IGNORED

These 30 symptoms say that your uterus is out of position

Wolfie

mamaandbabylove.com/2013/03/01/is-your-uterus-where-its-supposed-to-be/

What scares me the most is that the symptoms range from normal to what could be cancer, and everything in between.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tired, weak legs

Numb legs and feet, especially when standing still for awhile

Sore heals when walking

Lower back ache

Wearing bad shoes will do that same with standing wrong.

I haven't had a uterus in so many years; my poor daughter can't ask me about menopause.

Varicose veins in the legs: Wow, and here I thought it was caused by poor blood return by the veins in the lower extremities. Gee, all those peer reviewed journals I have read, and all the evidence based medicine I practice. I should just go throw out my support stockings (I am on my feet 8 to 10 hours per shift) and straighten out my uterus. And so should my fellow nurses.

Oh wait, some of them don't have a uterus. And still have recently developed varicose veins. :? I guess that just shows that their uteruses are REALLY out of alignment!

Don't even get my started on migraine. Or the cancer, or the bladder infections.

Aye yi yi

I'm pretty sure the neuro issues I occasionally have in my lower legs and feet have something to do with my screwed-up spine, not my uterus, especially as I've had them for most of my life.

I wonder how they explain cramp issues that came from nowhere, like I've had in the past couple of years? Didn't have them for a good twenty years, then out of nowhere in my early 30s...wham. It's not like my not-in-production-status uterus has had any reason to move.

I wonder how they explain cramp issues that came from nowhere, like I've had in the past couple of years? Didn't have them for a good twenty years, then out of nowhere in my early 30s...wham. It's not like my not-in-production-status uterus has had any reason to move.

Have you looked into endometriosis? I had problems with it several years ago, but it went away on BCPs, but those stopped working and the suspected endo symptoms came back, so I just started a new med, giving it a couple more months.

No one ever told her there are ligaments holding it in place? Even the backwards facing ones, held there by ligaments. In which case, why have I had all those PMS symptoms since teenagerhood, when all my ligaments were perky, and also after children, when they are decidedly less perky.

This sounds far too much to me like Hippocratic wandering womb theory. That the uterus being in the wrong position was the cause of all female disease and the cure was pregnancy, ideally with a boy.

Varicose veins in the legs: Wow, and here I thought it was caused by poor blood return by the veins in the lower extremities. Gee, all those peer reviewed journals I have read, and all the evidence based medicine I practice. I should just go throw out my support stockings (I am on my feet 8 to 10 hours per shift) and straighten out my uterus. And so should my fellow nurses.

Oh wait, some of them don't have a uterus. And still have recently developed varicose veins. :? I guess that just shows that their uteruses are REALLY out of alignment!

Don't even get my started on migraine. Or the cancer, or the bladder infections.

Aye yi yi

Pretty sure the article is just stating that the uterus being out of position could be the cause of any of these problems, not that it is the only explanation for any of these problems :roll:

But you're right, why on earth would someone want to try a simple massage to possibly fix a problem when they can spend tons of money on temporary solutions, on-going medications or invasive testing.

Cramps aren't normal? So she's saying that every single woman is messed up??????

Have you looked into endometriosis? I had problems with it several years ago, but it went away on BCPs, but those stopped working and the suspected endo symptoms came back, so I just started a new med, giving it a couple more months.

Yeah, I should get it checked out, but so far, ibuprofen works, at prescription doses with permission from my nurse practitioner. I have migraine issues with BCPs. My mother says the same sort of thing happened to her at my age so I'm thinking it might well be just one of Those Things.

[TMI]Given a few of the clots I've had during a bad period or two, I'd be shocked if I wasn't crampy from them, as I've not given birth and my cervix is probably all "WTF???" Wow.[/TMI]

1.Painful periods (Your period is not suppossed to hurt! Cramping is NOT normal! I had no idea until last weekend!)

