IGNORED

That Wife Pontificates

Morton Fan

Also, on her blog, she asks people to remember to call ThatGirl T2. But she posts a photo of her baby with the girl's name for all the world to see... :?

I know she does that so the name can't be googled, but it might be worth just not mentioning the name online at all if she's that concerned.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know she does that so the name can't be googled, but it might be worth just not mentioning the name online at all if she's that concerned.

She's not really concerned if she posted the name. I think she just thinks the whole "T" scheme is cute and makes her look clever.

ETA: oh heavens. According to Twitter, she's cloth diapering again. Say it ain't so. THIS is TW's version of nighttime cloth diapering:

thatwifeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/c554e57.jpeg

Horrific. That Horrible Mother should be ashamed of herself.

Yeah. I don't have any children (yet? maybe?) so I guess I shouldn't talk, but I'm pretty sure my birth plan is "no unnecessary people in the room and if I demand drugs, give them to me."

I had a photographer in the room with me and I'm glad I did. I'm a huge scrapbooker so I wanted pictures of my labor, giving birth, and right after birth. Granted I made sure that only I saw any of the photos that showed too much (DH and Mom also saw since a few I wasn't too sure about and wanted a second opinion). I'm really glad I have pictures of when she was first placed on my chest, DH and his face when looking at his daughter, etc. I'm also happy I got the "cleaned up" pictures of DD and our family but the "in the moment" pictures are really special to me as well.

I had a photographer in the room with me and I'm glad I did. I'm a huge scrapbooker so I wanted pictures of my labor, giving birth, and right after birth. Granted I made sure that only I saw any of the photos that showed too much (DH and Mom also saw since a few I wasn't too sure about and wanted a second opinion). I'm really glad I have pictures of when she was first placed on my chest, DH and his face when looking at his daughter, etc. I'm also happy I got the "cleaned up" pictures of DD and our family but the "in the moment" pictures are really special to me as well.

Your photos are about you, your DH and your baby. They reflect that, I am sure. I love seeing pictures of when parents see their child for the first time. It is beautiful.

Seems to me that with TW, it is all about her. Babies are an accessory, like a designer bag or cute shoes. Take them out, parade them around, and put them back in the closet/bathroom/child storage room.

I have to admit that ThatWife and ThatAsshole make super cute kids. But the "T1" and "T2" confuse me - what does "T" mean? I keep thinking it means "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" ala Dr. Suess, but that can't be right... :?

I have to admit that ThatWife and ThatAsshole make super cute kids. But the "T1" and "T2" confuse me - what does "T" mean? I keep thinking it means "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" ala Dr. Suess, but that can't be right... :?

It's because she's "That Wife," and he's "That Husband," so she thought it would be clever to have her babies be "That 1" and "That 2," a.k.a. T1 and T2.

It's because she's "That Wife," and he's "That Husband," so she thought it would be clever to have her babies be "That 1" and "That 2," a.k.a. T1 and T2.

Ah, ok! Thanks for explaining! :)

Ah, ok! Thanks for explaining! :)

Is it wrong that I think calling your children "thing 1", "Thing 2", etc. would actually be really cute? I love Dr. Seuss :D

If a Mormon kid turns atheist, will the rest of his family be able to get to the CK without him? Or does his dropping out doom the entire family?

From what I've read, the "righteous" rest of the family would be OK, but would be deprived of the company of the atheist kid in the afterlife. It would be the heavenly version of "Sorry, folks, our spoiled, self-centered son won't be joining us for our lovely family Thanksgiving dinner because it's so much more important for him to spend time with his friends. :roll: "

ok, granted I am a bitch and someone who really does not care about the birth experience, but a professional photographer at a birth? Really? How is this a thing? Why would anyone want this to be a thing? When I do this in 5 months I expect to in pain and dealing with a variety of bodily fluids. I do not want to pay to have the experience photographed and put on a website. I understand a few pictures being taken informally by family, but anything else seems very odd to me.

I was kind of thinking about this last night, but not feeling bitchy enough. Especially because her face is really puffy in those photos and does not look good, maybe because she just gave birth.

I am a huge photographer and scrapbooker. I take pictures of everything. My kid is Little Miss Photogenic because she has been looking down the lens of a camera since she was born. Now, I hand off the camera enough so I'm in them, but a lot of the time I am behind it.

Even I didn't want pictures done in labor. I have pics afterwards of the nurse handing me my daughter, her father holding her, first bath with Dad and all that stuff, but really after a quick six-hour labor with no drugs I was not feeling all photogenic. I will admit to having pregnancy glamour shots done, and they were very nice.

