IGNORED

Another SOTDRT science fail

meda

Wait, she got Mono from the mould?

Mono, as in what we in Aus call Glandular Fever? Mono as in Mononucleosis?

I'm no doctor and I haven't googled mould toxicity and its symptoms, but Mononucleosis is a viral infection, right? A herpes virus?

How do you get that from mould? It's totally possible she has completely misdiagnosed herself, but you surely cannot get that virus from mould. Does she mean that the mould weakened her immune system and made her susceptible to a Mononucleosis episode because she had previously contacted the virus? I can see how mould toxicity might cause symptoms that mimic those of Mononucleosis (swelling of glands, red throat, breathing issues, fever etc) but that's not the same as having the virus. I wonder if she knows she's saying she has a herpes virus? If she didn't know black mould is toxic I'm guessing not.

If she thinks she got Glandular Fever from the mould I think that's yet another SOTDRT science fail on its own.

Well believing in God got Mary knocked up with Jesus...just sayin' :pray:

I am also deathly allergic to Penicillin. When I discover bread mold, I assume I will react to it, and since I'm fond of breathing in general, I avoid it.

However, I still administer it to patients IV and my children orally. Just because *I* am allergic to it does not negate the fact that it is very beneficial to bacteria that are susceptable to it and people not allergic to it and infected with such bacteria.

And no, if she had blood tests that showed mono, she cannot get that from mold. That is a viral infection.

Mold in and of itself is not a guarantee to make an entire family sick simply because is present. Black mold is toxic and will make a family sick. It should also be cleaned by professionals trained in black mold removal. Poor removal of mold is akin to poor removal of asbestos and dangerous. However, non-toxic molds are not automatically dangerous to every human. Just like anything else you can be allergic to, they can be dangerous to individual humans but are not carte blanche dangerous to everyonen who comes in contact with them.

Okay well ~ not everyone knows that some moulds can be unhealthy.. and not everyone agrees on that either. We lived in a rental for four years with mould on the basement walls and our landlord insisted that it wasn't a health hazard when I asked and just had his maintenance guys scrape and paint every so often. (It kept coming back, so they did too) --- this wasn't a slum or irresponsible landlord either, he's a well respected guy who owns a HUGE amount of properties here and takes care of them well.

My landlord is a well-respected guy who owns huge amounts or property, too. That doesn't make him an expert on mould, nor does it reassure me that he gives two shits about my health. It just means he's wealthy.

What's really sad about Brittney Murphy was that the first assumption that was jumped on was a drug/alcohol overdose, and that was the impression that stuck.

Not to be all anti-medical profession and the media - but there does seem to be a tendency to jump to drug abuse/ stress / self-inflicted problems instead of looking deeper.

Just to clarify, Penicillin is an antibiotic produced by Penincillium sp fungi.

What you are injecting is the antibiotic, not the mold. As well, one person can be allergic to the antibiotic but not the mold spores or be allergic to the mold spores (or even just sensitive) but not the antibiotic. Or be allergic to both.

I remember to be told during one of my mycology classes that when you see a piece of bread with mold on it, you just cannot cut the piece where you see grey/blackish, because usually the mold has already expanded through the whole bread.

Just to clarify, Penicillin is an antibiotic produced by Penincillium sp fungi.

What you are injecting is the antibiotic, not the mold. As well, one person can be allergic to the antibiotic but not the mold spores or be allergic to the mold spores (or even just sensitive) but not the antibiotic. Or be allergic to both.

I remember to be told during one of my mycology classes that when you see a piece of bread with mold on it, you just cannot cut the piece where you see grey/blackish, because usually the mold has already expanded through the whole bread.

Can you please tell my mother that? I've been saying it for years but she insists on cutting around the mould.

My landlord is a well-respected guy who owns huge amounts or property, too. That doesn't make him an expert on mould, nor does it reassure me that he gives two shits about my health. It just means he's wealthy.

