IGNORED

Sarah Pope is in labor

NotALoserLikeYou

It's understandable (not justified, just understandable) that she's self-conscious. When you have to many people online and IRL rooting for you, you somehow don't want to disappoint. When I had micro-preemie #2 my friend posted the birth announcement on my preemie parenting forum. Reading back, she sounded so shocked. All the replies were shocked as well since there's really not a huge reason to say "mazal tov". I really wanted this to be the happy announcement I was dreaming about, hated the fact that everyone was so worried about me - loved the people, hated the way my situation made them feel, hated to burden them with the worry and sadness and fear.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right now, I am waiting to go into labor with my micro-premie. The doctor says it can happen to anyone at anytime so that I shouldn't be ashamed or scared to live my normal life. I am 27 weeks along, but my baby is 23 weeks in size, so I have to keep her in until she weighs enough for them to help after birth (~1lb). I am so scared, but have to keep that inside when I'm around my children, they don't need to be scared too. Every day I don't go into labor, or that she isn't in distress is a good day.

I will keep Sarah Pope in my thoughts and prayers and hope that her baby will make it with very few complications later in life.

I'm keeping you and your baby in my thoughts & prayers!

It's understandable (not justified, just understandable) that she's self-conscious. When you have to many people online and IRL rooting for you, you somehow don't want to disappoint. When I had micro-preemie #2 my friend posted the birth announcement on my preemie parenting forum. Reading back, she sounded so shocked. All the replies were shocked as well since there's really not a huge reason to say "mazal tov". I really wanted this to be the happy announcement I was dreaming about, hated the fact that everyone was so worried about me - loved the people, hated the way my situation made them feel, hated to burden them with the worry and sadness and fear.

I think that she feels bad because they had a 24 weeker and contrary to J'chelle she does not think it's peachy and worth having all the kids she can have. Here she did not want to be in this situation so she asked all those doctors to be sure this was a very slim possibility and yet she finds herself in the same place, with a very good possibility that she will have a micropremie again. I understand why she feels guilty but she accepted the opinion of the doctors.

Right now, I am waiting to go into labor with my micro-premie. The doctor says it can happen to anyone at anytime so that I shouldn't be ashamed or scared to live my normal life. I am 27 weeks along, but my baby is 23 weeks in size, so I have to keep her in until she weighs enough for them to help after birth (~1lb). I am so scared, but have to keep that inside when I'm around my children, they don't need to be scared too. Every day I don't go into labor, or that she isn't in distress is a good day.

I will keep Sarah Pope in my thoughts and prayers and hope that her baby will make it with very few complications later in life.

Big hugs to you bbtlover! As a first time pregnant lady my heart aches for you. I will keep you and Sarah in my thoughts!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there's any update on this? I checked and the blog hasn't been updated, but I'm clueless about any Twitter or family accounts that may be out there. I hope you're doing okay as well, bbtlover!

I hope Sarah's ok, and is able to carry her baby to term. It would be a heart breaking situation to have have another preemie. Sending prayers and good thoughts to Sarah, and to you too bbtlover.

I check every day -- in a way, every day without an update is a good one (she must be keeping Annalee in) but OTOH, they could be grieving very hard and just not feeling up to blogging. I hope it's the former.

On her facebook (which is public) she said the other night that she is still pregnant yet still contracting and will be 27 weeks tomorrow.

Glad to hear she's still pregnant. I wonder if her "friends" the Duggars are doing anything for her while she's in the hospital. I highly doubt it.

On her facebook (which is public) she said the other night that she is still pregnant yet still contracting and will be 27 weeks tomorrow.

I had an IUGR 29-weeker, and I sympathize with Sarah Pope and BBTLover wholeheartedly. I'll be thinking good thoughts for the both.

graciebeth, which Sarah Pope is she on Facebook? There are a bajillion out there.

She is Sarah Clark Pope. I just searched "Sarah Pope Arkansas" and matched the profile pic to what I've seen on the blog.

Thanks, graciebeth! :)

I am wishing so many good wishes to everyone who's baking babies right now + scared. <3

I'm still pregnant, but waiting for nature to take its course. OB and neonatalogist said that baby is still too small for intervention and that she's now in CHF. Now its a waiting game. I'll be induced when she does pass so that I won't have to carry her around for weeks after

I'm still pregnant, but waiting for nature to take its course. OB and neonatalogist said that baby is still too small for intervention and that she's now in CHF. Now its a waiting game. I'll be induced when she does pass so that I won't have to carry her around for weeks after

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending lots of good vibes your way.

I am so very sorry.

I am so so sorry, bbtlover! Sending big hugs your way!

I am so very sorry.

My heart goes out to you. It's such a hard thing to go through. Stay strong.

Archived