IGNORED

Pearls On Silly Boys

debrand

Apparently, little boys being silly really, really aggravates the Pearls because they have more than one article dedicated to rooting out silliness in boys. I've noticed that some fundies seem to really dislike young boys who act like little kids.

http://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/a-dogs ... _slug=boys

Each foolish happening must be considered and brought under control either by constrained consequences or by the rod.

I’m sure there isn’t a child out there who hasn’t done something equally as foolish at least once. Most parents are not weeding out foolishness like this wise dad, but are allowing it to continue, thinking it must just be just a passing stage. Discounting all the early signs, parents are shocked and surprised when their children grow up to be teenage fools.

http://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/silly- ... _slug=boys

A silly boy is disgusting and repulsive, because he is the antithesis of all that is attractive in a male. There is no age at which silliness is normal. It is in all circumstances inappropriate.

and

Silliness is a wall against transparency, a rejection of responsibility, and a denial of accountability. It is a drug, a high, a continuous party mentality, a thoughtless denial of tomorrow.

I was in grade school in the fifties and started high school in 1959. I don’t remember any really silly boys, not like today’s crowd of them. The average church in America has a parade of silly fools. Public schools must be giving the boys silly pills

and

began by saying that silly boys are public proof of a father’s neglect and of a mother’s indulgence. I have addressed the father’s responsibility. Now, please sit down, mothers.

When a son is over-indulged by his mother, and criticized by his sisters, he will be silly. Pay attention. A boy, at any age, is an incomplete man, with all the ego of a man. God designed man for a purpose. If he is deprived of opportunity to fulfill his natural role, he will be self-loathing—which is self-love turned on itself. If mother keeps her son close to her bosom, not allowing him to be a man, perhaps expecting him to be more like the girls in temperament, he will not be fulfilled as a human being and will express his self-disgust by acting in many disgusting ways.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the mother of 3 boys... I say ...um...shove it up your arse scary man. I wouldn't leave my kids in your company for one second. You make my skin crawl.

http://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/just-f ... _slug=boys

It seems that foolish children have become the norm in our society. Parents or guardians excuse silliness by saying, “They’re just kids; they’ll grow out of it.†So they are allowed to be fools until it seems to be the accepted norm.

http://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/unbinding-foolishness/

Often the most endearing child is the foolish one. She can be obedient and kind, not a loudmouth…she just acts silly. She might take unwise chances, such as standing on the slide making stupid faces until she loses her balance and falls, hurting herself.

I say her, but usually the most foolish child is male. Parents usually overlook the foolishness because the child is not rebellious, mean, bitter, or hurtful to others—just silly and childlike beyond his age. Maybe that is the reason God very specifically addresses this area of ugly childhood behavior and tells parents exactly how to respond. God says, “Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.â€

and

You wish you could just shut the door and hide his behavior, and many parents eventually do shut the door, so to speak, on their foolish, stupid clown of a kid.

and

If you catch him acting silly or irresponsible, then rebuke and spank as needed to produce sobriety. When you see him do a dumb thing and you know he knows better (or at least should know better,) communicate the seriousness of your concern with a spanking.

and

But all children have foolishness bound in their hearts, and they all need to be freed from the bondage that will drag them down their entire lives. Give your children the gifts of wisdom, sobriety, and a sound mind; drive foolishness far from them. My mom always said that a slender willow switch works wonders. I say it works miracles.

Poor kids, let them be silly at times, as long as they know how to behave in public and can sit still and listen when doing school work.

Urgh that just disgusts me. So kids can't even be kids now, not allowed to be playful and funny and silly!? :-(

Also, what does this say about the Duggars Howlers, they act pretty 'silly' from time to time, guess they're not getting spanked enough. *sigh*

Really detest that these people try to control and stop and actually PUNISH normal growing behaviours!

As the mother of 3 boys... I say ...um...shove it up your arse scary man. I wouldn't leave my kids in your company for one second. You make my skin crawl.

My family has always had silly people in it. Those silly people still managed to work, pay bills and even die for their country. Part of the siliness comes from a dark humor that is produced by the poverty that many people in my family experienced. I can't imagine anyone thinking that some of the tough older people in my family weren't real men or women just because they could get goofy now and then.

Once my sixty something year old grandmother drew a goofy picture of her sister and had me pass it to her. They both laughed and laughed. When I've told that story, I've had people ask if my grandmother was senile. NO! She just had a silly sense of humor. She was also a woman who lived through a harsh life.

Some of the best times I've had with my daughter (and still have for that matter) are when we're just being silly for the sake of being silly. And frankly, the day I STOP being silly is the day I stop breathing.

