IGNORED

Gingrich Defends Mourdock’s Rape Comments,

AtroposHeart

GINGRICH: My response is, if you listen to what Mourdock actually said, he said what virtually every catholic and every fundamentalist in the country believes, life begins at conception.…

STEPHANOPOULOS: Mr. Speaker, what Mr. Mourdock said exactly was that this life after rape, as horrible as it may be, is something that god intended to happen. Do you agree with that?

GINGRICH: And he also immediately issued a clarification saying that he was referring to the act of conception and he condemned rape. Romney has condemned rape. One part of this is nonsense. Every candidate I know, every decent american i know condemns rape. Okay so, why can’t people like Stephanie Cutter get over it? We all condemn rape…

Gingrich does not have to get an abortion if he doesn't want one. His taxpayer funds don't go toward supporting abortion. I would suggest that he follow the parts of Catholicism that apply to him, like not divorcing your wife for another woman.

Newt Gingrich can kiss my fat white ass!

I don't want Newtie within a thousand mile radius of MY fat white ass. :obscene-buttmoon:

I love how men feel the need to chime in on a subject they will never have to deal with. When they're forced to relive their rape constantly for 9 months, forced to go through a painful birth that they didn't choose, forced to live with the visible shame for 9 months, then they can have an opinion. Until then, they need to shut the fuck up.

I don't want Newtie within a thousand mile radius of MY fat white ass. :obscene-buttmoon:

I don't think there is an antidote to remove the slime

I don't think there is an antidote to remove the slime

Just looking at Gingrich creeps me out. The fact that his books are all over my mom's house.... *yuck*

Why don't these politicians think that life begins... WHEN YOUR TESTICLES FORM SPERM. Every sperm is living and, well, sacred (i'm sure they all know the song).

Gingrich does not have to get an abortion if he doesn't want one. His taxpayer funds don't go toward supporting abortion. I would suggest that he follow the parts of Catholicism that apply to him, like not divorcing your wife for another woman.

Fu--

Someone may get hurt the next time I hear a man telling a woman to get over the GOP's tacit condoning of rape. I am sorry, but this is appalling. I don't care how you feel about the economy or the war in Iraq; the real question is "how do you feel about women?" I did not coerce my husband into voting Democrat for the first time in his more than half a decade of life, but if he hadn't? I would look at him differently.

I will not get over my aversion to rape. I refuse to make rape normal and just another way of conceiving babies. I have daughters, goddamnit, and they are not going to be raped with government-fucking-approval.

I want to tell him that he is by no means obligated to have an abortion himself if he feels it is against his principles.

I wonder how fast these politicians would change their tune if they were impregnated in some covert scientific experiment. It's very easy to have high-sounding principles that can never be challenged in one's life.

There has been talk on the FB 19 kids page about this subject. One poster said she kept her baby and I said fine but not all women feel like you in your situation. She mentioned having to move out of the country. I am tempted to one reason many choose to abort or choose adoption is cases like yours. Calling the baby a blessing is like justifying the crime IMO.

Archived