IGNORED

The first step on THE ROAD TO TYRANNY!!!!

Sumeri

Facebook post by fundie lite cousin on, predictably, gun control:

"Today my country took the first step on the ROAD TO TYRANNY!!!! Everyone, buy more bullets! Do NOT let yourself be caught without a gun in the house!"

:roll:

Any others?

This kind of dangerous thinking is what gives America a bad name.

Its also the way Adam Lanza's mother saw the world, and see where that got her.

This kind of dangerous thinking is what gives America a bad name.

Its also the way Adam Lanza's mother saw the world, and see where that got her.

QFT.

My cousins have been posting the same crap. Not fundie lite in any sense, just douchebags in general who claim to be "good Christians". They are so worried about 'Merika going to hell in a handbasket since Obama is "taking our guns." Today, one of them had the audacity to post something saying us ebil Liberals need to stop "fear mongering." REALLY!?!? I just want to smack them! I'm going to set up a FB list just with them and post a steady stream of gun control and pro-gay marriage pictures. :0)

I am just waiting. My fundies are strangely silent right now. Stocking up on ammo and constructing their tin foil hats possibly? I don't know, I just glad they're keeping their big traps shut for once.

I've seen less of that sort of thing today on FB than I was expecting to. Maybe my extremely pro-gun friends are just biding their time and stocking up... and I'm not anti-gun by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm also not pro-gun like some people seem to be. I've seen some insanely crazy stuff on FB since the Sandy Hook shooting :shock:

Most of what I have seen on my facebook is the total BS argument that criminals are going to get the guns anyway so why outlaw them. By that arguement we shouldn't have any laws at all. Logic apparently fails more people than I realized. :doh:

Most of what I have seen on my facebook is the total BS argument that criminals are going to get the guns anyway so why outlaw them. By that arguement we shouldn't have any laws at all. Logic apparently fails more people than I realized. :doh:

Somehow, I think the same argument used against them "women are going to have abortions anyway so why outlaw them?" they would reject. And never see the hypocrisy. :doh: So even though they won't agree that the logic is faulty, they won't permit the same reasoning for something that doesn't match their stance. The stupid, it burnz.

One of those proposals is just common sense (violent criminals should not have guns... although I DO think they should have the right to vote, and where are the conservatives protesting the disenfranchisement of felons, some of whom have served their sentences?), and another is "step up an existing law".

For goodness sake, not one of these is really anything to get so het up about.

Archived