IGNORED

A letter from Satan

AtroposHeart

Evil is alive and well. And seems to have got a jolt of energy from the election. I almost did not publish, but evil needs to be exposed and this person is obviously a coward for not posting this as a comment. I fear we are at war. Odd too, given liberals won and are going to get everything they want. Why does someone like me bother them so? Hmmmmm…..I appreciate these emails as they strengthen my faith and keep me ever mindful that evil exists and is on the prowl like never before.

Your views on women are abhorrent and disgusting.

There is no way you are happier as a subserviant housewife than I am. I have a college degree, I make my own decisions, have a job, and control my future. I see you used to do that at one point. Then you decided to get married, but I am not sure how you translated that into becoming second class and subserviant? Lots of married people are happy with the wife having equal say in the relationship. You will always be second class, and place yourself there. If you really think women were happier before feminism you are sorely mistaken- or do you think that women are so sinful and awful we do not deserve to be happy? Or do you think that women, yourself included, are so stupid that we need a man to make choices for us? That he needs to be my Captain because i cannot do it myself, because YOU cannot do it yourself? Do you think yourself that stupid? Or is it some “God’s way†bullshit? Oh herp derp the bible says I should be subserviant so let me just do everything the Bible says? Its good at least that you think women shouldnt have the right to vote- I hope that you yourself practice this and do not vote. Obviously i disagree with you about women voting, but if all women like you didn’t vote, that would be less of you influencing our lawmakers, so you not voting works in my favor!

One day, when I am 30-35 (I’m 24), have a nice job with a fat salary, and decide to have children with my husband, we will be making joint decisions where we both decide together. His word will not be final, it will be the decision we both make. Why? Because I am capable and able to make choices. Clearly you do not think you are able to, and that is terrribly pathetic that you think so lowly of yourself. Gain some self confidence and shut down your terrible blog. Believe in yourself.

My children will end up more educated, worldly and intelligent than yours ever will. Why? Because they have a mother who thinks for herself, and a father who respects that. I dont know how you can possibly call yourself a self respecting individual yet do not believe you should have the right to vote. How you can consider yourself that inept and stupid is beyond me. I am not saying men are bad and I hate them, but I do not consider them my leader, and I never will. I feel they are just as capable of making their own decisions as I am, and I feel that together with a man we can work to make decisions that we both agree with.

I think you should consider suicide, if I thought that lowly of myself I most certainly would!

http://unmaskingfeminism.wordpress.com/ ... rom-satan/

Urging suicide on a person is really wrong, immoral and impolite. And it's a pity that the writer decided to go there, because the rest of the letter is well written and clear. But there really is no excusing that sort of viciousness at the end, no matter how much you dislike the recipient nor how justified your dislike of them and everything they stand for is.

Guest Anonymous

Is the email real? The suicide thing seems conveniently cruel.

I made the mistake of dipping into the comments. Now I'm going to drag you all down with me!

“One day, when I am 30-35 (I’m 24), have a nice job with a fat salary, and decide to have children with my husband,â€

She forgot to mention the tens of thousands of dollars in fertility treatments she’ll also need. What a moron. She doesn’t even know her own biology.

Yes, when the clock strikes midnight on your thirtieth birthday, fertility issues attack! Don't you know your own biology!!!1!!1!eleventy!!1! :roll:

She hopes to marry when she’s 30-35? Haha, good luck, baby. All the guys will have mysteriously disappeared. Who wants a liberal, obnoxious, bitter hag?

And yet she’s (trying) to have them at an age when we know that children’s IQ may be affected and certainly are at greater risk of other conditions both pre and postpartum.

Seriously, the comments section littered with crap about just how impossible / ridiculous it is to imagine that you might get married / have children when you are between 30- and 35-years-old.

Is the email real? The suicide thing seems conveniently cruel.

I made the mistake of dipping into the comments. Now I'm going to drag you all down with me!

Yes, when the clock strikes midnight on your thirtieth birthday, fertility issues attack! Don't you know your own biology!!!1!!1!eleventy!!1! :roll:

My mother had me at 42, unplanned

Seriously, the comments section littered with crap about just how impossible / ridiculous it is to imagine that you might get married / have children when you are between 30- and 35-years-old.

what idiots. My husband would not have married me had I been conservative. And I was 28 when I got pregnant with #1.