2.Late, early, or irregular periods

3.Dark, thick blood at onset and at the end of menstruation

4.Headache or migraine with period

5.Dizziness with period

6.Failure to ovulate regularly

7.Painful ovulation

8.Varicose veigns of the legs and hemorrhoids

9.Tired, weak legs

10.Numb legs and feet, especially when standing still for awhile

11.Sore heals when walking

12.Lower back ache

13.Endometriosis

14.Endometrisis

15.Uterine Polyps and Fibriods

16.PMS/Depression

17.Uterine Infections

18.Frequent Urination

19.Bladder Infections

20.Vaginal yeast conditions/vaginitis

21.Blood clots during menstruation and excessive bleeding

22.Chronic miscarriage

23.Premature delivieres

24.Difficult pregnancies/incompetant uterus/spotting

25.Failure to ovulate

26.Infertility

27.Painful intercourse

28.Constipation

29.Difficult menopause

30.Cancer of the cervix, uterus or colon

Most of these are just normal things and some even temporary. If she's going to claim all this stuff from a "misplaced" uterus, she needs evidence. Alas, she's a holistic nutjob who seems to be against any real truth so there's no hope convincing her as the alternative groups have her scared shitless. And whoever told her last weekend that cramping was not normal is a total quack. The majority of women will have some cramping. It's severe cramping that is a problem and cramping that lasts days on end like mine did.

Yeah, I should get it checked out, but so far, ibuprofen works, at prescription doses with permission from my nurse practitioner. I have migraine issues with BCPs. My mother says the same sort of thing happened to her at my age so I'm thinking it might well be just one of Those Things.

[TMI]Given a few of the clots I've had during a bad period or two, I'd be shocked if I wasn't crampy from them, as I've not given birth and my cervix is probably all "WTF???" Wow.[/TMI]

Yeah, I'm pretty lucky, my migranes were fewer on the BCPs, until they stopped working. While the cramping and some of the other pain hasn't gone away yet with the new meds, the only two migraines I've had have been environmental triggers that I could easily trace. (these meds basically do the same thing as the injectable stuff does, but are in a pill form)

But do get it checked out, as Endometriosis runs in families and my sister and I both have it (hers surgically diagnosed, mine suspected) and think that our mom did too, but it just wasn't looked at as much in the 80's as it is now. Heavy periods are a symptom too.

Most of these are just normal things and some even temporary. If she's going to claim all this stuff from a "misplaced" uterus, she needs evidence. Alas, she's a holistic nutjob who seems to be against any real truth so there's no hope convincing her as the alternative groups have her scared shitless. And whoever told her last weekend that cramping was not normal is a total quack. The majority of women will have some cramping. It's severe cramping that is a problem and cramping that lasts days on end like mine did.

Whoa, I didn't catch it before, but I did notice a lot of grammar errors and mispellings on her site. I just went through this list.... But yeah, a lot of those things are just normal, or have other causes, or are outright dangerous if ignored and only treated with massage.

Cramps aren't normal? So she's saying that every single woman is messed up??????

I was about to ask the same dang question? Seriously. I mean, I know that SEVERE cramps are not normal. (When they're bad enough to really interfere with every day life and you feel like dying might be preferable. I get those! Fun stuff.) But... really? I thought everyone got those? Craziness. Guess we're all gonna die and our uterus is way off! Oh noes!

Where exactly IS the mispaced uterus anyway? In arm? In your leg? Or did she misplace it with her car keys? Enquiring minds want to know.

Clearly a uterus in the workplace is out of position, or one wearing pants, living with a woman or a uterus that chooses not to bear fruit.

I have a tipped uterus. There is some pain associated with it, as well as occasional painful intercourse and a small chance that I might have more trouble conceiving. None of this other stuff though. And I'm pretty sure the only way you can tell is if your gyno sees it and tells you.

My biggest problem with this list? It is incomplete. As everyone is aware a misplaced (and it wouldn't be misplaced if you were just a bit neater or blanket trained your uterus - so all your own fault) uterus is also the cause of : rain on your wedding day, frizzy hair, grey hair, holes in your socks, cat barf on your expensive carpet, running out of a key ingredient 1/2 way through a recipe, Mormons at your front door, the zombie apocalypse and of course it is what is causing you to have your feminist leanings (as the uterus leans so do you).

Whoa, both endometriosis and endometrisis? Them's the tough breaks. Well, thankfully, since I happen to have a large amount of other organs and tissue filling the space around my uterus, blocking it from flapping back and forth, I figure I am immune! Suck it, misplacers!

Man, this reads like the list of warnings on a bottle of prescription medication...

Man, this reads like the list of warnings on a bottle of prescription medication...

More like Jeff Foxworthy's comedy routine ABOUT the list of warnings for a prescription medication. ;)

I have a connective tissue disorder so my internal ligaments are stretchier than normal. As such, my uterus is 'hyperflexible' and does tip according to my position.

However, whilst I've had several of the problems on that list, they are not down to my flappy womb, that's just another symptom.

And having a baby was no issue for me whatsoever. As my little heathen blessing proves. ;)

If my uterus was being that hostile, I think it'd need to go! I have enough problems without my uterus going all rambo on me and causing more issues.

Archived