IGNORED

Sanders Question

WonderingInWA

So I have followed the Sanders blog off and on and they finally updated it with a trip to the beach that several of the daughters took. One of the daughters is married and has something like 6 kids -- she appears to be a daughter from a previous marriage that Pa Sanders had so is older than the other kids he had with Wendy.

So this older daughter, Laura-Lynn (I think that's her name, and she had her own blog a long time ago and maybe still does but I lost the link and found her incredibly uninteresting) adopted a child named Mira. I wondered if anyone knew why, if she could obviously have her own children quite easily, what the impetus was to adopt? It seems odd to me that she would do that, especially a child of color (and I do NOT mean that to be offensive in any way, but she's the only black child in the entire family).

Does anyone know the backstory or if there is one? It appears she actually had a baby herself just a year or so after adopting Mira. I just wonder how they came across Mira and why, then, they haven't adopted others if that was the choice they made to grow their family at that point?

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone know the backstory or if there is one?

This is the first adoption post on the blog in November 2009: vitafamiliae.com/big-news/

They brought Miracle 'home' in February 2011: vitafamiliae.com/whats-in-a-name/

And announced the next one was on the way with the first scan picture in July 2011: vitafamiliae.com/speaking-of-adventure/

Archived