their beliefs challenged.

When I first read this topic, I was really wondering how someone who claimed to lurk on this site for a year had to:

1. Ask if she was a fundy (after a year of lurking you should know what qualifies as fundy and whether you match up)

2. Inviting people to snark (after a year of lurking you should know that inviting this kind of attention doesn't really work)

When I first read this topic, I was really wondering how someone who claimed to lurk on this site for a year had to:

1. Ask if she was a fundy (after a year of lurking you should know what qualifies as fundy and whether you match up)

2. Inviting people to snark (after a year of lurking you should know that inviting this kind of attention doesn't really work)

I hesitated to join, (and didn't join until I had to to keep reading), because I feared I might fall too far along the fundy spectrum.

So, I can sort of understand how someone might ask "am I fundy?"

For example:

I own (but rarely wear) three jean skirts;

I'd like to marry, have kids, be a stay at home mom and home school (in the lower grades - I don't feel qualified to teach Shakespeare, biology, higher math etc)

I don't generally support abortion, divorce, per-marital sex, etc.

However, I am a big believer in Higher Education. Living in a dumpy dorm room and eating crappy cafeteria food is a life experience not to be missed. I expect if I ever get married my marriage will be an equal partnership. I believe in equal pay for equal work.

Anyhow, I am happy to be here and an enjoying the commentary on the Duggers and other assorted extremists.

I hesitated to join, (and didn't join until I had to to keep reading), because I feared I might fall too far along the fundy spectrum.

For example:

I'd like to marry, have kids, be a stay at home mom and home school (in the lower grades - I don't feel qualified to teach Shakespeare, biology, higher math etc)

However, I am a big believer in Higher Education. Living in a dumpy dorm room and eating crappy cafeteria food is a life experience not to be missed. I expect if I ever get married my marriage will be an equal partnership. I believe in equal pay for equal work.

Anyhow, I am happy to be here and an enjoying the commentary on the Duggers and other assorted extremists.

Well, first off, welcome. :)

There's a wide spectrum of people here. I can see some folks wondering where they honestly fall along it but I guess what got me about the OP's question was inviting the "snark" part. :? It seemed more attention seeking than a real question.

FWIW, as you described yourself you don't strike me as fundy. Conservative but not fundy.

• 1 year later...

For example:

You don't have to "support" abortion, divorce, or premarital sex. Don't get an abortion, don't get a divorce, don't have premarital sex. But don't deny the right of other people to do the opposite.

Archived