IGNORED

Michelle Duggar's latest ramblings. I fixed it for you

Buzzard

It has been so long that I don't really remember how the wisdom booklets worked. We just read them and didn't really use them for teaching. The only part I remember was the one that you have to go to the mall and judge people by how they are dressed. And then there is one about making bread.

Judging people by their clothes was an actual lesson? :shock: My [heathen] parents and grandparents would be appalled at their manners. Were you taught how to respond if someone confronted you? And how would you know if you were right, unless you asked?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those who never saw- you can view a wisdom booklet- don't get too excited

My favourite part is the 'science' page - and then you go to the test and there's absolutely no questions about bacteria.

I just checked out the ATI module on "mourning". Good grief is this what SOTDRT considers to be appropriate? In this specific module the science section is about plowing and pi. To my heathen eyes the way they make the leap to those topics seems vague at best and totally random at worst. Information is simply presented with little or no context or development and no references beyond the Biblical. It is so strange. I am used to learning science in an orderly fashion - first the basic principles then a gradual building of information. This way you can think through new/novel situations by going back to first principles and working through things. The ATI way just hands out some random facts for memorization.

Judging people by their clothes was an actual lesson? :shock: My [heathen] parents and grandparents would be appalled at their manners. Were you taught how to respond if someone confronted you? And how would you know if you were right, unless you asked?

How can you be a good fundie if you aren't judging people by how they dress? You were supposed to just sit quietly and watch people, so hopefully no one would confront you. We didn't actually go and do this because we wore shorts and jeans at home. :lol:

Nappy = diaper here. It seemed very odd the first time I read through it. I was thinking maybe she meant they had a clean nappy for 15 mins. :lol:

Yup! Nappy time for me means, go take your stinky ass to daddy and hand him some wipes and cream. Or just do it myself, sigh.

parentables.howstuffworks.com/family-matters/bedtime-duggar-kids.html#mkcpgn=fbtlc1

She seriously doesn't take ten minutes to put the babies down for a NAP???

I’ll The girls announce to Josie and to Jordan, “It’s happy nappy time in 15 minutes, so we’re going to have a snack and then get ready for happy nappy time.â€

Aaannd...they misspelled Jordyn's name again. I would say that's more evidence Michelle doesn't write this shit, but of course she wouldn't know one way or the other.

Buzzard, you are Good. I look forward to your fixes! Seriously, "happy nappy practice" .... Just NO. You'd think she would be embarrassed to share such a thing. :roll:

Nappy = diaper here. It seemed very odd the first time I read through it. I was thinking maybe she meant they had a clean nappy for 15 mins. :lol:

And it is a term for African-American hair here. It is usually considered pejorative although some blacks embrace it to take the power out of it the same way many gay people embrace the term queer.

The question was:

Did any of your children have issues with settling down at bedtime or staying in their own bed for the night?

Presumably this mother is having a hard time getting their child to go to sleep AT NIGHT or staying there. MOTY responds by rambling about naptime (not the question) and pretty much tells them to shut the fuck up and let the kids in bed with her.

Awesome advice, Michelle. Next time why even pretend to answer a question?

I think thats all Michelle could put because she does not put the kids to bed, the kids put themselves and kids younger than them to bed. If you wanted to know which of the kids had trouble going to bed at night, maybe you should ask the Jslaves. They should be the ones writing these.

She probably only lets the kids get in bed with her because its easier than sending them back to their own beds (which I dont think all of the kids have, Im sure theres less beds than kids in the rooms).

And it is a term for African-American hair here. It is usually considered pejorative although some blacks embrace it to take the power out of it the same way many gay people embrace the term queer.

Like Michelle knows any black people!

She probably only lets the kids get in bed with her because its easier than sending them back to their own beds (which I dont think all of the kids have, Im sure theres less beds than kids in the rooms).

I can't believe the little girls would go down the hall vs. crawling in with their sister-moms in the same room. I find it hard to believe the younger boys would, but maybe they're banned from the girls' room once they reach a certain age.

Listen Duggar parents! Just admit it--you have too many kids for you to do your parenting job adequately. What you're doing is delegating, not parenting! People like us would hate you less if you just admitted to this truth, got some paid nannies, let your older daughters be the young childless women they ARE, and made an actual effort to be involved in your kids lives. No, knowing what flavor pickle they like does not count, nor does sussing out any tiny secrets or sins.

I wonder if they ever bought more beds for the girls. I'm kind of doubting it because it they haven't done an episode about it, and that seems like prime episode material, but maybe they have. I would certainly hope so, because the youngest girls are way, way too old for pack'n'plays (though they never should have slept in those in the first place).

Listen Duggar parents! Just admit it--you have too many kids for you to do your parenting job adequately. What you're doing is delegating, not parenting! People like us would hate you less if you just admitted to this truth, got some paid nannies, let your older daughters be the young childless women they ARE, and made an actual effort to be involved in your kids lives. No, knowing what flavor pickle they like does not count, nor does sussing out any tiny secrets or sins.

I was thinking about this the other day because I was watching The Brady Bunch. Remember when having six kids was considered crazy large, and more than enough reason to have a full-time maid?

I wonder if they ever bought more beds for the girls. I'm kind of doubting it because it they haven't done an episode about it, and that seems like prime episode material, but maybe they have. I would certainly hope so, because the youngest girls are way, way too old for pack'n'plays (though they never should have slept in those in the first place).

Nine women and girls in one room. A room that had what, only four beds in it originally?

My guess is that at most they've added a mattress or two on the floor. And that there is a lot of doubling up. Can’t imagine its much fun for grown ass women to share beds with little siblings. Especially not when they've been on a TV show for years and Daddy has megabucks.

Can’t imagine its much fun for grown ass women to share beds with little siblings.

That's for sure, especially if any of the little girls tend to have accidents. Some of the older girls must be praying for Prince Charming morning and night.

The question was:

Presumably this mother is having a hard time getting their child to go to sleep AT NIGHT or staying there. MOTY responds by rambling about naptime (not the question) and pretty much tells them to shut the fuck up and let the kids in bed with her.

Awesome advice, Michelle. Next time why even pretend to answer a question?

M & JB have said many times that they are late nighters. The last thing that happens is Bible time with Daddy and most of the littles can't stay awake, so I picture them dropping off on a sister's lap and then being taken to bed.

That's why Michelle can't tell anyone how to get kids to go to bed and stay there at a normal bed time. Also probably explains why they aren't ready for their naps. They fall asleep whenever, they wake up whenever. There is no routine except "happy nappy time" so that Michelle can have some peace and quiet.

There is no exact age to start them learning phonics; some of them may be ready earlier than others. Josh was four. I was so excited to get started by that point. I was chomping at the bit! I’d sit him down at the counter with me and I’d get out his phonics curriculum. We started by spending 15 minutes at a time. Sometimes we would go for 30 minutes, and then even 45 minutes. He was very able to sit and pay attention. And so I just really went overboard with him!

Um, how is this homeschooling? My mom taught me how to read at age 4 too, even though I was in preschool and she fully intended to send me to public school. I don't know many parents who don't sit down for at least 10-15 minutes a day with their kids and a book/flash cards/phonics program.

TL;DR version: I wanted to homeschool so our kids could be together 24/7. I taught them how to read and basically nothing else until the girls were old enough to take over. Now they pretty much learn everything from a computer program and I don't have to be responsible for anything. Praise Jesus!

Archived