IGNORED

Dear Jim Bob and Michelle

homeschoolmomma1

This is the letter I would send Jim Bob and Michelle- What letter would you send?

Dear Jim Bob and Michelle,

I know I only have 5 blessings and you have 19 and 2 in heaven, however I didn't have a breakdown doing laundry with 5 kids. I feel sad this happened to you; however why did you HAVE to keep having so many more. I think you didn't realize you need more blessings and you were mentally ill.

I don't homeschool my children anymore and after a day of working (part-time) I come home and make a nice meal for my family that doesn't include opening cans and boxes. I don't really understand why you can't get it together and have a vegetable garden and eat better.

You seem so lazy. I don't know what Jim Bob and you do all day besides sleep together. Please in the New Year get to know who your kids are, put them in school and get those older children out of your house and living their young adult lives.

Sincerely,

HomeschoolMomma1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear JimBob and Michele,

I you want your girls to wait for Prince Charming, they might get stuck with someone like David Waller.

I sent a letter to the Duggars about six months ago. I can't remember the exact wording but it was along the lines of "Why do you preach modesty, dress conservatively but never act modestly or teach your children to behave modestly?" It was worded very politely with all the relevant bible quotes. I sent the same letter to the Maxwells, Dougie Phillips and a few others. None of them have replied.

Still want an answer.

Why slip them off? Raising a lady's skirt at a ball is a common euphamism in historical literature. (Underwear is a relatively new invention - Victorian, I believe.)

I would tell them that they picked their own partners, and that they seem very happy together. Why can't their daughters be trusted to make the same decision, especially since they believe God guides their steps?

Dear Michelle,

I am joyfully looking forward to the special after Jim Bob passes away, and you move in with Josh, Anna, their 10 M blessings, and an assortment of still unmarried J Slaves. You won't even need a prayer closet anymore, you'll have so much time to pray in the laundry room! <33

I sent a letter to the Duggars about six months ago. I can't remember the exact wording but it was along the lines of "Why do you preach modesty, dress conservatively but never act modestly or teach your children to behave modestly?" It was worded very politely with all the relevant bible quotes. I sent the same letter to the Maxwells, Dougie Phillips and a few others. None of them have replied.

Still want an answer.

EXACTLY! I mentioned this in another thread. It boggles my mind they don't see a conflict with being "modest" and being braggarts.

Dear Michelle,

Do you actually understand the words "to parent". This does not mean your older girls do the parenting. Also to clarify we do have overpopulation so get over yourself on that fact because it is fact. Now for the dino's and Jesus please you went to school so you know this isnt true so stop telling your kids this.

Dear Jim Bob,

Stop having sex with your wife. Lay of that now or you will kill her because of the pregnancies and miscarriages she will ensue in the future sadly.

Dear kids,

Run run run and keep running there is I kid you not loads out there that will help you to leave safely.

Dear Michelle,

If you must homeschool do so not one of the sister mums and not the wisdom books there is other resources out there for a better education for the children.

Yours Dolly

Michelle and Jimbob

Please dont try to have any more kids, as its likely to end in disaster. You cant even look after the ones you have. You have 19 wonderful children, who you ignore. Ever thought about how your kids prefer to go to their siblings for comfort instead of their parents. Thats because your older girls are essensially mothers to the younger ones. You have way too many kids to look after, and probably shouldnt have had that many. You cant change that now though, but what you can do is afford to hire a few nannies to help out with the children, so your older kids can have lives of their own. Parenting isnt a one size fits all thing-all of your children have unique personalities, and not all of them are happy in the roles you have forced them into. Theres nothing wrong with letting your children be themselves-you two watched TV, had friends, wore jeans, went out alone, and you arent now doing blowjobs for crack-so your children probably wont either. You two met eachother on your own and dated, and are happy together, who why not let your kids date. Courtship doesnt work, let your kids trust their instincts and teach them about healthy relationships and they will be fine. The way you want relationships to be makes it way more likely your daughters will be abused than if they were dating. Try and turn things around and help your children have the best possible life and try and undo the damage you caused. Im concerned for Jordyn, she gets no attention at all and would probably have better chances in an orphanage. Be her parents and love that little girl before she has serious problems from this.

