IGNORED

Bill would allow fetuses as tax exemptions (Michigan)

ceg045

Plus what happens the woman has a miscarriage and you can't declare such child next year? Do you have to have a signed document from a doctor? imagine the paperwork problems of that.

Cause that couldn't be abused at all. You have to have a SSN to declare dependents. Hey, I'm pregnant with triplets, let me add three more dependents for my tax returns. The government can't demand a pee stick for every fetus.

And as the above posters stated, they keep repackaging the personhood bills to see what, if anything, sticks. Second verse, same as the first....

Since we all know that feminists like nothing more than killing babies, wouldn't this encourage abortions?

Get pregnant, get the doctor to certify it, abort it. Voila! Tax credit.

If you timed it right, you might be able to get several in one year.

I wonder how they can prove it? Do you have to provide pee sticks and a doctors note telling them how many are in there (to stop someone claiming to be 12 weeks pregnant with sextuplets but miscarry before theyre born) or make sure someone isnt getting the money then aborting? Or make sure someone is actually pregnant and not just faking it for the money.

I wonder how they can prove it? Do you have to provide pee sticks and a doctors note telling them how many are in there (to stop someone claiming to be 12 weeks pregnant with sextuplets but miscarry before theyre born) or make sure someone isnt getting the money then aborting? Or make sure someone is actually pregnant and not just faking it for the money.

The article says that a Drs. note is required. I was laughing and wondering if they would require pee sticks attached to the returns.

The article says that a Drs. note is required. I was laughing and wondering if they would require pee sticks attached to the returns.

They need a way to get a foot print too. that would be good proof. When you are so desperate that you give a tax credit you are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

OMG what a clerical nightmare for OBGYN's. :?

Didn't we JUST vote this one down in MI a few years ago?

fuck.

It's a red tape nightmare.

And does that mean you get to count them for 19 years, instead of 18?

What if I take a test on Jan 1 and find out I'm PG, and that I was 12 weeks in Dec, can I backdate?

How would they make sure the docs aren't just writing blanket notes?

What about people who have limited pre-natal care? they won't be able to claim this.

There's NO good reason for it. only bad ones.

Since we all know that feminists like nothing more than killing babies, wouldn't this encourage abortions?

Get pregnant, get the doctor to certify it, abort it. Voila! Tax credit.

If you timed it right, you might be able to get several in one year.

I was actually thinking something along this line ... hey! Round about tax exemptions for abortions!

Hmmm... In a perfect world, where every pregnancy is wanted and healthy and no one ever miscarries, this would be a good idea to help out with the cost of prenatal care and delivery. But yeah, no way is this even feasible in real life. I really think most politicians are suffering from mental illness that causes them to be completely detached from reality.

Didn't we JUST vote this one down in MI a few years ago?

fuck.

It's a red tape nightmare.

And does that mean you get to count them for 19 years, instead of 18?

What if I take a test on Jan 1 and find out I'm PG, and that I was 12 weeks in Dec, can I backdate?

How would they make sure the docs aren't just writing blanket notes?

What about people who have limited pre-natal care? they won't be able to claim this.

There's NO good reason for it. only bad ones.

And the bolded is why this was never about cutting prenatal costs, contrary to what the mouthpiece in the article claims. If legislators were really interested in making prenatal care affordable, wouldn't they subsidize it directly? This is just another sleazy attempt at personhood law.

In Hungary a fetus older than a certain age is counted as a dependent even if no live birth results for the rest of the duration of the pregnancy. I think the reasoning behind it is the associated expenses and encouragement to have more children--the birth rate is decreasing there in a scary way. Of course pre-natal care is compulsory and (theoretically) free for everyone, even if most women opt to go to a private doctor instead of the free national care doctors.

In Hungary a fetus older than a certain age is counted as a dependent even if no live birth results for the rest of the duration of the pregnancy. I think the reasoning behind it is the associated expenses and encouragement to have more children--the birth rate is decreasing there in a scary way. Of course pre-natal care is compulsory and (theoretically) free for everyone, even if most women opt to go to a private doctor instead of the free national care doctors.

Michigan already has a 'credit' for stillbirth.

Which means if your kid is born healthy, you get a deduction.

If, heaven forbid, it's not, there's still a deduction.

Which makes this credit jsut redundant.

Michigan already has a 'credit' for stillbirth.

Which means if your kid is born healthy, you get a deduction.

If, heaven forbid, it's not, there's still a deduction.

Which makes this credit jsut redundant.

Is that only Michigan? Several women I know (from my TTC - not tatortot casserole- days) had stillborns 24+ weeks and were able to claim them tax wise.

Is that only Michigan? Several women I know (from my TTC - not tatortot casserole- days) had stillborns 24+ weeks and were able to claim them tax wise.

Michigan no longer has the stillbirth "credit"- from the article

Michigan's stillbirth income tax credit was approved in 2006 but was later eliminated.

I guess I didn't realize they had eliminated it.

(yeah, it is state by state, so not all states have it)

Archived