IGNORED

Michelle Duggar's latest ramblings. I fixed it for you

Buzzard

Here we go again... that damn red pen just wont stay put!

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/fa ... pgn=fbtlc1

My kids love to play games. Recently, they’ve become four-square champs! Not the evil iphone four square that lets you get discounted things or check in with your friends outside, the one that keeps them home, safe from outside influences. We’ve got a tile floor on the downstairs level of our home, and there’s an area by the front door that doesn’t have anything on the floor – no furniture, just an entryway. Its also the only part of the house thats warm, since the tiles are heated. My children have put up a small four-square court. They put masking tape on the floor and have sectioned off a little play area. I tell you what, we they have played more four square right there in our house than outside. Which is great because I can stay upstairs in my rocker and the girls dont have to worry about them wandering off into the vineyard. Jessa is very concerned one of them will catch a ride with a fan who happens by. Typically, I’m the one who says, “No balls in the house because you’re going to break something,†but we’ve they've had so much fun with only a few casualties: They knocked over a cup of hot cocoa when a ball bounced, but that’s it. I didnt even know about it until I called for my cocoa and had to wait an extra 45 seconds for Jill to microwave a new one. I dont know why she didnt do it immediately, she knows I get my cocoa at 2:28 PM daily. We’ve They've done pretty well with it so far, and the kids love it. It hasnt had a major impact on my life so they can keep playing. They have had so much fun and I dont have to do jack shit!

They play board games a lot; they have recently discovered a fun game called “Layers.†Everybody gets three little strips of paper, and they write a person, place or a thing on each one. Then, each person turns in his or her papers. You pull out a piece of paper and someone has to guess what’s on it. The first round, you get to describe it with words and hand motions. Then, the second round is just a one-word description. For the last round, you can only use gestures. Jessa is very careful to ensure that the gestures dont cross the unholy line into dancing. That’s it. So it gets harder and harder every round. It’s a lot of fun, I've heard. I'm not sure why its called a "board" game considering there isnt a board. I think they really like it because it reminds them of the joys of voting to name our next blessing. I think there will be some votes for "Jayers" based on how much they love the game.

Another thing the kids really enjoy doing together is playing music and singing. We They all have instruments and we they practice our their music every day. I'm very strict about when they practice. It cant be during my nap time, soak time, reading time, or any time I'm on the phone with someone more important than they are. Pretty much, they can practice between 9 and 9:07 am unless we're on a trip to save the murdered babies. I’ve noticed The girls tell me that they’re getting out their instruments more often because it’s so cold outside. They can’t go out and do their usual activities outdoors. So they’ll get their instruments down, and they’ll all sit around in the living room and just play music – piano, violin, guitar and mandolin -- a real jam session. They’re practicing, singing and enjoying playing music together. I spent most of the last week in San Juan, so I wouldnt know personally. I assume t’s a very special family activity.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every Friday except holidays and foreign trips it seems.

This is just brilliant, Buzzard. As Ramona Singer of the Real Housewives of New York would say "Koodooze".

I have played Four Square once many years ago when I went to Vacation Bible School with my cousin at their ELCA church. I can't imagine a more boring game.

Jessa is very careful to ensure that the gestures dont cross the unholy line into dancing.

Don't they know David danced to the Lord? Is this left out of their Bible?

Why, yes. It is!

edited to correct punctuation

Don't forget Moses' sister Miriam and his brother Aaron leading the israelites in dance after they crossed the Red Sea

I have played Four Square once many years ago when I went to Vacation Bible School with my cousin at their ELCA church. I can't imagine a more boring game.

You weren't playing it right. ;) We were vicious in grade school and you had to get good really quickly, otherwise you were going to spend every game waiting your turn.

I know this is gonna sound ridiculous that I don't know this, but what is 4 square?

It's a game that has to have at least 4 squares, but can go up by multiples of 2 so it can be as many as you like.

A square is usually an area about 4 sq feet. Lead square (server) is A square. B square is next to it, C square is in front of it, D square is in front of B square, and so on. There is one kid to a square.

A square serves the ball. The ball must bounce off the ground, then A hits it into another square. That person lets it bounce and hits it into another square, and so on. The person who misses the ball is out, and must go to the end square. At that point, the kids below each move up a square. The goal is to become A square. There's no actual winning in 4 square, you just try to stay in A square as long as you can.

Wow. Nostalgia. :D

I didnt even know about it until I called for my cocoa and had to wait an extra 45 seconds for Jill to microwave a new one. I dont know why she didnt do it immediately, she knows I get my cocoa at 2:28 PM daily.

:lol:

Question, are their tiles actually heated?

I doubt she actually writes. It sounds like she dictates to someone over the phone, and they type it out.

I also don't think she writes them. I also think she dictates over the phone to someone or she sends emails and someone writes the articles based off the emails. There were two parentables article that really pissed me off was from last year. Mullet claimed that a few of the kids were dyslexic and she said that was part of the reason they homeschooled. The article didn't mention any resources for dealing with dyslexia. If Mullet didn't write that, I think it is crappy of TLC to write about Mullet's claims and expect people to take it serious. I remember a guy who commented on the TLC site and ripped Mullet apart. The guy had a son with dyselxia. The parentables article that pissed me off was Mullet claiming that Josiah could do accounting apprenticeships and she also said something about certain trades not needing training or vocational education.

It's a game that has to have at least 4 squares, but can go up by multiples of 2 so it can be as many as you like.

A square is usually an area about 4 sq feet. Lead square (server) is A square. B square is next to it, C square is in front of it, D square is in front of B square, and so on. There is one kid to a square.

A square serves the ball. The ball must bounce off the ground, then A hits it into another square. That person lets it bounce and hits it into another square, and so on. The person who misses the ball is out, and must go to the end square. At that point, the kids below each move up a square. The goal is to become A square. There's no actual winning in 4 square, you just try to stay in A square as long as you can.

Wow. Nostalgia. :D

I just took a nice walk down memory lane...

:lol:

Question, are their tiles actually heated?

She rambled recently about energy savings due to their radiant flooring, that was why I added that. I assume that much is true

I doubt she actually writes. It sounds like she dictates to someone over the phone, and they type it out.

I'd be surprised if she even does that much. This one actually contains some new information, but most of them are just random bits of fluff you can read in their books or see in old episodes/Q&As that they've done.

They showed them installing the radiant floor heating in their first special. I'm actually surprised they thought that far ahead, but maybe it was suggested in the tinker toy kit.

4QdqU_PQVzo

A walk down memory lane. The floor thing is at the end. And you can get the recipe for tater tot casserole!!

Why exactly were the tiny children learning bankruptcy laws in that video?

Because Gothard thinks the little ones need to know about money. You need to watch the early specials they make me laugh :dance:

Why exactly were the tiny children learning bankruptcy laws in that video?

She was preparing the little girls in advance, for when they marry some entitled headship with no head for business, who doesn't know shit from Shinola.

I must have tuned out the bankruptcy wisdom books. She is such an unenthusiastic teacher.

You know every time I watch the 14 Children and Pregnant again I think- they really didn't need to go shopping and She is really only teaching 7 year old Joy-Anna the bankruptcy lesson. Her name is the only one Michelle says. If I remember correctly there are different 'levels' of the wisdom booklets and Jill, John David, Jana may have heard that lesson 4+ times Josh- even more. The other kids besides Joy are pretty much teaching themselves. Correct me if I'm wrong. I need to look it up. Michelle explains it in the 20 and counting book

Edited because I found a link : ati.iblp.org/ati/about/curriculum/

For those who never saw- you can view a wisdom booklet- don't get too excited

Archived