IGNORED

Santorum was an unknowing patsy...

Seven Severn

As an example of how sophisticated Rove is…Karl Rove was out raising money to keep Santorum alive until they could kill Newt — Santorum basically ran for Governor of Iowa in 2011, visiting all 99 counties; Santorum, out of Iowa, had no organization, no money and no chance in 2012 to be the Republican nominee; he was only a stalking horse for Mitt Romney — Rove kept Santorum alive until he could kill Rick Perry first, and then Newt Gingrich.

The quote is from David Lane, described as an evangelical king maker.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news ... ve-2012-12

The Duggars were sucked in, believing he had a chance, when it was all a house of cards. They thought they were "in the know" when in fact they knew nothing.

I think you might have posted the wrong link. Is this it?

http://www.businessinsider.com/karl-rov ... ns-2012-11

Hm, I just can't decide what I want to gloat over today. Do I feel smugger over Santorum's false hopes and delusions, or do I feel the smuggest thinking of how Rove's mad-genius plan failed in such a spectacular and humiliating way?

Have a cupcake with lunch and gloat over the first, then a big glass of wine with dinner and gloat over the second? Both are deserving, IMO :)

Rove's fall from grace is perhaps unsurprising, given his group's disastrous performance this cycle. According to a new report, American Crossroads got a mere 1% return on its $104 million investment in 2012 races.

LOLING FOREVER.

For social conservatives, the treason began long before election day, when Rove led the party's tar-and-feathering of Missouri Senate candidate Todd Akin, after Akin's now infamous "legitimate rape" comments. The GOP's perceived betrayal of Akin confirmed what many grassroots conservative activists had long suspected: That the Republican Establishment was willing to throw the base under the bus to serve the interests of deep-pocketed donors.

The Republicans just don't get it. Akin made a horrible, ignorant statement. The one positive thing that Romney did was express disgust at Akin's comments. The fact that his fellow Republicans thought that they should support Akin's idiotic and offensive statements about rape makes the entire party seem reprehensible.

That FOX News and the The Wall Street Journal worked out a hefty financial contract with Karl Rove is of no concern to me, Karl has every right to be paid well and — like me —participate in the political process. But giving Karl Rove the perch as a neutral analyst and an unbiased observer -- honest broker — when in reality Karl is driven by his desire to enhance his clients and/or personal interests — corrupts the process.

Republicans need to jettison Fox news and the religious right. Thankfully, they won't do that because they believe that they go more to the right. This means that if the Democrats don't do anything stupid, we might retain a majority.

*mumbles* I read that as Santorum being an unknowing pastry. Which, actually, would explain a LOT about the guy.

*mumbles* I read that as Santorum being an unknowing pastry. Which, actually, would explain a LOT about the guy.

Yeah... I read it that way at first too :shock:

I thought Santorum had God's endorsement, does this mean Karl Rove is more powerful than God?

Romney lost the election. Could it be because his policies were non-existant or ineffective? No, it's because

a) Obama bribed voters with "gifts"

b) Karl Rove engineered everything

c) Romney's staff conned everyone (must be why Romney cut off their credit cards before they got home on election night)

and the list will continue to grow, because to accept Romney lost because his platform sucked is to admit Obama has good ideas for this country.

I did the same thing! :lol:

Archived