IGNORED

TEST THREAD - Smilies, Quotes, Formatting etc

Curious
Coconut Flan
Message added by Coconut Flan,

Moderation test.  

I love greyhounds and lurchers (greyhound cross - I don’t know if you’d call them that in the US), both of which often end up in rescue shelters. They tug at my heartstrings, though Husbean has his heart set on a different breed. We’ll see what happens. I love how greyhounds and lurchers are such couch potatoes at home and then can just run and run when they’re out. I looked after a lurcher for a week when friends went on holiday, and he was an absolute delight. Everyone assumed that we’d been together forever because he would walk so gently next to my wheelchair and then run and run, and then come back and check on me and walk with me for a bit before doing more running. I was so sad to hear that he’d died not so long ago.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Spoiler

@Palimpsest

I have a what looks like a Doberman/whippet Cross/ lurcher. She’s tiny (comparatively) about 35 pounds. I have a small rescue that didn’t happen intentionally. I’m just the last house in the neighborhood before farmland so people drop their sick, elderly, unwanted dogs off way out in the country and the dogs turn around and make it to my house before collapsing. Some I take to the shelter, some I find homes for (not often), many end up staying with us furever. The ones that stay usually have “issues”. Quite a few I’ve had to rush to the vet for emergency care and since I’m on a limited budget most of my debt is for vet care. It’s very sad how many unwanted animals are around us. 

I’m deathly allergic to cats so we very rarely deal with cats. It does happen but I try to keep it minimal, I don’t want to DIE doing this; I just want to help if I can. However, just last week my son found a 2-3 week old kitten in the middle of the road so we now have a kitten too.

Spoiler

9EE0EFD5-768D-4264-8447-537E6A4C25FC.thumb.jpeg.c305ea50995a8ac5b39265e1a55643b2.jpegFE2BFC0B-2B15-431F-B22B-9FFA57164455.thumb.jpeg.91bac2d0195e0fce36075c81aa3cdfb3.jpeg6468D1EA-D9C5-441A-B4E3-C2D167219965.jpeg.8d5d491cdcee2838ccb0b6bda80a6d24.jpegDBDA6976-79ED-4EA3-8A74-BEBFDBFDCF63.thumb.png.6ad9d356ba6242cef978b61a96cf1a7f.png

Gypsy, Nadia, Shiva, Kurt, Koga, Happy, karmin, Peaches, gypsy again, & silver the kitteh 

Spoiler

4422727D-CFD4-419E-9AB0-A9F577A81255.thumb.jpeg.493dbf904a0ff0290172b85bbc4eadbc.jpeg

Lil Bit(ch) 

@Jellybean Lurchers are awesome! It’s not common to call them lurchers in the states but some hunters do. I’ve been calling them that since I first heard the word since it’s such an awesome word! They really are great for energetic walks but couch-potatoing the rest of the time! I do hope Husbean comes around to getting one. The one I have currently is one of the only dogs we didn’t rescue in the “wild”. The shelter contacted me because she was next on the kill list and they really didn’t want to do it. She’d been adopted and returned twice due to being hand shy. She’s the sweetest thing. Mostly just sleeps and then runs when she can. 

Edited by Godless Slūt
Fix spoiler
  • Love 3

I wanted to add that right now I’m living in 2 different states 2500 miles apart. Montana & Mississippi, my sons & their partners hold down the fort in Mississippi when I’m in Montana & my husband holds down the fort in Montana when I’m in Mississippi. Ava is the only rescue in Montana so far. Dogs seem to be better taken care of here for the most part. They even import dogs to the shelters here from the South! 

I was absolutely miserable in Montana without my kids, grand-babies or fur-children. Busy as hell trying to build a house but super miserable. Ava has helped with that so much! She’s really special. 

Her former owner fell on hard times could not feed her enough & also has a neighbor that kept calling the cops because her dog (Ava) looked scary. She didn’t want to risk having to have her put down due to too many complaints so voila my very first Montana dog. Lol. 

• Love 3

@Godless Slūt your animals are just beautiful.  Thank you for all you do.:romance-heartbeating:

I love cats and am not allergic.  However, I've always adopted "harder to adopt greys" who are not necessarily "cat and small animal trainable."  Those dogs linger in the kennels.  Although some of them, like Miss P, have proven to be small animal trainable with time and effort.

Miss W is a lurcher.  That term is definitely used in the US for greyhound crosses. 

We joke about her being part lab, because of her curly tail and endless sloppy kisses.  She may be pure grey - and she looks absolutely grey.  All we know is that she is a love child - and no-one know who daddy was.  Except her retired racing grey mom who isn't telling.  :lol:

• Love 3

:eleventy: < this is my favoritest ever! 

:fsm: FSM rules! 

:soda: I think of this as the JRod emoji

:puke-huge: this of course is the Bro GHaw emoji

Okay that’s enough fun for today lol. 

Edited by Godless Slūt
I’m an idjut
  • Haha 4

@Godless Slūt, aren't the emojis/emoticons fun! I like lots of them, but the animated ones are especially fun. :pb_lol:

:romance-grouphug:   :faint:     :handsex:

:evil-laugh:         :laughing-rolling:        :happy-jumpeveryone:

:happy-bouncymagenta::happy-bouncyred::happy-bouncyyellow::happy-bouncygreen::happy-bouncyblue::happy-bouncymulticolor:

:digging-grave:

I have to stop myself,  or I'll play with them for way too long! :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? They are fun! I had a ton more in the post but I didn’t want to cause anyone issues with all the flashing and blinking Lol! 