In another time, these ass clowns would have been model death camp commandants. They just need to die already and stop infecting the world with their "wisdom."

As the mother of one very silly, almost three year old boy, I weep for those who would follow the Pearls and lose that gift. My son silliness brings joy and laughter to those around him. It's part of who he is, and I hope he doesn't completely lose it as he gets older.

Seriously, Pearls, wrapping sociopathy in Jesus-language is still sociopathy.

Word to all of the above. The Swine (thanks to Sparkles for thinking that one up!) have a bizarre way of looking at the world. They have no sense that children tend, in time, to outgrow certain behaviors, or learn how to reserve those behaviors for the appropriate situations. Oh, but those are things I've learned from Evil Developmental Psychology courses--and fucking common sense.

Hitting a little boy for being a goofball sometimes? Anyone who lays a finger on my grandson is gonna draw back a stump.

I've heard "silly" as a euphemism for "gay." Maybe they don't understand that it's not literal and they are gonna spank the gay away so they don't have to pray the gay away?

This (along with spanking "willful" babies and the other crap they spew) makes me want to believe wholeheartedly in Hell.

I've heard "silly" as a euphemism for "gay." Maybe they don't understand that it's not literal and they are gonna spank the gay away so they don't have to pray the gay away?

This (along with spanking "willful" babies and the other crap they spew) makes me want to believe wholeheartedly in Hell.

Oh God, I didn't even think of that. :( That, somehow, makes me feel even sicker.

Being silly is normal, not just for kids but adults too. Kids just get to do it more often because they aren't adults. Life would be boring without a chance to be silly.

Yup, "silly" in many fundie circles is used to reference boys they think or know are gay. I am guessing they are referring more to boys that they consider to be effeminate. Not just boys who have a sense of humor.

Not that it makes it any less disturbing. These people are insane.

Silliness is educational. My husband taught me that. He's the silliest person I've ever met and he uses the silliness to teach our kids things. They are often silly things, but the world needs some silly. It's a coping mechanism in our family. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Make some silly faces in the mirror after your shower until you giggle. Sorted.

We used to make it a contest, being silly (raised two boys and a girl). Can't tell you how many times they did the 'department of silly walks' through the mall. Seems somebody needs to worry a bout the mote up his ass, not the one in his eye.

Guest Anonymous
Some of the best times I've had with my daughter (and still have for that matter) are when we're just being silly for the sake of being silly. And frankly, the day I STOP being silly is the day I stop breathing.

In another time, these ass clowns would have been model death camp commandants. They just need to die already and stop infecting the world with their "wisdom."

I can't kill him but I CAN try to make him look silly:

e6y9w2.jpg

Since Scripture is the only thing they understand - what do they do with Ecclesiastes 3? V 4 - "a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance". There is a time to laugh and dance and - dare I say - be silly.

The examples in the articles are just stupid. When my kid tried dog food I laughed with him, because it isn't going to hurt him. Good grief.

ETA - being silly with the kids is awesome. I really am sorry for their children.

ETA - foolishness is not the same as silliness!!!!!!! :roll:

What's the point of living if you can't just be silly sometimes?

Boom boom, ain't it great to be craaaaazy, boom boom ain't it great to be nuts?

Silly, and foolish all day long, boom boom ain't it great to be crazy?

This story makes me so sad. I am a very silly person, but I know when it's time to be serious. My husband and I have so much fun being silly together. I think it's the reason we've persevered despite my health issues. You have to know how and when to let go. My family and close friends know that I am silly. At 40 years old, I still make up songs and dance around. Even when I'm very sick and in the hospital, I try to find moments to release all the seriousness and give myself a break from working so hard to live.

I feel for those children who are not allowed to let go and enjoy life. I'm pretty sure that Jesus smiled and laughed and probably did some silly things as well. He was human, after all.

The Pearls are insane. I love being silly with my two boys. My younger one is immature for his age but its not because he's silly. I could cry at the thought of breaking his spirit by beating him.

What a sad, sad life the Pearls must lead. They make the Maxwells look laid-back.

I do wonder how Michael Pearl was raised to have turned out this warped. I'd like to bet he wasn't the robotic angel he seems to think everyone else's kids should be.

No greater joy, but without the silly and the laughter that goes with it. How does that work exactly? Humour is something to be celebrated, it makes a sometimes grim life bearable. How do people like Rebekah Anast wake up every morning in her grinding poverty to beat the laughter out of her children? What type of person can bear to follow this advice?

Oh God, I didn't even think of that. :( That, somehow, makes me feel even sicker.

Me, too. :(

Archived