Dear Jim Bob,

I suggest you spend less time proselytizing to atheists in public like you did in Scotland and more time in the prayer closet praying that your children don't throw you under the bus after you pass away like you did to your own father.

Sincerely,

Gezykah

p.s. While you may believe buying used and saving the difference makes you an environmentalist doesn't all the hair spray you and the rest of your family use more than cancel that out?

Dear Jim Bob,

I suggest you spend less time proselytizing to atheists in public like you did in Scotland and more time in the prayer closet praying that your children don't throw you under the bus after you pass away like you did to your own father.

Sincerely,

Gezykah

p.s. While you may believe buying used and saving the difference makes you an environmentalist doesn't all the hair spray you and the rest of your family use more than cancel that out?

Never mind the effin' huge fuel drinking bus.

JimBob,

It's not even remotely funny that you get your kids confused and can't call them by their correct names. It means you have too many. Also, psychologically it's not good for them because they will grow up with little sense of identity and resentment toward you for not bothering to show them even enough respect to know their names.

Michelle,

A little self respect and you can change the whole dynamic.

I can't wait until you get a few rebels in the house. That's gonna be a lot of fun.

JimBob,

It's not even remotely funny that you get your kids confused and can't call them by their correct names. It means you have too many. Also, psychologically it's not good for them because they will grow up with little sense of identity and resentment toward you for not bothering to show them even enough respect to know their names.

Michelle,

A little self respect and you can change the whole dynamic.

I can't wait until you get a few rebels in the house. That's gonna be a lot of fun.

Well, not arguing the fact that they have more kids than they can or will take care of, or that it always has struck me as demeaning to your kids to give them matchy names, but I don't think I've yet met a parent with more than one child who consistently got the right name per kid. My mother still will call one of us (and there are only two of us!) by each others names or by the names of her grandkids. I don't know why this is, but if it's a sign of bad parenting then every single parent and caregiver on the planet is doomed.

Now that it seems your baby-making days are behind you and your youngest blessings are transitioning from toddlerhood to girlhood, figure out how you can now best help the adult children who have done so much for YOU over the years.

Re-think the bullshit you've been spewing all these years. Hanging around waiting for Prince Charming obviously isn't working because a) there is no such person and b) even if he did exist, he wouldn't be ringing your doorbell. Let your four oldest daughters and Josiah go to community colleges where they can learn career and life skills, and meet people outside your own limited chosen circle of friends. Allow John and Joseph to move out of the compound and begin to carve out their own lives before they get married. Figure out some ways to fill the large gaps in your adolescent sons' educations and add some much needed structure to their lives by signing them up for organized team sports. Enroll the little girls in pre-school or grade school. It's obvious no one in the household has the interest or energy to homeschool them. And for heaven's sake, let Joy wear pants.

I think you know the world isn't quite as scary a place as you once believed it to be and it's time now to knock off all the Gothard nonsense. Have a little faith in your kids. They'll mess up from time to time, but it's always better to let them learn from their own mistakes. You screwed up big time with Josh; give the others a chance to grow up and have normal lives.

(not defending the Duggars in any way)

In honesty, most parents have done this at one time or another, and that includes me, the mom of only 2. (Mostly, my 2-now-adults use those occasions to laugh about). It happens on the spur of the moment occasionally. But it shouldn't be a general habit.

In honesty, most parents have done this at one time or another, and that includes me, the mom of only 2. (Mostly, my 2-now-adults use those occasions to laugh about). It happens on the spur of the moment occasionally. But it shouldn't be a general habit.

Yeah. My mom did it with me and my sister, and I did/do it with my two. I don't resent my mom, nor do my kids resent me because of it. We all, also, have a healthy sense of identity.

