IGNORED

Victory for Planned Parenthood YEA

countressrascal

Arizona can't defund them. Thank you so very much Judge Neil Wake. Now I am waiting for some wackadoddle comment from Jan The GED Gov and the rest of the right wing in the state.

Arizona can't defund them. Thank you so very much Judge Neil Wake. Now I am waiting for some wackadoddle comment from Jan The GED Gov and the rest of the right wing in the state.

Thank you for reporting this.

We have insane elected representatives here in Arizona, for the most part. Some of my friends refer to my county as "Maricopastan."

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-1 ... ns-blocked

It should be noted that Judge Wake was appointed by George W. Bush to the district court in 2004 (per Judgepedia). So he's no flaming liberal.

Arizona will continue to have very serious problems as long as the Arizona legislature is filled with extreme right-wing wackadoodles.

Arizona will continue to have very serious problems as long as the Arizona legislature is filled with extreme right-wing wackadoodles.

There isn't much hope, then.

Fuck yeah PP! :dance:

It should be noted that Judge Wake was appointed by George W. Bush to the district court in 2004 (per Judgepedia). So he's no flaming liberal.
That fact disappeared from the minds of the entire right wing the minute the PP ruling was out. I guarantee it.

There isn't much hope, then.

Did you hear about the Spanish language voting instructions that were sent out with the wrong date?

Did you hear about the Spanish language voting instructions that were sent out with the wrong date?

Yes, but it was a limited number. They weren't mailed out, just sat on the counter at the voter registration office.

What worries me more is what Helen Purcell (Maricopa County recorder) said a few days ago that really confused the issue on people collecting mail-in ballots for delivery (i.e., from shut-ins, also, people like my dad who need someone to read the ballot to him and then mark the candidate, etc.). Purcell says it's a class 5 felony to possess someone else's ballot, but that's not the law. You can read more here:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bastar ... egardi.php?

Yes, but it was a limited number. They weren't mailed out, just sat on the counter at the voter registration office.

What worries me more is what Helen Purcell (Maricopa County recorder) said a few days ago that really confused the issue on people collecting mail-in ballots for delivery (i.e., from shut-ins, also, people like my dad who need someone to read the ballot to him and then mark the candidate, etc.). Purcell says it's a class 5 felony to possess someone else's ballot, but that's not the law. You can read more here:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bastar ... egardi.php?

How do we know that the person who read your father's ballot to him checked the correct box? Only kidding. AZ just wants to stay the red neck state that it is-"Show me your papers please" and the punch line for every late night show. It is sad to see it go this way. Barry and Peggy Goldwater must be turning over in their graves, since Peggy is one of the founders of Plan Parenthood in Arizona. They give out an award every year in honor of them, to the person who has done outstanding job in promoting the values of Plan Parenthood. Another interesting note she was arrested and spent I think 5 days in jail for handing out birth control information when that was illegal to do. Great lady.

Archived