IGNORED

Munck sisters defend their Christmas Tree

ncb

In a post clearly directed towards the Maxhell clan, the Munck sisters defend their celebration of Christmas and their Christmas tree. The post is terribly written but, clearly Elizabeth and her sisters are relieved that she is not trapped in Joseph's house with a few feet of lighted garland and no tree. I definitely think the Maxwellian orientation toward holidays, birthdays, gift-giving, and fun in general played a huge role in Elizabeth's decision to end the engagement. She really dodged a bullet there!

http://themuncksisters.blogspot.com/201 ... brate.html

I agree, I think Elizabeth ended the engagement because she saw how the Maxwells view certain things. Last week, the Muncks posted about praying for the school shooting victims and their families. They are not isolated like the Maxwells are.

Wow, she's a worse writer than her mother. From what I can follow, I like the sentiment, though.

What on earth does she mean by, "and loosing the place of where America once stood"?

Wow, she's a worse writer than her mother. From what I can follow, I like the sentiment, though.

What on earth does she mean by, "and loosing the place of where America once stood"?

While I think she actually may have had a few years of public school (not completely sure), she did get at least a part of her education at her mother's dining room table, so I'm not terribly surprised she is a worse writer than her mother. What's more disturbing is that she will probably homeschool her own children, but at least they won't be Maxwellbots.

As always, I don't think that Psalm in the header means what most fundies think it means.

Guest Anonymous

As always, I don't think that Psalm in the header means what most fundies think it means.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

I think, in respect of the Munck Sisters, it just means a very big "Fuck You" to Steve Maxwell, who persuaded the Munck parents to close down their daughters' blog "in the interests of family unity" just before thew Maxwell engagement took place. :D

Slogging through the horrific writing (this girl is "teaching" the brother with special needs? Yikes!), I applaud her middle finger to the Maxhells. However, the grammar was so atrocious I am compelled to comment. It may shed some light on the fundiespeak thread.

I checked her definition of "motive" vs. the OED. No mention of "conviction," although "divine prompting" was a part of the word's usage in the past (now obsolete). It appears they get their definitions from the KJVB; this usage was last used in 1637, but most commonly used by CHAUCER.

I don't think The Canterbury Tales is on the fundie-approved reading list, although it should be.

Definetly a big fuck you to Steve.

I think it was definetly weirdo cult leader Steve's fault the engagement ended, the Muncks seem to like celebrating stuff, but the Maxwells dont seem to do anything fun at all.

Its awesome to see her standing up to him, and escaping from a lifetime of Maxhell.

America (well, secular America) is a fallen nation that has gone to hell in a handbasket, it's not like the good ol' days when you just assumed everyone was Christian and celebrated Xmas in school and everyone knew that the US was exceptional and the best nation on earth and we didn't have to care about other countries and mom wore pearls and heels to cook dinner while Beaver played out in the yard...

I have to admit when I first saw the headline I had an image of all of those kids standing around their tree in the kitchen facing outward with sticks, or something!

But yes, overall I do appreciate her sentiment, and think she would have some serious problems giving that all up (I wonder if what she realized was just how much SHE was going to be the one who had to change, after all - Joseph wouldn't start partying under her influence, no, she would have to stop).

Also I've been to parties with kids for Xmas where they made a birthday cake for the baby Jesus, complete with a candle on it!

That girl has some huge ovaries to give the finger to Steve like that! Yes, she is a bad writer, but I admire her spirit!

Oh, I love this sentiment. When I was frequently around fundies, the non-Christmas self-righteous bunch drove me up a wall. I always called them religious, which they considered an insult, as they were like Pharisees (I meant it like that, as they were like a bunch of hypocritical Pharisees.)

Merry Christmas, Elizabeth. You already got the best Christmas gift imaginable: you're not a Maxwell.

I would love to know exactly what happened with their courtship. Maybe she was able to realize what life as Maxwell would be like. This totally sound like a big fu Steve.

Echoing everyone else's sentiments: HELL YEAH! I utterly detest Steve Maxwell and every word that comes out of his mouth. I too would like to know exactly why/how the courtship was broken off, but regardless, thank god it was.

That girl has some huge ovaries to give the finger to Steve like that! Yes, she is a bad writer, but I admire her spirit!

As Lew Grant would say, 'She has spunk'.

Good for her. It's heartbreaking to think of how sad and homesick she would have been this holiday if she'd gone to Max-hell. This family clearly likes to celebrate and I think she would have really missed that element of her life. I also think she would have felt horrible not being able to pass it down to her kids.

When I think of how dreary Christmas with the Maxwells must be....ughh.

The Maxwells are the first people I have ever heard of who thought a Christmas tree was bad.

I can just picture them all sitting around (Bibles open of course) talking about death. Because nothing says Christmas like talking about how the neighbors are all going to hell. :roll:

I can just picture them all sitting around (Bibles open of course) talking about death. Because nothing says Christmas like talking about how the neighbors are all going to hell. :roll:

The Maxwells probably think Christmas trees are pagan. They probably think Christmas is the perfect time to talk about death. Since it's the end of teh year and dark and cold, but also because anything remotely Christian they have to turn into something about death. I don't particularly like the Muncks , as they're still fundies. But I'm positive that Elizabeth's Christmas would have been a lot less fun had she been a Maxwell. She dodged a bullet, adn I think at times like birthdays and holidays is when it's most obvious how little fun a Maxwell is allowed to have.

As Lew Grant would say, 'She has spunk'.

But then he goes on to say, "I hate spunk".

The Maxwells are the first people I have ever heard of who thought a Christmas tree was bad.

Same here!! I even think that Steve has a problem when someone says on their blog post that they have a tree!

Good for her. It's heartbreaking to think of how sad and homesick she would have been this holiday if she'd gone to Max-hell. This family clearly likes to celebrate and I think she would have really missed that element of her life. I also think she would have felt horrible not being able to pass it down to her kids.

When I think of how dreary Christmas with the Maxwells must be....ughh.

AGREE!! I truly wonder how she would feel if all of a sudden she was not allow to have a tree! I don't really agree with the Munch family but I am glad to see as least Fundie family who still celebrates B-days Christmas.

I also think her parents very consciously linked to that particular blog post on their main family blog as a message to Steve. The main Munck family blog has a link to the Munck daughters' blog but they usually don't link to specific posts from the girls' blog in their own posts. Clearly they all had some serious second thoughts about Maxhell. I can only imagine the sorts of rules Elizabeth was presented with before she even got to the altar.

Archived