IGNORED

love children? You are just like Hitler

linnea27

The latest in the fundies "If we don't like you, you are just like Hitler" posts. This one makes even less sense than usual.

growinghomeblog.com/2013/01/for-sake-of-childrenor.html?m=1

Classic Godwin fail.

BTW, in that quote, Hitler isn't actually pro-children. He's just saying that if you control a state and want to get the support of the people, declare that you are doing things for the sake of the children. When it came to actual children - especially those from backgrounds considered to be "subhuman" - they were generally the first to be killed.

Of course, I could turn this argument around. After all, how many of those who want to limit women's freedoms claim to be it in the name of the children ("pre-born" or otherwise)?

Of course, I could turn this argument around. After all, how many of those who want to limit women's freedoms claim to be it in the name of the children ("pre-born" or otherwise)?

and that's what I loved about the post. EVERYTHING is "for the children" in fundieland. Gay marriage is bad because it is bad for children (apparently). Abortion is bad because it kills children. Birth control is bad because it is bad for children. Women working outside the home is bad because it is bad for children. But ban guns because guns are bad for children? HITLER!

Surrounding oneself with children is pretty standard practice for a lot of politicians past and present.

Anyway, as usual I suppose the real underlying issue for the demonization of Obama is his skin colour.

So, wait. In her mind, politicians should claim their policies come from... child hating?

Yes, Hitler kissed babies. And yes, he had the good sense to realize you can manipulate people with calls of "for the chyyyyldruuuun!!!111!" He also liked dogs. OMG, dog lovers are evil! :roll:

I concur, as always, the hatred of Obama is almost certainly racially motivated. Ironic, right?

Fundies hate children. To them theyre only useful as fetuses or if they can use them to further their agenda.

Children are the easiest way to sell a message to a people who would normally consider tyranny to be oppressive and unjust. The image of beautiful children from all different races hugging, applauding, and slapping the President a high-five is so powerfully distracting that we buy the line, "Support my gun control proposals or else you hate children," without hearing what is really being said.

Just like taking all of your children to campaign for your chosen political party, even if your three year old barely knows what a president is? Or making your five year old hold a sign with a picture of an "aborted fetus" on, when theyre too young to understand all of the issues surrounding abortion? Or making your kids hold signs saying "God Hates Fags"? Or teaching your children to try and convert other people? Or putting a sticker up about conspiracy theories in your small child's bedroom?

Fundies hate children. To them theyre only useful as fetuses or if they can use them to further their agenda.

Just like taking all of your children to campaign for your chosen political party, even if your three year old barely knows what a president is? Or making your five year old hold a sign with a picture of an "aborted fetus" on, when theyre too young to understand all of the issues surrounding abortion? Or making your kids hold signs saying "God Hates Fags"? Or teaching your children to try and convert other people? Or putting a sticker up about conspiracy theories in your small child's bedroom?

:clap:

It looks like Hitler didn't even say that quote: http://www.libertariannews.org/2012/10/ ... ter-quote/ (not breaking link b/c it's a news source).

SOTDRT at it's finest :roll:

For all the claims about history repeating itself and the general dumbing down of everyone who isn't homeschooled - fundies sure have a lousy grasp of history.

^ winning

This is crazy.

Have hair? You are just like Hitler!

Wear clothes? You are just like Hitler!

Breathe air? You are just like Hitler!

Have a sister? You are just like Hitler!

Enjoy opera? You are just like Hitler!

Got elected? You are just like Hitler!

Seriously, Hitler was a terrible, terrible person but you cannot attribute every single bad thing or thing you don't agree with to him. It just doesn't work like that.

Is this along the lines of the facebook garbage going around comparing Obama surrounding himself with kids to Hitler surrounding himself with kids cause of GUNS ! They want my guns ! aggghghghhhhghhh. The people on my feed who keep posting this kind of garbage aren't fundie ( or even particularly religious as far as I know ) ....they are just losing their freaking paranoid minds. With some of them I don't think think it's even remotely racial, I have no idea what is making people go so crazy delusional about GUNS! One World Government Take Over ! TAXES !!

This is crazy.

Seriously, Hitler was a terrible, terrible person but you cannot attribute every single bad thing or thing you don't agree with to him. It just doesn't work like that.

This is known as the Association Fallacy, but I like to call it the "Hitler Ate Sugar" Fallacy.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... erAteSugar

This is crazy.

Hey, you forgot to mention moustaches!

[A few years ago, we were with a cousin and noticed a picture of my uncle from the early 1930s. He had dark hair with a severe side part and a moustache....I had a silent OMG moment, but then the cousin said, "Oh yeah, my dad kinda looks like Hitler there". That does not mean that my uncle - who was a kind and wonderful man - was like Hitler, any more than the fact that his birthday was December 25 (true - I asked my dad about why there were old photos of the whole family getting together for a dinner on Dec. 25 when they were Jewish, and found it it was Uncle J's birthday) would make him Jesus.]