Dear Duggars;

I used to find you charming but now I find you creepy, weird and digusting. You support politicians who would gladly strip the women of your state their own rights...including your own daughters. You continue to ignore your younger children while your older children, who work themselves to death, continue to do the job that Michelle should be doing, instead of sipping Starbucks or exercising.

And speaking of....if you lot were REALLLLLLLLLLLL Christians, you wouldn't be giving out invites like you're the latest hotspot in NYC to a lucky few. Nor would you be fame-whoring it. And while I sympathize with anyone who has lost a child, I don't particularly care for people who exploit something that should be private just for tv ratings. That shit ain't Christian either.

To Michelle: God is trying to tell you something when you almost lose your life and your daughter and miscarry another within a space of three years. And it's not 'keep on having more flowers' either. The Quiver has been filled you ninny. THE STORE IS CLOSED.

And by the way, it's pretty damn obvious that something's up with Josie. GO GET HER HELP. God will dislike it even more if you ignore Josie's health problems!

To JimBob: ........I can't. You're fucking weird. So is your hair. But at least you haven't gone all Stevus Maxwell yet.

To the Older Duggar Girls: I hope you all can escape at some point..or at least find some kind of release by marrying a nice open-minded fundie lite guy.

To the Lost Children: .....come to my house. I'll MAKE YOU BEHAVE!

To the Lost Girls: I"ll gladly adopt you all. I don't have kids so I can teach Jenny, Jordan and Josie how to be a fierce female.

and finally, to TLC: You're giving a cult that hates people and wants to strip them of their rights airtime and publicity. CANCEL THEM. Besides, I doubt they're even bringing in the ratings anyway.

My mom had 2 and it occasionally took her 3 - 4 different tries to call out the right one. And we didn't even have a dog.

Of all Michelle's faults, this one I don't really hold against her.

Dear Jim Bob and Michelle,

Are you really happy with how Josh turned out? I think you may be surprised how many people believe that you raised a smug, asinine lazy husband and father.

Why won't you let your children be tested to make sure they are at the proper reading and math levels, since you believe a Gothard education is so wonderful? What do you have to hide?

I know you refuse to believe this, but your children are not cookie-cutter images of you. Not all of them want to be homemakers or work in construction or sell cars. There are more ways to define manhood and womanhood than what you think. There is a bigger world out there than where you reside.

When will you remodel the house and give Grandma a proper in-law suite? It is a disgrace to give her a room right off the laundry room. I'd be embarrassed to force my mother to live in a room like that.

Thanks,

Freealljs.

Dear Jimbob and Michelle:

Why can't you see that Bill Gothard is a snake oil salesman? AND Do you REALLY believe all the crap that you spew...or is it all just lip service for political gain and tv ratings?

Love

Samurai Katz

Dear DimBulb and Mullet...

Stop talking about your great childhood and teen years because you know that none of your kids will be able to experience what you did. Do some research about BC. Just because a Fundie Dr. told you that it caused the loss of J'Caleb doesn't mean that it should be taken as the gospel. Be PARENTS to the kids that you still haven't screwed up yet. Your daughters didn't decide to have 19 kids, you did. Raise them. Please stop saying "Season of life". That phrase makes me nauseous. Just get off my tv.

Ljohnson2006

Yeah. My mom did it with me and my sister, and I did/do it with my two. I don't resent my mom, nor do my kids resent me because of it. We all, also, have a healthy sense of identity.

Hell, I do that with our cats.

Dear JimBob and Michelle,

First of all, you have little children who are growing up alone in a jabbering crowd of siblings incompetently herded by undertrained, under-rested, and unpaid older sisters. If you can't be bothered to love on them, kindly hire two or three nannies and let your growing teenagers get some sleep!

Second, you can't cook and you can't teach. Really, you can't. Hire a cook and a couple of tutors (you can even call them "governesses") while you're at it.

Third, you cannot escape menopause. Figure out something to do with your life. Do the figuring out off camera, please, and try to understand that sooner or later the cameras will go away just as surely as your periods.

Archived