IGNORED

Five Blossoms From China

LilMissMetaphor

I just found this blog: realizethegirlsdream.blogspot.com

This is what the HEADER says. Can you believe it? She starts out by complaining about the expense.

We started to adopt a 13 year old from China.While doing our paperwork, an urgent appeal went out saying if noone adopted a deaf 13.5 year old girl by Feb. she would never be adopted.Her future would be bleak,possibly on the streets. We chose to adopt both girls.We are home now & have both girls. This decision has been difficult on us financially.We are hoping to recover in a year or so.

Kathleen, the mom, keeps referring to one of her adopted daughters as "my deaf daughter". Instead of using pseudonyms or initials, it was constantly the label of "my deaf daughter". It was off-putting so I kept reading to see what else struck me as odd.

Turns out Kathleen was 57 at the time of the latter two adoptions, (she's now 60-something), and in almost every other post she is constantly complaining about how stressed and ragey she is, how busy she is and how unhelpful her husband is. So why. Did. You. Adopt. Again.

...Couple this with last night and the past 12 hours have not been great. Before rushing out for my EMT duties, the two abandoned bunnies created HAVOC with my other bunnies. The only way to fit them in was between two of my bunnies' cages. Apparently since they both were fixed just a day ago their hormones were raging so I had to separate the two new ones so their stitches didn't burst during attempted hanky panky. Great now I needed to create ANOTHER space that I didn't have. This of course set off more chaos. My two new bunnies started running around trying to get at my two bunnies (On either side of them), jumping climbing, hopping to see or get at each other. My two who are usually pretty calm were going berserk. But with new smells and everyone pooping and marking their territories.... I was up to 1:30 this morning calming down my two bunnies with floor time and treats. Then everything was quiet.

I came down this morning, after dealing with my daughter and saw one of my bunnies and a new bunny (male) trying to fight each other through the enclosure and thick towel separating them. And found my other bunny had escaped sometime last night, or should I say this morning since I didn't leave them until 1:30. This bunny is only about 3 pounds, very tiny. She could have been anywhere in three large rooms. It's 6:30 in the morning at this point I call my twins down to help me find her. They come running down in all manner of getting dressed and we start looking. I call her name several times, nothing then out of the corner of my eye I see something coming towards my feet. YES! It was her! I scooped her up. That is the first and only time she has ever come to me when I called. After this came the final drama with my deaf daughter. I'm tired.

She's more worried about the damn rabbits than she is about the human children!

There've been no posts since May of 2011 and you'll see that the most recent revelation is that the "deaf daughter" may not have even been an orphan.

I'm dying to know what has become of this poor kid. I'm pretty sure I have the full name of the mom and her husband, but I can't find any recent info about them online. Maybe someone else can.

Wow...what a way to leave things hanging! I just hurt for that girl after reading the last entry. How frightening to be taken away from her school, home, and a family that seemingly loves her. I would love to know what happened as well. I hope the girl from the last blog entry was able to be returned to her family.

That whole blog has left me with a really strange feeling. Of all the craziness I read about on FJ, and THIS makes my "spidey sense" go haywire. :?

Guest Anonymous

So the parents adopted 5 children and found the fifth one a drain because of the additional finance and the fact that she is deaf? And then it transpired (via report allegedly from the child herself) that the fifth child's adoption was not legal... Was the girl 'paid forward' I wonder?

isn't this lady the same as some other fundie blogger who blogged about her 'egg rolls' from China?

I hope that if the deaf daughter really wan't supposed to be adopted, that they found her family and she got to go home....but I am worried that maybe she WAS supposed to be adopted and wasn't told. These weren't her birth parents in China, but a family that found her as a baby. I wonder if the parents in China decided that it was too expensive to raise a child with a disability and got rid of her....

Boy, all these fundies and child collectors make me cynical!

Oh wow, that is unbelievably sad :(

The silence makes me think that perhaps something is going on, and there was some truth in the 'bombshell' from the daughter.

If so, then I hope things have been resolved.

US Immigration policy is that once a child has been granted visa and citizenship, they DO NOT revoke those, even if the adoption is later proven to be fradulent.

The story doesn't surprise me in the least. Even if true, it's not an uncommon theme around the world in international adoptions. The answer is not to send her back, especially if you are not certain it's completely true, but to help her grieve.

isn't this lady the same as some other fundie blogger who blogged about her 'egg rolls' from China?

No, unfortunately, there are quite a few of these "look at my China doll" collectors, she's just the most recent I came across.

Archived