IGNORED

Collin Klein, likely Heisman Trophy winner, is a fundy

Lady Elaine

Ha ha, even my husband has learned how to spot them. He pulled this nugget out of last night's sports news.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html

He had is first kiss at the altar this July, after hearing the voice of God telling him to marry the girl. The girl also heard the voice of God. They had an 18 day courtship followed by a 6 month engagement. This guy is set to be the next big thing in football --and with this kind of record, he will surely out righteous Tim Tebow.

What I want to know is how these homeschool boys are becoming such great football players... surely they are allowed to join real teams as kids to pick up these skills. I can't imagine the local co-op PE class producing many NFL greats.

I was hoping someone would spot this story & post it!

Voice of god = hormones!

Back in June our state passed what they're calling the "Tebow Bill." Homeschoolers can join public school teams. What I don't understand is, if you don't want your kids in the ebil gubment public skool, why would you want them to play on teams with heathen public school kids?

I think it goes back to the Christian sense of entitlement.

There's a junior high near me that has a track that's open to the public. Sometimes a local Christian school track team practices there & basically takes over. I've had kids run me out of my lane, & stand on the track, refusing to get out of the way of other users. They're rude & inconsiderate & their coach just smirks & doesn't say a word. He actually walked away from an adult runner who tried to complain about the kids' behavior.

The attitude around here is, if our public school is not good enough for your kids, why do you use it's facilities?

At this point, he's fairly quiet about things. Reporters do ask him about his faith a lot. I don't think he'll out-Tebow Tebow, but only time will tell.

Klein got hurt in the game tonight. Hopefully not badly, because I love me some K-State football.

Homeschoolers in MN and WI have always been able to play sports at public schools. They can participate in drama or other extracurricular activities also.

When it comes to football lots of boys play in Pop Warner or community youth teams. NFL teams also have camps for kids. My son did Vikings' camps. He didn't go on to the NFL after high school and college ball but several of his team mates did.

Lol, as if Jesus is going to busy himself getting a pair of horny fundies to the altar. If they hadn't both hallucinated it would have taken, what, an extra week or two?

I like the commentary I found on it from this website http://www.playerwives.com

COMMENTARY

WHAT? I mean seriously. What? How the hell does this possibly work? I'm in no way judging any religious persecutions or devotions or traditions or whatever the hell this is called, but what? How can you possibly ask someone to marry you without sitting across from a dinner table on a date? What if they annoy you when they chew? What if they make weird noises when they eat? What if they order a really embarrassing drink, or they're mean to the waiter? I lived with my now wife for five years before we got married, and I'm still not sure it was the right call (Of course it was wife, but this is only supporting my rant,... I swear). Seriously, she came after me with two clenched fists ready to swing because I didn't hang up a towel. How do you know that Shalin won't do this to you Collin? Or how do you know that she won't be the one leaving wet towels on the floor?

Also, this whole kissing thing,... dude what if she was awful? What if she got crazy with the tongue. I dare you to try to correct your wife on kissing. Those clenched fists will make another appearance.

Dude, it's admirable what you did, and I'm sure God is proud of you for keeping things pure.... it sounds like a sorta cool utopian self deprivation. My form of self deprivation is seeing if I can go 20 minutes without checking email or Twitter. I'm rarely successful, but when I am, I feel awesome for it. You should try that. Remember, you'll probably be the #1 or 2 pick to save the Chiefs in April, and with that comes tens of millions of guaranteed money,... dude you now owe her HALF. Considering you hadn't been on a date, I doubt the pre-nup conversation came up.

OK, so seriously, best of luck to the two. I wish no harm on anyone, and hope it works, but I don't see it. If it does last, and when your NFL career is over, Klein should give marriage seminars, cause this dude will clearly have it figured out.

Thats so true, the fundies dont think of things like this when they use courtship. They dont know whether the couple are perfect matches for eachother, they might discover when they move in together that the other is a complete asshole when nobody is around, or has annoying habits that drive them crazy, and then theyre stuck together.

Homeschoolers in MN and WI have always been able to play sports at public schools. They can participate in drama or other extracurricular activities also.

When it comes to football lots of boys play in Pop Warner or community youth teams. NFL teams also have camps for kids. My son did Vikings' camps. He didn't go on to the NFL after high school and college ball but several of his team mates did.

Yup, Pop Warner teams are also an option for homeschooled kids. But there are college and NFL players that never played in Pop Warner leagues and they only started playing football in high school. One recent example is Patrick Willis of the 49ers. He grew up very poor and his family never had the money for him to play in youth football.

Archived