I never said he was an expert or anything - the reason I mentioned the "well respected" stuff is because he DOES actually care about his tenants and properties - if something needs fixing, he fixes it. You ask for paint, you get paint & all the supplies to do it. If you garden and make your lot look nice, you can get money back for that. Everybody wants to rent from him LOL .. so yeah, it was just my way of trying to say that he wasn't an uncaring slumlord who just refused to deal with a problem. That's all. :)

Mould in British houses is a huge problem because it's so cold and damp here - and as soon as you see it start you chase it off with bleach and special sprays. Because that's like, you know, common sense. I can't fathom living in a house with a mouldy room for two years. (OK I know that some people have to, because they're living in acute poverty and don't have the resources to remedy the situation but that's clearly not the case here).

Does she really homeschool her kids - given that she also uses the expression 'sugar cote' in that post :shock:

Not all mold is black mold, not even if it is black colored. I cannot believe demolished her bathroom without confirming whether it was black mold or just typicaly bathroom mold!

Geesh people!!!! Penicillin is mold TOO but it's not dangerous for you.

The thing about mold even if it's not black mold is that it's telling you there is a water problem in your house. Some places like the PNW have trouble with mold because of the humid climate. But usually, in your house, if your bathroom is moldy, you need to tear it out and find out where the water feeding the mold is coming from. If you have water in your walls it is only a matter of time before you have termites. Not to mention the rotted floors around the tub and toilet, etc.

And if the mold is coming back, they haven't fixed the problem.

The thing about mold even if it's not black mold is that it's telling you there is a water problem in your house. Some places like the PNW have trouble with mold because of the humid climate. But usually, in your house, if your bathroom is moldy, you need to tear it out and find out where the water feeding the mold is coming from. If you have water in your walls it is only a matter of time before you have termites. Not to mention the rotted floors around the tub and toilet, etc.

I get mould in one bathroom, it is neither humid or water coming from anywhere. It is my hairy partner taking hour long steamy showers every day and an extractor which does not deal with the moisture. As another Brit said it is easily dealt with IF early. I can't imagine living in a mouldy environment. I have a spray that kills that stuff the minute I see it in the tile grout. Bleach is my best friend, however evil it is.

doesn't it say in the bible that if a house has mold it has to be destroyed? (I only know that from one of those Amish docs)

so fundie fail, not even following the bible.

What's really sad about Brittney Murphy was that the first assumption that was jumped on was a drug/alcohol overdose, and that was the impression that stuck.

Not to be all anti-medical profession and the media - but there does seem to be a tendency to jump to drug abuse/ stress / self-inflicted problems instead of looking deeper.

Your post made me go look up Ms. Murphy. I had not heard about the toxic mold connection before. I guess the original news reports get noticed more than the later dated corrections. How sad for her and her widower that most people don't even know the real story. Makes it even more tragic.

Mold in and of itself is not a guarantee to make an entire family sick simply because is present. Black mold is toxic and will make a family sick. It should also be cleaned by professionals trained in black mold removal. Poor removal of mold is akin to poor removal of asbestos and dangerous. However, non-toxic molds are not automatically dangerous to every human. Just like anything else you can be allergic to, they can be dangerous to individual humans but are not carte blanche dangerous to everyone who comes in contact with them.

This.

And have others have said, just because the mold is black, does not mean it's the awful "black mold." But if you are in doubt about the kind of mold, you call in a professional.

Can you please tell my mother that? I've been saying it for years but she insists on cutting around the mould.

The rule of thumb about mold on food is that if it's a hard food like cheese, cut off the mold, it's fine, but a soft food like bread, throw out the whole thing.

I do have to say that what bothers me the most about this is that she is one of the type who seems to think that doctors are worth nothing and that if you only eat the right food everything will be okay. Yeah, eating a good diet will help keep you healthy, but it won't keep you healthy from EVERYTHING. Sometimes illnesses happen, and sometimes you need doctors too.

I can't understand why ANYONE would allow their family remain sick for 2 years! And she didn't want to sugar "cote" the problem. Okay.

THat woman is certifiable!

She also likes "marshmellows" and "smoores."

trinaholden.com/2013/01/what-we-did-with-all-that-snow/

Archived