IGNORED

TEST THREAD - Smilies, Quotes, Formatting etc

Curious
Coconut Flan
Message added by Coconut Flan,

Moderation test.  

Blah Blah blah this is a modbox.

Blah blah words this is a mod box too, but with paragraphs. 

fjafdlajfs kfjsdlafds 

Edited by Destiny
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

For some reason I'm in a banana linedance mood.

:banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance:

:happy-jumpeveryone::happy-jumpeveryone:

• Haha 7

• 4 weeks later...

Testing to see if my post will go through. I've been trying to post on a thread, and it won't go through.

ETA - so, I can post here, but not on the Bro Gary thread? Weird. Maybe it's just sick of me. ?

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

@thoughtful I had issues posting in covid.  It finally took my test only post, but continued to reject the twitter link to a post regarding issues in Springfield.  Very weird.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, clueliss said:

@thoughtful I had issues posting in covid.  It finally took my test only post, but continued to reject the twitter link to a post regarding issues in Springfield.  Very weird.

Maybe it's posting anything other than words that is the problem.

I tried including the picture I was trying to post in the Bro Gary thread here, and it wouldn't post.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for the edit button.

I found it!!!!  Oh Happy Me!

:clap:

Edited by Don'tlikekoolaid
  • Upvote 2

Practice putting content behind a spoiler 

Spoiler

2D0A83D5-2BAE-4E30-811F-67D468869D16.jpeg.c0c92cafdca90f400980cf31317e777f.jpeg

Edited by Marty1227
Experimenting with adding more than one image
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Wrapping an uploaded animated GIF in a spoiler tag: (1) Upload the GIF first (2) Click "Insert" to put it into the body (3) Click the image to select it (turns blue) (4) Click the "Spoiler" button to wrap it. Thanks Coconut Flan!

Spoiler

gary-dance.gif.3eb8bb24dda2276f58090bafbcf3ad3e.gif

Edited by Antipatriarch
  • Thank You 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just testing to see if I can post - I can't get my latest Bro Gary recap to go through on that thread.

ETA - this one was fine, but that one still won't go through.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Just testing to see if I can post - I can't get my latest Bro Gary recap to go through on that thread.

ETA - this one was fine, but that one still won't go through.

Is there an error message of any nature?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Is there an error message of any nature?

No. I broke it in half, and the first half (which has no pictures) went through.

• Upvote 1

Just now, thoughtful said:

No. I broke it in half, and the first half (which has no pictures) went through.

I wonder if you hit some sort of unknown size limit. Was it longer than normal?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I wonder if you hit some sort of unknown size limit. Was it longer than normal?

I have wondered that in the past - my Bro Gary recaps get long.

But now the second part won't post. It has no pictures, but does have links, including one that's a text link.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I have wondered that in the past - my Bro Gary recaps get long.

But now the second part won't post. It has no pictures, but does have links, including one that's a text link.

Can you pm me the post? If that won't work, can you email it to me? I'm destiny @ this domain name.

Maybe we do have a length limit, and I surpassed it. :my_blush: How embarrassing. But there's just so much  . . . stuff in Gary's rants, I get carried away.

Shorter posts do seem to be going through.

• Upvote 1

I'm trying this - let's see if the stuff that won't go through on the Gary thread will go through here. I'm breaking it up to see if I can find where the problem is.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+24%3A43-44&version=KJV

Gary destroys this.

The Lord is comin' back.

He does an even more garbled than usual version of his "the cars are still in the church parking lot the day after the service" riff.

Somehow, he turns the idea of being prepared (for the thief in the Biblical metaphor, for the second coming) into how they're "preparatin'" us for Covid, and screams about that for a while. It's coming for us, no matter what we do. But we need to be ready for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

"Ah have - thank God that ah have not - as far as mah knowledgment, knowin' it havin' the Covid. Ah thank God ah haven't got it."

But he knows a lot of people have, and they died and meet their maker. And he wants to preach to Joe Bahden. If he got Jesus, his politician world would change.