He prefers a bitter liberal hag.

I saw this and thought it was about "The Screwtape Letters". This person thinks that qualifies as a letter from Satan? Fundie drama queen.............

My mother had me when she was 30, and not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty smart. Graduated second in my class.

Also, I'm guessing at least 95% of this board consists of bitter liberal hags, many of whom are married or otherwise committed. Weird.

Well, I got married at 34 years old and had my first child at 35. I also have a college degree and a career (in a traditionally male field at that). In fact, most people are getting married and starting families later in life. And that's a good thing. Maturity and financial security not only increase chances that a marriage will last, but also makes for better parents and a more stable home life for children.

Is interesting since most of these Quiverfull folks are planning to have babies until their bodies just can't handle it anymore, they too will be giving birth in their 30's. Are we supposed to assume from the blog comments that Quiverfulls are exempt from all these dire predictions of lowIQ/health problems/etc?

Long-time lurker, first-time poster :D But I do have to agree that her point would have been so much better made had she left off the suicide bit at the end.

One other thing that concerns me (a bit of devil's advocate play here) is this tendency to "compete in happiness" - it simply doesn't work in these types of debates. I'm sure there are women out there who are horrified that I'm 26 and still "have to" work, while I'm horrified at the prospect of ever being given a budget by a man and having to ask him for money to buy tampons. Point is, we'll never convince the other side that we're happier and vice versa, so it's a moot point. I've found it much more delightful to ask the difficult questions: who will pay for your house, your food, your clothing, and your kids if your husband dies? Leaves? Becomes disabled? Who are you going to be subservient to then? How's that going to work? You think there's a huge market out there for professional diaper-changers with 15 years of experience?

I got married at 32, pregnant with no problems at 34 and 36. Kids are grown up , bright and healthy. She does not know of what she speaketh.

Feminism is the best that satan can do? Seriously? Forget war and famine and genocide. No, his major achievement is giving women the opportunity to compete with men on a (not really, but hopefully in the future) level playing field. Oh, the humanity.

Telling someone to kill themselves is pretty mean, but what on earth are these creatures contributing? They're giving nothing to society except meanness, children indoctrinated into their ridiculous thinking, and a few bucks in taxes. That said, unless the one income in these one income families is especially high, they're going to take far more from the taxman (directly and indirectly) than they pay in. So I can see how some people would wish these dregs dead.

Not me. I'm nice.

The last line was inappropriate and awful no matter how cruel the author is.

Outside of that, I'm 23, will be 24 in a couple months. I have a condition that gives me a 50/50 chance at being able to have children on my own. I've known this for a couple years. Even if I have married right out of high school, I still may not have been able to have children. I have not tried to have a child so I don't know if I'm infertile for certain.

And my mother had my brother between the ages of 30-35 and he is literally a genius when it comes to IQ level. Not to mention that I know several non-conservative women who married later in life. Their husbands don't seem to have much issue with their beliefs. If they did, they wouldn't have been with them obviously.

She hopes to marry when she’s 30-35? Haha, good luck, baby. All the guys will have mysteriously disappeared. Who wants a liberal, obnoxious, bitter hag?

As opposed to a conservative, obnoxious, bitter hag? Many, actually.

As opposed to a conservative, obnoxious, bitter hag? Many, actually.

thing is she did not say she was going to get married when she's 30-35 right? she said she was going to have a kid around that time. But I guess for some people being married and not actively making children is not possible.

[ :text-threadjacked: ]

Long-time lurker, first-time poster :D But I do have to agree that her point would have been so much better made had she left off the suicide bit at the end.

One other thing that concerns me (a bit of devil's advocate play here) is this tendency to "compete in happiness" - it simply doesn't work in these types of debates. I'm sure there are women out there who are horrified that I'm 26 and still "have to" work, while I'm horrified at the prospect of ever being given a budget by a man and having to ask him for money to buy tampons. Point is, we'll never convince the other side that we're happier and vice versa, so it's a moot point. I've found it much more delightful to ask the difficult questions: who will pay for your house, your food, your clothing, and your kids if your husband dies? Leaves? Becomes disabled? Who are you going to be subservient to then? How's that going to work? You think there's a huge market out there for professional diaper-changers with 15 years of experience?

