IGNORED

Few Be There That Find It....

Koala

Seems like it would have to be some outside influence. The last time she stopped by she was all "ya'll call or come for a visit!". She also seemed to enjoy talking to just about anyone that would talk back.

Booooo! I loved reading her blog because she was just so weird. Just this morning, I was thinking how I felt so sorry for her daughter-- she has zero chance at living anything that even remotely resembles a normal life.

I only caught the first few comments on the Christmas tree post- seemed to be a mix of folks that have Christmas trees and those who think they're evil

Pagan/Catholic idols.

I only caught the first few comments on the Christmas tree post- seemed to be a mix of folks that have Christmas trees and those who think they're evil

Pagan/Catholic idols.

I especially liked the one that said something about not being a "Catholic-pagan-heathen - PRAISE JESUS".

:lol:

Aww, man! Joanne was one of my favorites. Okay, not favorite,more one of the ones I followed to get riled up and all yelly about. She, and her other cult members are high quality crazy. My heart breaks for all of the children stuck in that miserable church.

She's not longer on FB either, but at least on other woman from her church it, so my guess would be personal decision. I'm not really comfortable speculating beyond that.

I will say though, while they are pretty extreme in their beliefs in lifestyle, that I've met a few people from a church affiliated with theirs and former members from their home church and they seemed happier than a lot of the more mainstream-appearing fundies that I've known.

She's back! There's some new post about hard times or trials or something. Something's going on in her life that made her shut down the blogs. Custody battle, perhaps?Wishful thinking on my part!

She's back! There's some new post about hard times or trials or something. Something's going on in her life that made her shut down the blogs. Custody battle, perhaps?Wishful thinking on my part!

I just read that. If I were being honest, I almost feel sorry for her. Whatever has happened sounds pretty bad. None of her usual readers bothered to comment. I truly hope she and he children are okay. The church they are in scares the ever loving shit out of me, but the hold they have on Joanne scares me even more. She and her children are in a very vulnerable position and I think it would be very easy for these men to take advantage of them. :(

Joanne, if you're reading this (and I know you probably are) it's not too late for you and your kids to get help. You do not have to live like that.

• 1 month later...

It is no surprise that she seems to be having some problems in her life as indicated by her blog and Facebook pages going down. She has a chaotic life history and currently is living in a very unstable and precarious situation. Joanne and her children are living at the mercy of, and on the sufferance of, a group of unrelated people, mostly men, who have more social capital and power within the community than she has. She has no real job and no place to live in her own name. All it would take is for some interpersonal problems to happen for everything to fall apart: petty gossip, misunderstanding, sexual pressure, etc and she could be out on the street. The fact that her last blog post talked about "trials" and none of her regular commenters replied or supported her is likely a sign that things are starting to sour for Joanne and the cult.

Archived