IGNORED

Mass shooting in Brookfield, WI

Seven Severn

My son goes to college 30 miles from Brookfield! (Whitewater) I lived in Milwaukee 23 years ago, Brookfield was not a place I would expect violence. Isn't this pretty close to the Sikh shooting?

It's somewhat close to the Sikh shooting, but not super close. I live really close to the Sikh temple and Brookfield takes 20-30 minutes to drive to from where I am.

I am so very tired of seeing mass shooting stories like this. We had another mass shooting at the Sheraton that is just down the road from this salon several years ago. It sounds like the victims of this shooting are largely in non-critical condition which is good to hear...I hope that remains the case.

The shooter had a restraining order against him from his estranged wife who worked at the spa where the shooting took place. He was reportedly dressed in fatigues and fled the scene in a black Mazda. Four people are being treated for non-critical injuries and three others are in hospital (conditions unknown at this point).

MSNBC is covering this. Hospital rep says four admitted with non-life threatening injuries, but is on lockdown. Rep says 3 more could POTENTIALLY be admitted. Lockdown implies estranged wife, who filed for divorce on Friday, must be one of the victims. Mall and country club in the area are shut down.

I was literally a half mile away when it happened but had no clue. I heard sirens but that's not unusual in the city; I do remember thinking there were a lot of them but even that isn't enough to do anything more than notice when driving along on the way home. I can't guarantee what I heard was even for the shooting. But, their ringing had an entirely different meaning after the fact when I got home and heard the news.

Archived