IGNORED

Muncks Adding to Quiver?

Belle0000

Just throwing in that my sister and 1 are 10 years apart with no siblings inbetween. My Mom had fertility issues, so they thought they would just have me. Then SUPRISE! But it was a good suprise. My sister and I have been very close our entire lives, and now that she is 19 and in college we have even more fun together. I coached her soccer team and was an assistant Girl Scout Leader for her troop. Now we hang out, talk politics and travel together. So our relationship has evolved, but in a great way.

So all this to say - people thinking about having kids far apart in age, it does not mean that your kids will never be close. It is absolutely possible.

Your story sounds like a friend mine from High school she & her sister r 10 years apart (she 32 her sister is 43). They r very close. My friend has a 2 year old & her sister kids r 16 & 14.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sister and I are about 8 years apart. There is my brother in between us (5 years younger than me) so I don't think of it as as big a gap as I might without him. But I have always been pretty close to both of my siblings. In my case I think the age gap helps because we were never competing with each other. My sister and brother have never really gotten along that well - it could be the similar age, but I think it also has to do with their personalities. Hopefully that will change as they grow up and maybe mellow out a little. haha

I think a big age gap can work, as long as you aren't forcing the older kid(s) to be a co-parent.

I think a big age gap can work, as long as you aren't forcing the older kid(s) to be a co-parent.

Agree with you. We have a close family friend who's kids r 8 years apart. They r a boy & a girl & r very close. I think part of it has to do w/ fact that the boy really wanted a sibling so he happy to help out w/ his sister & when he got his drivers license he would take her out to lunch, when he went off to college she was very upset because she missed him so much.

My sister and I are almost eight years apart (I'm older) and have no other siblings. We're probably not as close as we once were, since we have different interests and lives as adults, but we love each other very much.

My husband has a brother close in age and a much younger sister. I sort of like the dynamic and wish we could do the same, but seeing as we don't have even one kid yet and I'm 35, well...

Totally irrelevant but damn the Munck little girls are beautiful. Ruth Ella and Mary Ann are just adorable, and so adored. While I dislike fundiedom, at least these kids will be doted upon.

They just finished reading Charlotte's Web. Of course if Elizabeth had gone ahead and married Joseph, she'd be reading Moody books to her kids at night instead of E. B White.

They just finished reading Charlotte's Web. Of course if Elizabeth had gone ahead and married Joseph, she'd be reading Moody books to her kids at night instead of E. B White.

Those Moody books... I have no words :shock:

Totally irrelevant but damn the Munck little girls are beautiful. Ruth Ella and Mary Ann are just adorable, and so adored. While I dislike fundiedom, at least these kids will be doted upon.

I agree. They do appear to be a (truly) loving family and the children are well cared-for. I also like that the birthday celebrations they do are so personalized.

And the toddler reading God Made Puppies is adorable.

Did someone here write this comment on their blog:

I also found it curious that the Mawell's did a post about a baby shower the same day Mama Monk posted that photo of "tea for two," seems like too much of a coincidence to me. Gad, I think I need to take a break from these fundie blogs. :lol:

I love that they left that in!

Lucky break for the Maxwells, actually: think of the irony of Poor Sarah having to at least acknowledge (if not celebrate) the pregnancy of a woman in her 40s who already has a large family and home of her own...while PS cleans, takes photos, writes tedious children's books, plays with her brothers' kids and attends 5 am Bible study, allowed to hug her sisters, parents and the aforementioned kids at age 31-almost-32.

Although, reading over it, it's not a bad life compared to lots of folks'. Still, I wouldn't want it. And Mrs. Munck "in her face" all glowing and FUN-loving, just would not be easy to bear. Who knows?

Ya know, it's so funny that this new baby is due to be born almost one year after Liz's wedding date to Joe. One year later, the Muncks will be playig with a new baby and Joe will be a single man/boy in Stevie's house. All while his own house sits vacant....

Ya know, it's so funny that this new baby is due to be born almost one year after Liz's wedding date to Joe. One year later, the Muncks will be playig with a new baby and Joe will be a single man/boy in Stevie's house. All while his own house sits vacant....

Nice observation.

• 3 weeks later...

I am totally rubbish with bumps, but Mum Munck has a big bump for 15 weeks? Or maybe just normal after a gazillion babies?

I am totally rubbish with bumps, but Mum Munck has a big bump for 15 weeks? Or maybe just normal after a gazillion babies?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe twins? Maybe it's just how she's standing....

I love all the Valentine treats. :D Liz would have been so sad to be a Maxwell with no celebrations, pepsi, or excessive animal cracker eating.... :cry:

She does look big for 15 weeks, but I think it's a combination of her being so normally slender and the fact that she's had so many pregnancies.

And I must say, I am completely impressed with the Valentine's Day spread. Holy cow -- she really is creative when it comes to celebrations. I can only think some of the girls help with all that preparation, right? I want to hire her to come put on a party at my house.

Right now I am pregnant with our first and my FIL, who is 60, and his new wife are also expecting. Our due dates are a couple months apart. They are first. My husband is the youngest and there will be a 30 year gap between my husband and his new half-sib. All I can foresee is awkward.

Since all the Munck kids still live at home the 20+ year gap between Elizabeth and the newest one won't be as apparent. Living together, I would bet, makes it easier to view the arrival as a sibling.

Right now I am pregnant with our first and my FIL, who is 60, and his new wife are also expecting. Our due dates are a couple months apart. They are first. My husband is the youngest and there will be a 30 year gap between my husband and his new half-sib. All I can foresee is awkward.

Since all the Munck kids still live at home the 20+ year gap between Elizabeth and the newest one won't be as apparent. Living together, I would bet, makes it easier to view the arrival as a sibling.

weiwei- This actually happens in many families, even today. My oldest cousin is a year younger than my father, so they basically grew up together. I have second cousins on my mother's side who are my age, my mother a generation older than her own first cousins.

It makes for a wonderfully rich blend of relationships. I absolutely love it!

Archived