IGNORED

RFIDs are the Mark of the Beast

Black Aliss

Just when you start to think that fundies can't get any crazier, they prove you wrong. Now a federal court in Texas has to hear a case about a teenage fundie who refuses to wear her school's ID badge because it contains an RFID, which she says is the mark of the beast described in the book of Revelations. Proving that she doesn't know her history very well. It's your social security number that is the mark of the beast. I know because my grandmother explained it to me when I was 8 years old and I needed to get a SSN to have a bank account.

http://boingboing.net/2012/12/17/christ ... -obje.html

I thought the Mark of the Beast had to be issued by the Unified World Government, anyway?

The UN doesn't issue your school ID, honey.

I think it was her idiot dad that came up with this stupid thing. Where can you even get this idea from? Must be reading the abridged version of the comics bible.

Oh, right, bar codes! My bad. Bar codes, SSNs, RFIDs. . .They're entitled to their crazy until it's my tax dollars that have to pay for this lunacy. A friend of mine who has lived in Mexico for several years was shocked to learn that we don't have RFIDs in our credit cards (which is a royal PITA when you are traveling in another country where RFID readers are the norm). I couldn't explain why we don't have them in our cards but perhaps herein lies the reason--fundie resistance.

We don't have RFID codes in our cards because you (usually) have to opt-in due to identity theft fears, though you can just get a wallet/purse insert that blocks the signal. Most identity theft happens the good old-fashioned way, but people don't want to have to be careful, they want something/one to blame.

Also, I think dummy's dipshit father is unaware how old and ubiquitous RFID is... YOUR TOLL TAG IS THE MARK OF THE BEAST!!!!

Isn't the Mark of the Beast supposed to go on people's foreheads? And isn't it supposed to give you buying and selling privileges? If she's so paranoid about the Mark of the Beast that she doesn't even believe scripture on it, she'd better start refusing more than just her student ID.

I thought the mark of the beast was meant to have been the Bankcard logo that looks like three sixes inside each other? Too bad Bankcard has been phased out, looks like the Antichrist lost.

Archived