IGNORED

Flora Jessop To Be Featured On Bio Channel Series

Thanks for heads=up.

You're welcome. I also have to make a correction, I looked at the site and Flora's episode isnt airing this Sunday. It will be airing on March 17th. I got confused because Flora's episode was labeled as "episode 1", but the first episode airing is considered "pilot". The pilot episode will feature a member of Jim Jones' cult.

Flora Jessop is doing some great work and I think she, at times, really sacrifices her own safety in order to save people who what to escape, and I admire her greatly, but I do wish documentarians would find new people to interview.

Holy crap, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much. I just set it up for a Series Recording. OMG. This is like everything I've ever wanted in a TV show. :lol: :clap:

Flora Jessop is doing some great work and I think she, at times, really sacrifices her own safety in order to save people who what to escape, and I admire her greatly, but I do wish documentarians would find new people to interview.

I was thinking the same thing too. I really like Flora, but she has been apart of other documentaries and I've seen her featured on segments for Dateline and 20/20. I haven't seen her in the media recently, I think I will be ok with watching another documentary involving her. I did wonder if the producers contacted other escapees like Carolyn Jessop or one of the lost boys. I also remember an interview where Flora said she gets a lot of threats and has a permit to a carry a concealed weapon.

Thanks for the heads up! The first episode looks interesting too. I think I'll have to set the DVR for the whole series. Here's to hoping Bio does them all justice!

I was thinking the same thing too. I really like Flora, but she has been apart of other documentaries and I've seen her featured on segments for Dateline and 20/20. I haven't seen her in the media recently, I think I will be ok with watching another documentary involving her. I did wonder if the producers contacted other escapees like Carolyn Jessop or one of the lost boys. I also remember an interview where Flora said she gets a lot of threats and has a permit to a carry a concealed weapon.

I would love to see more of Carolyn. Her first book, Escape, was probably my favorite in all of the FLDS books I've read. As much I respect Flora to the core for all that she does, I think she enjoys the attention. I may be talking out of my ass here, but some of the stories in her book made my finely honed troll-dar ping just a tad. Not that I don't believe about 95% of what was in there, because I do. It just felt that everything was as extreme as humanly possible, even after she was out. I know truth is stranger than fiction and all that jazz, but still. And I don't blame her a bit if she did embellish anything. She truly lived through hell and she's come out better than I probably would.

Thanks for the heads up! The first episode looks interesting too. I think I'll have to set the DVR for the whole series. Here's to hoping Bio does them all justice!

I think Bio will do good with this series and presenting the stories. Bio produces a lot of great first person narrative documentary shows like I Survived, I Almost Got Away etc.

I would love to see more of Carolyn. Her first book, Escape, was probably my favorite in all of the FLDS books I've read. As much I respect Flora to the core for all that she does, I think she enjoys the attention. I may be talking out of my ass here, but some of the stories in her book made my finely honed troll-dar ping just a tad. Not that I don't believe about 95% of what was in there, because I do. It just felt that everything was as extreme as humanly possible, even after she was out. I know truth is stranger than fiction and all that jazz, but still. And I don't blame her a bit if she did embellish anything. She truly lived through hell and she's come out better than I probably would.

I saw that Carolyn's book is being discussed in the FJ book club. I wish I had been checking the Worldly Distractions board more and I could have got it for my Kindle. But I think I will likely read Carolyn's book and Brent Jeffs' book later on.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching the episode awhile ago. It was tough to watch at times and I hope Flora's relatives who abused her or who did nothing get some kind of comeuppance someday.

I had taped this on Sunday and watched it last night. I only knew the bare bones of her story; I haven't read her book. Her story is shocking and difficult to take in. How so many adults can be so brainwashed and so indifferent to hurting their own children is beyond me. What a dangerous group. Are even the county authorities in Hilldale, UT and Colorado City, AZ from this same group? Such a sad story.

I had taped this on Sunday and watched it last night. I only knew the bare bones of her story; I haven't read her book. Her story is shocking and difficult to take in. How so many adults can be so brainwashed and so indifferent to hurting their own children is beyond me. What a dangerous group. Are even the county authorities in Hilldale, UT and Colorado City, AZ from this same group? Such a sad story.

The authorities were part of the same group but recently the state has been trying to change that.

I really tried to watch, but when she started off with babies being water boarded and teeth drilling as punishment I bailed. I just get twisted up and furious about abuse involving babies/children and the elderly or mentally challenged. It actually makes me pissed at God in a way that I'm afraid he may smite me because of it. I have seen her on other docs and admire what she does, but I just couldn't watch. I haven't deleted it on my DVR yet, but I think I probably won't attempt to watch it again.

I really tried to watch, but when she started off with babies being water boarded and teeth drilling as punishment I bailed. I just get twisted up and furious about abuse involving babies/children and the elderly or mentally challenged. It actually makes me pissed at God in a way that I'm afraid he may smite me because of it. I have seen her on other docs and admire what she does, but I just couldn't watch. I haven't deleted it on my DVR yet, but I think I probably won't attempt to watch it again.

Holy shit :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thats awful

I had the same feelings watching it too; I've seen Flora in other shows and knew the basic facts, but this was the first time I heard the detailed story. It was heartbreaking to watch, but I'm glad I did. I've always admired her for her relentless work in exposing the FLDS and now I completely understand her passion and motivation.

Archived