I love all of those ones you posted too. Lol I really want to use all of them in all of my posts! 

:digging: especially this one! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

This one is my personal favorite:  :puke-huge:

People can never find it because the code word is "puke" and not "vomit." ;)

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

@Palimpsest I finally found it but it didn’t show up using the word puke! I had seen your post in another forum and was so excited to try it! But alas it wasn’t that easy. Lol

And I’ve just figured out why... it has to be puke and my phone autocorrects it to Puke. Dammit! 

:puke-huge::puke-front: 

Being dyslexic having a phone with autocorrect is a blessing, but it does cause a lot of stupid issues. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I thank you for regularly using that one or referencing it as it saves me from posting it for people.  :)  :group-hug::romance-grouphug:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

On 4/27/2018 at 2:22 PM, Palimpsest said:

You can also find it under "huge". I know, because it comes up when I'm looking for "hug". :my_biggrin:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

:output_eeMbjt:Please excuse the lovemaking vomit-inducing humping. I'm experimenting with the forum features, and of course I had to look for this particular emoticon first. 

On 4/29/2018 at 1:04 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

You can also find it under "huge". I know, because it comes up when I'm looking for "hug". :my_biggrin:

Quotes seem to be working. Also 

Spoiler

spoilers

Maybe? 

But I'm having trouble figuring out how to tag people. I see people being tagged, but I don't know how to do it. Ha! Got it now, I think. @Palimpsest

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

I think. @Palimpsest

You've got it!  Sometimes the tags can be a little slow to come up but they are usually reliable. :)

Also your choice of emoticon made me laugh!

• I Agree 2

On 6/22/2016 at 12:17 AM, ALM7 said:

test how to re-size an image

167wyb.jpg

167wyb.jpg

NEW current test ... re-sizing image

image-title8.thumb.png.7710e5c72c84a330c43d1a28becc373d.png

Note to self ... Double click image, It worked

• Haha 1

20161122_015317.thumb.png.c80b47e2bdd0d6af1e5e9fb40c37a1ff.png

Ooh! It works!  I never tried that before! Thanks, @ALM7!!1!!!!!!11!!!!

• Thank You 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Ooh! It works!  I never tried that before! Thanks, @ALM7!!1!!!!!!11!!!!

What's strange is, I already knew how to do it, I just didn't know I knew, Lol.

The snake test was from two years ago, I guess my minds political turmoil has robbed me of a few memory cells Lol. 

BTW, good message you have in your re-size image!

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

D600C21F-7CFF-44E8-9FBF-4712261A13FC.thumb.jpeg.3356593923190eaa8f416d1d40f0c89b.jpeg

Nope. I can’t get it to work. Are either of you using iPhone?

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Jellybean said:

Nope. I can’t get it to work. Are either of you using iPhone?

No. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge. When I chose the picture to post, it gave me a "double tap to resize" suggestion, but it only lasts a few seconds. 

20180521_214958.thumb.png.4f4d10bc34ba930ea025289eafeb7934.png

I don't know if it's different on iPhone.

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
removed extra picture

I get that same ‘double click/tap to resize’ message but it doesn’t do anything even if I do it with ninja-like speed and dexterity (before the message disappears). Oh well. I’ll save that knowledge for the very rare times that I’m on laptop rather than mobile.  I’m sure you don’t mind too much about that, as it means you get to see my little fluffball in large size and full technicolour. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jellybean said:

I’m sure you don’t mind too much about that, as it means you get to see my little fluffball in large size and full technicolour. 

I'm sorry it doesn't work on your phone. Your fluffball is very lovely! I never mind large pictures. I'm always on my phone, so they're never very big anyway. I never really understand when people apologize for posting large pictures. For me, the bigger, the better!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2013 at 9:27 PM, Izzybee said:

Strikeout ooh! That's fun.

Is there any way to do the Trademark sign here? The "TM" one? I'm terrible with be code.

just practicing  :baseball3: wooo

• bullet
  1. one
  2. two
  3. three

Spoiler

nope

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
Spoiler

Learning to use spoilers.  This is my cat who Mr Kool named Oreo. (So original) If there was sound you could hear puss snoring loudly.

9F9FEF15-BE46-4D24-AFB1-344B1D9871DB.jpeg

Fuck it didn’t work.  Going to try again.

Spoiler

B1453C69-612F-4E14-A4AD-563567D28EAF.thumb.jpeg.774c99d1a3bc5279cbe68d3441235bb1.jpeg

YESSS!

Edited by Don'tlikekoolaid
Added yessssssssss
  • Upvote 3

Practicing emojis now.

:penguin-no::face_chick::special-snowflake1::ram::ignore:  so much fun!

also, I finally have an avatar, I don’t know how I did it but there it is!

the koolaid looks nice like a pretty packaged fundy (hi Jeremy V) just don’t drink the shit.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
Spoiler

IMG_3260.thumb.jpg.11e58f7466ce50a16ecfe36e4addf17d.jpg

This is my attempt at doing spoilers. BTW, meet my 3 cats in a typical pose.

:goldfish:

• Love 5

8 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

BTW, meet my 3 cats in a typical pose.

Beautiful kitties!

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
clarity
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1