You know, I'm a housewife these days. Granted a housewife with a college degree and a teaching credential, so I could work if I needed to, but still, these days the husband brings home all the cash. And honestly I'm a lot happier than I was when I was working, I enjoy being a housewife, I really do.

Back in the day my mother and my godmother used this same line of reasoning when they were teaching me that I had to work, no matter what. Even if my husband made gajillions I had to keep my own income so I wouldn't have to ask him to buy me a box of Kotex. Those were the exact words. It was clearly the ultimate shame and horror that you might have to go to your man and beg him for a box of Kotex.

WTF is the big deal with putting pads or tampons on the grocery list? Seriously? Why is this an issue?

I put them on the grocery list every two weeks, and through at least half of the year the husband does the grocery shopping he just brings them home with the lettuce and the milk. Not at all an issue. Is it just my husband who is okay with this? Is it because he's got so much MANLINESS he's not afraid to be caught with a box of pads in the bike trailer? Is everyone else having a problem?

Could someone clarify this for me, please? Thanks

[ end :text-threadjacked: ]

Actually, the worse horror is having to trigger the alarm in your cell and say "I've bled right through my trousers. Please can I have some sanitary protection?" Then wait for half an hour, still bleeding.

The thing in the circumstances, I think, isn't that A MAN has to get you TAMPONS or PADS, it's that you're reliant on someone else to get them for you. Menstruation will not always do what you expect it to, and it's a thing that many women only feel comfortable dealing with themselves.

[ :text-threadjacked: ]

You know, I'm a housewife these days. Granted a housewife with a college degree and a teaching credential, so I could work if I needed to, but still, these days the husband brings home all the cash. And honestly I'm a lot happier than I was when I was working, I enjoy being a housewife, I really do.

Back in the day my mother and my godmother used this same line of reasoning when they were teaching me that I had to work, no matter what. Even if my husband made gajillions I had to keep my own income so I wouldn't have to ask him to buy me a box of Kotex. Those were the exact words. It was clearly the ultimate shame and horror that you might have to go to your man and beg him for a box of Kotex.

WTF is the big deal with putting pads or tampons on the grocery list? Seriously? Why is this an issue?

I put them on the grocery list every two weeks, and through at least half of the year the husband does the grocery shopping he just brings them home with the lettuce and the milk. Not at all an issue. Is it just my husband who is okay with this? Is it because he's got so much MANLINESS he's not afraid to be caught with a box of pads in the bike trailer? Is everyone else having a problem?

Could someone clarify this for me, please? Thanks

[ end :text-threadjacked: ]

I think the difference is that your husband is a decent person who doesn't lord his financial "might" over you. When I was a kid, my father's version of the "golden rule" was "he who has the gold makes the rules." When I was 16 he left my mother for another woman and fought for years over having to pay alimony and child support. I think my husband is a decent person, but I will always work and have my own money.

My grandmother also gave us the same line that a woman worked for her own money to be able to buy whatever she pleased. I don't know, when we needed pads or tampons as teenagers, we put them on the grocery list and my dad would pick up whatever brand we specified. I guess we were spoiled. :?

Actually, the worse horror is having to trigger the alarm in your cell and say "I've bled right through my trousers. Please can I have some sanitary protection?" Then wait for half an hour, still bleeding.

The thing in the circumstances, I think, isn't that A MAN has to get you TAMPONS or PADS, it's that you're reliant on someone else to get them for you. Menstruation will not always do what you expect it to, and it's a thing that many women only feel comfortable dealing with themselves.

I also don't think it's the tampons or pads specifically, just that for people who can't imagine ever being a SAHM/housewife, such as myself, part of that comes from not wanting to depend on someone to buy you what you need. I mean, when I get married some day it'll probably become "our" money anyways, but for me I don't like the idea of being dependant on another person, no matter how wonderful they are. Which is why I think all SAHMs should be able to make a living if they had to, because even if they choose not to at the moment, you never know when they may have to.