Maybe it is a Mormon thing. (ducks) I read another blog where the couple is LDS and the guy put banana peels into his wife's half-eaten container of ice cream (which then froze solidly into it) as a "hint" that she needed to think about losing weight. She wasn't even that big. :roll:

I know a Mormon woman who does something similar to her husband. I get the impression that there's a big focus on perfect health in LDS society.

I know a Mormon woman who does something similar to her husband. I get the impression that there's a big focus on perfect health in LDS society.

I think there's stress on presenting a "perfect picture". I'm not sure about obesity, but there appears to be pressure to have large families, SAHM, nice homes ect. FWIW, I've met some Mormons in my time, and they don't appear slimmer compared to the general population.

From what I've read, the "righteous" rest of the family would be OK, but would be deprived of the company of the atheist kid in the afterlife. It would be the heavenly version of "Sorry, folks, our spoiled, self-centered son won't be joining us for our lovely family Thanksgiving dinner because it's so much more important for him to spend time with his friends. :roll: "

So basically, Susan in the Narnia series?

That Wife has a new post up about how easy it is to have two children and how T1 and T2 look or don't look alike as newborns. Yawn.

thatwifeblog.com/2013/02/11/a-quick-thought-on-two-kids-at-just-shy-of-a-week-post-partum/

ok, granted I am a bitch and someone who really does not care about the birth experience, but a professional photographer at a birth? Really? How is this a thing? Why would anyone want this to be a thing? When I do this in 5 months I expect to in pain and dealing with a variety of bodily fluids. I do not want to pay to have the experience photographed and put on a website. I understand a few pictures being taken informally by family, but anything else seems very odd to me.

OMG this. My favorite quote from that blog was:

" Mom is a photographer herself and had expressed how important lighting is to her. We were so lucky with our timeline. I drove to her home just as the sun was rising. By the time baby Marie made her way into this world we were bathed in gorgeous window light. "

So glad the baby decided to come on mom's timeline of "gorgeous light" so that they didn't have to use, you know, artificial light sources and make the pictures UGLY! :)

So basically, Susan in the Narnia series?

OMG LucySnowe, I am laughing so hard! I always thought it was so /mean/ that poor Susan was damned for all eternity because she liked boys (that is how I remember understanding it, anyway)!

My understanding is that a woman can never reach a higher level in the CK than her husband. So no matter how godly you are as a bread-baking, baby-making, canning-and-preserving, president of the Relief Society, if your husband runs off with another woman you are screwed in this life and in the next.

My understanding is that a woman can never reach a higher level in the CK than her husband. So no matter how godly you are as a bread-baking, baby-making, canning-and-preserving, president of the Relief Society, if your husband runs off with another woman you are screwed in this life and in the next.

Entirely possible, from what I've read. Many ex-Mormons complain that they find that LDS theology is rather "make it up as you go along" amongst the higher-ups. On some occasions, when a dissenter presents them with some oddball bit of doctrine s/he's been exposed to, s/he's told, "I don't know that we teach that [any more]."

Back on track: I will never, ever understand people who get married or have kids just because they're "supposed to" or expected to by their families.

I once had a co-worker who got pregnant shortly after her wedding. She was constantly nattering on about how well-to-do her husband and his family were, and was very braggy about being able to quit her job once the baby came. She told us all that she wasn't going to breastfeed because she "didn't want to be tied down to the baby every four hours." I told her, "When you're breastfeeding, it's more like every two--or even more often," and her jaw dropped.

By the time her baby was three months old, she had gone out and gotten another job because she couldn't stand to be stuck at home. She brought the baby to visit, but it was obvious she was a nervous wreck and didn't enjoy being around him at all. She exuded "Not Cut Out To Be a Mother" vibes.

But it got worse: Her little boy was less than two when she had another one. (Oh, and her affluent husband lost his job and his shirt in risky investments and had to sell their McMansion and move into a relative's little rental apartment.)

The whole "That wife leading that life" part of her blog is gross. Her blog is gross. Why would someone say "HEY LOOK AT ME BE JEALOUS" if you want someone to be jealous of you, don't ask them to be.

I believe it's been five days since That Wife posted a picture of T1. Bear in mind, she's posted approximately infinity pictures of T2. I understand she's a newborn, you're excited, etc. but couldn't you at least get a few pics of them together to post??

I believe it's been five days since That Wife posted a picture of T1. Bear in mind, she's posted approximately infinity pictures of T2. I understand she's a newborn, you're excited, etc. but couldn't you at least get a few pics of them together to post??

T Who?

Oh, That One.

Archived