IGNORED

50K Moms vs GEICO Pig Commercials - Merged

doggie

The horror girls are running to farmers to get themselves pigs.

http://gawker.com/5986893/homophobic-fa ... bestiality

The "advocacy group" One Million Moms is at it again. The group/collection of homophobic trolls, best known for protesting JCPenny not once but twice, has recently carved out a bizarre niche market for themselves by accusing popular commercials of promoting bestiality. Last year, it was Skittles; this year, it's GEICO, for the insurance company's creepy commercials in which a pig spends time with a young woman in a convertible. As ABC News describes the commercial:

The car has just broken down, and Maxwell uses his mobile GEICO application to locate a tow truck. The woman seems frustrated that the tow truck will arrive so quickly, as she asks, "Oh, so that means we won't be stuck up here for hours, with nothing to do?" The pig brushes off her advances.

awww.. why haven't they given up their kindles yet?? I want to see kindles kindling over 1 hundred mum's fury

awww.. why haven't they given up their kindles yet?? I want to see kindles kindling over 1 hundred mum's fury

Apparently they should all download copies of Charlotte's Web before burning. A two-fer protest. Hot pig-on-spider action. Is nothing sacred?

So of course One Million Moms hates the new Geicio commercial with the pig. Pig's on a date with a human woman and because Geico commercials always always always reflect reality, that means bestiality! :o I consider myself a dirty old woman and bestiality is not what I think of when I see that commercial. I'd like to comment on their FB page and tell them that if that's what they're seeing, then they're the ones with the problem. Unfortunately, they banned me because I thanked them for making me aware of Schweddy Balls ice cream(which was pretty darn good).

So of course One Million Moms hates the new Geicio commercial with the pig. Pig's on a date with a human woman and because Geico commercials always always always reflect reality, that means bestiality! :o I consider myself a dirty old woman and bestiality is not what I think of when I see that commercial. I'd like to comment on their FB page and tell them that if that's what they're seeing, then they're the ones with the problem. Unfortunately, they banned me because I thanked them for making me aware of Schweddy Balls ice cream(which was pretty darn good).

Okay the last line of that almost caused me to choke on my water and was very funny.

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling: One of my all time fav SNL sketches. Good, good stuff.

On first viewing, I thought it was creepy too. After seeing it a few times, I questioned what they were getting at, men are pigs? Then I just thought it was funny how the pig says, "Fruit Ninja!" Never once did I thnk, "Hmmm...beastiality, " or "sure, I'll buy Geico insurance." Sometimes a stupid commercial is just a stupid commercial.

Great balls of stupidity.

I'm not an advertising pro, but I did take a few courses in marketing when I thought I was gonna get a degree therein.

Ads like GEICO's Maxwell and the Gecko, and Jack In The Box's "Jack Box" ads are not intended to persuade to come over to try their product or service.

Maxwell, Gecko and Jack are more what I call "vanity" ads, put out to keep the company name in the public consciousness, and to build on current customers' identification with and loyalty to the product/service.

For instance: TMI but we were GEICO customers for years and were well pleased with the company; every time I had to call the company, there was some talk somewhere about the latest funny ad; the Gecko became a kind of a shared thing between us and the company and its reps.

I know, just sitting there on the page, it looks silly, but it works for lots of cusomters and companies.

I only saw the Maxwell/lady ad once. It seemed like all the other Maxwell ads to me: showing the not-overly-cute, but still oddly appealing, little pink pig in a situation that's just a little beyond his ken.

We first saw him doing what he was supposed to do - shout "Whee!" all the way home - and not realizing how it annoyed his schoolmate and the carpool lady;

he "whee!'s" down a zip line and says with satisfaction, "Pure. Adrenaline";

then we ses him earnest but despised by the snotty flight attendants on the "I'll believe that when pigs fly!" commercial;

on radio, there's a spot where he is affronted that the ad producer has forbidden him from saying "Whee!" because, "y'know, that's my thing;"

SO: the hot-to-trot girl wanting to make out with Maxwell while he's oblivious to her intentions - gosh sakes, milion moms, that NOT BESTIALITY, it's kewt! it's fun-nee!

I really despair when extremists on both ends of the spectrums lose their senses of humor, I really do. How DENSE can people be? Oh, wait -- when they have a world plan that they intend to employ come hell or high water ... they are the absolute definition of "dense." :(

I don't like the pig commercials, but these people need to Lighten the Fuck Up.

I think that particular commercial is stupid and kind of gross, but I don't think GEICO is seriously trying to promote bestiality. I think they're just trying too hard to be funny. Most of the pig commercials annoy me anyway. The one where he says "whee" all the way home was clever the first time, but it got old very fast.

It's called "Suspension of Disbelief" for a reason. Unless they can find actual pigs who are up to Maxwell's abilities, just go with it. It isn't real.

I just saw the article this morning and ran over here to see if it had been discussed yet. I agree with others above me, the commercial is tacky but bestiality never crossed my mind! I rolled my eyes the first time I saw it and have ignored it since. These are some sick, twisted women to draw these kinds of connections.

I think the "One Million Moms' fitness to parent needs to be investigated...all 50K of them. :snooty:

This seems to be a case of the 50K Moms trying some moronic stunt to keep themselves in the public eye (much like the horrendously bad Geico commercials they are complaining about. Irony - no? :) )

Honestly, if I were an advertising company I'd be embarrassed to have those ads out there reflecting my talent. Then again, I guess they could be looking at it as a "WOW, Geico will pay for anything. Goldmine!" :D

So, let me get this straight. These women believe that their children are so easily influenced that a commercial will make them practice bestiality? Sounds like their parenting could use some work.

These ladies definitely have issues! I left a comment yesterday and it has been removed and I have been banned from leaving further comments. Obviously, they don't want anyone leaving contrary remarks or questioning their reasoning.

I have never heard bestiality discussed as even a remote possibility outside of fundie circles. Fundies sure do have a thing about bestiality. Seem to think about it a whole hell of a lot.

As soon as I find a pig that can talk, I'm carving me off a piece of that.

Full disclosure...I fully love and embrace all the GEICO ads. And those Million Moms gross me out.

Archived