Anyways, I think it has to do with not wanting to rely on anyone to get anything for you, tampons just being the example. And that comes down to your personality/what you're comfortable with, which is why not working should be a choice. Some people who depend on their husband's income also have their spending strictly controlled unfortunately, so if they suddenly needed tampons at a non usual time they really would have to wait. With money comes power, and some people abuse that power.

I do think that women should have the wherewithal to support themselves if necessary. There's nowt wrong with being a SAHM, I'm semi-one myself, but I do think that it is a position which can create a real imbalance between certain couples, due to the whole 'housekeeping money' scenario. I know one or two couples where the situation started off well, then the husband went on an ego-trip.

Neither OH or I gives a shit who buys the fanny pads, but that is because I know that if OH had a personality transplant overnight, I'd be alright to sort myself out.

My mom got married after being *gasp* divorced to my father when she was 32. She had children at 36 and 39. My brother, despite some pretty serious behavioral disorders is currently pursuing a Ph.D in an incredibly difficult field at a prestigious institution. I'm currently living at home trying to figure out what the hell I want to do with my life, but I did just graduate with a B.A. and departmental honors (my alma mater doesn't have Latin honors) from a pretty elite undergrad institution.

You know where I've met the most people my age with parents who are my parents' ages and older? My academic, "gifted and talented" summer camp and my elite college.

I also don't think it's the tampons or pads specifically, just that for people who can't imagine ever being a SAHM/housewife, such as myself, part of that comes from not wanting to depend on someone to buy you what you need. I mean, when I get married some day it'll probably become "our" money anyways, but for me I don't like the idea of being dependant on another person, no matter how wonderful they are. Which is why I think all SAHMs should be able to make a living if they had to, because even if they choose not to at the moment, you never know when they may have to.

Anyways, I think it has to do with not wanting to rely on anyone to get anything for you, tampons just being the example. And that comes down to your personality/what you're comfortable with, which is why not working should be a choice. Some people who depend on their husband's income also have their spending strictly controlled unfortunately, so if they suddenly needed tampons at a non usual time they really would have to wait. With money comes power, and some people abuse that power.

Yup, exactly. Sorry, tampons were just the first thing that came to mind - I had a box sitting in front of me ;)

I don't like the idea of being dependant on another person, no matter how wonderful they are. Which is why I think all SAHMs should be able to make a living if they had to, because even if they choose not to at the moment, you never know when they may have to.

I think we can all agree that we don't want to be dependent on another person? As a housewife, you are not necessarily dependent on another person. You and your husband could make a perfect team where you both contribute to the household (you with your unpaid work, the husband with his paid work). Dependency is not just about money.

To me, dependency is about relying on another person to make decisions for you. Dependency is about being told what to do. For example, my big sister is a lawyer who works full time. Still I would not say she is an independent person at this point. Why? Because she lives in a controlling, abusive relationship where she is unable to do anything on her own. Her bf doesn't allow her to use her cell-phone during the day. He doesn't allow her to meet friends without him being present. Apparently he doesn't want her to spend Christmas day with us now (?!). He disapproves of her only hobby (blogging) so she has reduced her blogging-time to only twice a week (before each day of the week). A week ago, my sister was in a fight with her bf. Her bf was mad at my sister because I had texted her an early night and apparently the sound of the cell-phone had woken him up (instead of blaming me, he blamed my sister for having secret night conversations :roll: ). Anyway, she phoned here right after the fight and was sad/upset. Her bf had temporarily left their home. They had had plans for the day (for example grocery-shopping), and she seemed confused on what to do now when he was away. She just couldn't make herself go out and buy groceries, because that's something she doesn't do by her own. She was not limited because she didn't have the money (she has a lot of money...) but because of her dependency on him. He had not "allowed" her to go out and buy groceries, and she was therefore afraid he would be mad at her if she went out. I don't know how many times, during that phone-conversation, she had to be encouraged and told that she could and should go out and buy some food.

I'm not sure if my little rant here makes sense at all, but my point is: not all housewives are dependent, just like not all working women are independent. Perhaps working women are financially independent, but that's just one part of it. If you are independent when it comes to your finances but dependent when it comes to all other areas in your life, then you are not really independent...

Archived