And he brags about preaching to "the Navajo President of the Navajo Nations." This time, in increasingly loud screams, he claims he said: "You wanna think this Covid's bad, an' it is a bad thing, an' you wanna think people's dahin' of it, then here's what you gotta do as the President of this Navajo Nation - you've gotta quit shuttin' down churches, you gotta quit trahin' t'make people mendate ohn things, an' you need t'get out there and get BUSY about the Lord Jesus Chra, an' tell 'em about Jesus Chrast, amen? 'Cause he's a president, and he claims t'be saved, an' ah would hate t'be the one that's saved, and not gonna excape somebody from the pitsa Hell! Amen?"

Gary, you are either a filthy liar who knows that all bullshit, or living in an ever-growing fantasy of being the bravest preacher ever.

Gary knows people aren't ready for the second coming, because there's lots of room in the pews.

He revs up to another painfully loud shriek about people who say they know where they have to be and what has to be done (as in, everyday responsibilities), but "No sir! No ma'am! God's work's first!"

He does his riff about people coming early to church and children playing, etc., in the old days.

"We need to put our occupah on Jesus first."

Cranky: "Is ever'body alraht? Mah wahf acts lahk she is, amen. Ah'm just talkin' 'bout when God changes things - hey - ain't always good when He changes things. Luke chapter 22."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke+22%3A61&version=KJV

• Upvote 1

"Now - hey, when the Lord changes, and shows you who you are."

Gary does his ah'm-just-an-old-sinner bit. But people can get prideful.

He screams: "Ahmanna tellya who should be first! Jesus first, others, an' then yourself amen? That means you're the last person on the pole, amen!"

I think you mean low man on the totem pole, Gary.

"Ah pick ohn mah wahf once in a whahl, an' she has a dawg, God bless her heart . . . an' ah tell 'er 'Ah know who's first, an' ah know who's last.' An' ah always tell her she's got the dog, an' th'kids, and the grandkids fixin' t'come ohn the scene - listen, ah'm gittin' further an' further down the pole, amen? Y'know what we've done? We've put Jesus on the back burner, amen?"

Totem pole or stove, Gary - pick an image and stick with it.

Gary, Sunday morning, continued. In yells that escalate to shrieks: "You better be very keerful sayin' 'ah will.' Somebody put on Facebook yesterday, because - ah wanna say, ah personally believe, we've got a lotta these people ya gotta be very - watchin' what's gonna happen on September the 11th - we may have a uhuhuh September the 11th Junior comin' ohn soon."

"Somebody put ohn Facebook an' said all these Telebons are comin'

-----

Trying to add more gets me a message that the post can't be edited, even if I re-type the words rather than C&P. I can't get the next sentence to post separately, either.

Here it is as an image:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d015e57b3075893939a54bd21bff363d.png

Very weird. Almost as weird as Bro Gary himself!

Edited by thoughtful
  • Haha 1

I bet it's because there are so many ' in it. I don't have time to check right now -- early meeting, but I bet the security system is seeing it as a potential attack.

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

I bet it's because there are so many ' in it. I don't have time to check right now -- early meeting, but I bet the security system is seeing it as a potential attack.

Interesting. If it helps at all, I've posted things with many, many more ' - between his habit of dropping syllables an.d final letters, and his habit of quoting others, Bro Gary makes me use a lot of th.em.

In any case, I figured out a way to post the content, by taking screen shots of the doc where I'd stored it so it wouldn't get lost. So don't fuss with it on my account - only if you want the mys.tery solved, or think it might indicate something else that needs to be fixed for the sake of all.

The needs of the many, as Spock says . . .

Edited by thoughtful
riffle

I'm guessing it's a rules on the old server versus rules on the new server thing. TBH, because these posts DO look like an attempt at shenanigans, I probably won't fix it even if I'm right, but i'm still curious about it and will look when I can.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Testing new extension:

️ Coffee (emoji from extension)

Coffee (emoji from UI)

🐴 horse (emoji from extension)

:face_horse:horse face (emoji from UI)

• 9 months later...