IGNORED

Babies Prove the Bible!

dairyfreelife

Gail has decided a study on babies proves the Bible is real.

Don't you love when science proves the Bible's accuracy?

These findings refute psychologists like B.F. Skinner who claimed children are clean slates, gaining all values and attitudes through conditioning.

Skinner didn't claim clean slates. He was about the operative conditioning, the Skinner Box. Tabula Rasa or clean slate came from John Locke, but can be traced back to Aristotle. It's the nurture theory, which varies among the debate of nature v nurture. Tabula rasa is entirely nurture.

Of course, God already told us this:

"The Gentiles do not have the Law; but... Their conduct shows that what the Law commands is written in their hearts. Their consciences also show that this is true, since their thoughts sometimes accuse them and sometimes defend them." Romans 2:14-15 (GNT)

Today I'm rejoicing in the God who knows it all and chose to write some of His goodness on our hearts

This is a documentary of the study she's talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=w_3RIIxpAJo (don't remember how to link the video)

biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2012/12/written-on-baby-hearts.html

This is a side-note, but I cannot stand when people say that something "proves the bible true" just because one piece appears correct. Even if something in the bible is found to be accurate, it says nothing about the book as a whole...it only says something about that specific claim. You could discover that 90% of the claims made in the bible are true and that says nothing about the other 10%.

Great...you read some science. Now learn how to apply the conclusions correctly.

The podcast Reasonable Doubts had a very interesting discussion about this very topic recently. I highly recommend listening to it if you have the chance.

I once bought a pack of Bertie Botts Beans from the shop. That proves Harry Potter is true!

I once bought a pack of Bertie Botts Beans from the shop. That proves Harry Potter is true!

Know what else? I looked at a map today, and there actually is a city in England called London! Harry Potter is fact.

... So does that mean Platform 9 3/4 is real? *Grabs passport and gets her bags* I'm moving into the Hogwarts library. I don't care what Madam Pince says!

... Is Storybrooke, Maine a real place too? I wanna meet Peter Pan even though he hasn't showed up yet!

Pppssshhttt, no its Collinsport, Maine that is the real place! And long lost English cousins can drop by at any time and you are obliged to allow them to stay at your place for an unspecified amount of time :lol:

... So does that mean Platform 9 3/4 is real? *Grabs passport and gets her bags* I'm moving into the Hogwarts library. I don't care what Madam Pince says!

Kings Cross is a real train station so Platform 9 3/4 must be real.

Kings Cross is a real train station so Platform 9 3/4 must be real.

It is. There's a carttrolley sitting halfway through the barrier to prove it.

Pppssshhttt, no its Collinsport, Maine that is the real place! And long lost English cousins can drop by at any time and you are obliged to allow them to stay at your place for an unspecified amount of time :lol:

If they look like Johnny Depp or Ben Cross, then they're welcome to stay as long as they like!

So, babies recognize nice versus mean behavior? And various people see this as implicating their knowing right from wrong and having morality?

I don't think that proves anything about the Bible.

However, it puts the lie to Michael Pearl's interpretation of right and wrong -- in his world a very hurtful person can be considered moral, as long as that person is the adult wielding a switch.

And it shoots down his ideas about "sinful" children desperately need to be taught morality, with pain and his version on Christianity being the only way to get there.

Interpreted that way, I rather like this study! :D

Archived