I have been responding to those posts with this. And I know others who have too. http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_ta ... ut_hitler/

There WERE Jews who managed to obtain weapons. It wouldn't have stopped the Holocaust.

The Warsaw Ghetto uprising was organized by youth leaders once it got to the point that they realized that their death were likely inevitable. They did not expect to survive - they simply hoped to go down fighting and to take some Nazis with them. A relatively small group cannot hold out against a large army for that long, especially if that army is in control of everything and willing to use any means necessary, including fire and gas.

The only place where guns in the hands of Jews were relatively successful was with the partisans, who hid out in the forests. Armies are good at conquering main roads and more open spaces, but the forests were a source of danger for the Nazis. [if anyone saw the movie Defiance, it's based on a true story and I've spoken to people who were part of the Bielski brigade.] Again, though, the scale of the Holocaust meant that only a small number of Jews were saved this way. One lady that I know saw her family murdered, along with most of the Jews of her town, but as a 5 yr old she managed to sneak away and run into the forest with some cousins, where they lived with the partisans until the end of the war. There is no way that they could have stopped that massacre from occurring - it's just a miracle that she and her cousins were able to survive.

The Salon article was excellent. The older I get the more I realize how important history is.

University of Chicago law professor Bernard Harcourt explored this myth in depth in a 2004 article published in the Fordham Law Review. As it turns out, the Weimar Republic, the German government that immediately preceded Hitler’s, actually had tougher gun laws than the Nazi regime. After its defeat in World War I, and agreeing to the harsh surrender terms laid out in the Treaty of Versailles, the German legislature in 1919 passed a law that effectively banned all private firearm possession, leading the government to confiscate guns already in circulation. In 1928, the Reichstag relaxed the regulation a bit, but put in place a strict registration regime that required citizens to acquire separate permits to own guns, sell them or carry them.

The 1938 law signed by Hitler that LaPierre mentions in his book basically does the opposite of what he says it did. “The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as well as ammunition,†Harcourt wrote. Meanwhile, many more categories of people, including Nazi party members, were exempted from gun ownership regulations altogether, while the legal age of purchase was lowered from 20 to 18, and permit lengths were extended from one year to three years.

I am not certain what the Jewish people could have done. Who would have suspected that neighbors would massacre their fellow citizens in such a horrendous fashion?

I saw this on a friend's wall yesterday and unfriended them. I thought about saying something, but I really need to focus on my schoolwork instead of trying to reason with foolish people.

Hopefully the image will show up.

Former Friend shared Voices for the Unborn's photo.

14 hours ago

I hate how so many in this world avoid repeating history. Come on people....the writing is on the wall. Obama is destroying this country.

~Hiara.

I googled Hitler with children and this picture popped up immediately. It is from his 50th birthday party. :roll:

There WERE Jews who managed to obtain weapons. It wouldn't have stopped the Holocaust.

The Warsaw Ghetto uprising was organized by youth leaders once it got to the point that they realized that their death were likely inevitable. They did not expect to survive - they simply hoped to go down fighting and to take some Nazis with them. A relatively small group cannot hold out against a large army for that long, especially if that army is in control of everything and willing to use any means necessary, including fire and gas.

The only place where guns in the hands of Jews were relatively successful was with the partisans, who hid out in the forests. Armies are good at conquering main roads and more open spaces, but the forests were a source of danger for the Nazis. [if anyone saw the movie Defiance, it's based on a true story and I've spoken to people who were part of the Bielski brigade.] Again, though, the scale of the Holocaust meant that only a small number of Jews were saved this way. One lady that I know saw her family murdered, along with most of the Jews of her town, but as a 5 yr old she managed to sneak away and run into the forest with some cousins, where they lived with the partisans until the end of the war. There is no way that they could have stopped that massacre from occurring - it's just a miracle that she and her cousins were able to survive.

I haven't seen the movie, but my parents (Russian Jews) saw it and remarked on the comedy relief of casting Daniel Craig as the lead....no offense to my Ashkenazi brothers, but most of our guys DO NOT look like that. :lol:

The latest in the fundies "If we don't like you, you are just like Hitler" posts. This one makes even less sense than usual.

growinghomeblog.com/2013/01/for-sake-of-childrenor.html?m=1

Why doesn't this blogger call President Obama the N-word and get it over with?

I don't get the whole "Obama is arrogant" thing. I have never seen him act arrogantly at all. He's one of the most humble politicians I've ever seen, especially in the national realm. They think Romney was not? With the "you people" stuff? Give me a break!

I think arrogant is just code for uppity.

I work with children and I enjoy what I do. I believe in equal rights and gun control. I have a sister- two, in fact.

Guys, I...I think I'm Hitler.

I don't get the whole "Obama is arrogant" thing. I have never seen him act arrogantly at all. He's one of the most humble politicians I've ever seen, especially in the national realm. They think Romney was not? With the "you people" stuff? Give me a break!

I think arrogant is just code for uppity.

Yep, it's just a code for "I don't like somebody who doesn't look like me in a position of power."

Archived